Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280468 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #420 on: March 05, 2014, 04:27:30 am »
Blue Exorcist is a decent anime...  After his voiceover work on Sword Art Online, I've become bored of hearing Bryce Papenbrook.  In my opinion, Kirito and Rin basically have the same personality, which I found annoying.  Although, I enjoyed his Masaomi Kida and Zidane Tribal work on Durarara!! and the Dissidia series, respectively.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

blipcs76

« Reply #421 on: March 05, 2014, 09:44:43 am »
I picked up a bunch of Studio Ghibli blu-rays as I rejoined the Disney Movie Club.  Added Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, Whisper of the Heart and My Neighbor Totoro.  Rewatched Castle in the Sky this weekend and it remains one of my favorite Miyazaki films.

scott

« Reply #422 on: March 05, 2014, 10:07:41 am »
Watched Rock of Ages again last night. Love that movie, but I think its because its filled with my kind of rock music.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #423 on: March 05, 2014, 05:45:09 pm »
I picked up a bunch of Studio Ghibli blu-rays as I rejoined the Disney Movie Club.  Added Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, Whisper of the Heart and My Neighbor Totoro.  Rewatched Castle in the Sky this weekend and it remains one of my favorite Miyazaki films.

they need to come out with a bluray box set and take my damn money already

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #424 on: March 08, 2014, 01:24:56 am »

I second this motion.  Although, to be clear...  Are we talking Studio Ghibli or Hayao Miyazaki films?  No objections to either but with Studio Ghibli, wider selection.

The day comes when a Studio Ghibli boxset releases, I'll be watching Grave Of The Fireflies with my brother.

« Reply #425 on: March 08, 2014, 09:36:16 pm »

I second this motion.  Although, to be clear...  Are we talking Studio Ghibli or Hayao Miyazaki films?  No objections to either but with Studio Ghibli, wider selection.

The day comes when a Studio Ghibli boxset releases, I'll be watching Grave Of The Fireflies with my brother.

i have nott seen that one yet

« Reply #426 on: March 08, 2014, 09:36:43 pm »
cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2014, 11:12:33 pm »
i have nott seen that one yet
Very sad movie, in my opinion.  Watched the movie in my high school Japanese class, and I was either holding back the tears or asking for a box of tissue.

« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2014, 02:40:15 am »
Currently watching Toradora. It's hilarious and adorable lol

brunauss

« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2014, 03:20:03 am »
Saw 300: Rise of an Empire. It was exclusively in 3D and just as awesome as the first. Oh, there will be a third 300 movie too.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2014, 10:44:10 pm »
last vegas

it was pretty funny

brunauss

« Reply #431 on: March 11, 2014, 04:00:16 am »
Doing a regular movie marathon after doing some oscar nominee binge watching. Saw Non-Stop before work. another great Liam Neison action film.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #432 on: March 11, 2014, 07:35:51 pm »

I watched the Fright Night remake.

Great vampire movie (no sparkling men here). It completely respected the source material, yet felt like a modern update. Nothing story-wise or major was changed. Just had better special effects, set currently rather than in the 80s, updated the styles and dialogue to match 2011, and the T.V. "vampire hunter" character was changed a bit.

I loved the original, and I'm looking to buy this version now, too. Great, fun little ride for horror fans, and it's tame enough to watch with the kiddies even (not saying it won't scare some of the more timid ones; but nothing that will scar them for life, no sex, no nudity).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 07:41:02 pm by burningdoom »

90snostalga

« Reply #433 on: March 11, 2014, 11:49:34 pm »
Me and my wife watched Don John last night.  One of the most horrible movies and endings I have ever seen.  DO NOT WATCH...I repeat DO NOT WATCH...Waste of your time

« Reply #434 on: March 14, 2014, 04:43:32 am »
Decided to go and marathon the Harry Potter series as I realized I hadn't watched them since I first saw them in theater.  I didn't really get into them till they matured a bit more around the 3rd or 4th flick, but the Sorceror's Stone was pretty good.  It's still a very fun and imaginative family film. Probably appreciate it more than I did when it first came out as it was around the 2nd year of highschool for me and it probably seemed to kiddish at the time lol
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:51:23 am by kamikazekeeg »