Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91091 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2015, 03:29:26 pm »
Not old enough to remember him actually wrestling, but I do remember him as a manager in WCW during the late 80s/early 90s.

R.I.P.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/1115/603819/wrestling-legend-nick-bockwinkel-passes-away/

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2015, 11:57:21 am »

So I watched this last night, the documentary part (haven't got to the matches, yet).

Not bad, but I think it definitely could have been better. It was a documentary-style, that followed Sting around the WWE headquarters as he reminisced about his career (with of course added footage from the past where applicable).

I think it was very lacking, though. I was really hoping to learn some more about his WCW career during the blonde-years. But it skipped over a LOT of that.

It did give a lot about how his career began with body-building, teaming with Ultimate Warrior, and getting his start in Jerry Jarrett's organization. Then it talks about him getting into WCW. Thing is, it only really talks about his break-in match with Flair, then skips ahead to the big Starrcade build-up and match with Hogan in 1996, and his change into Crow Sting. Which is a career-defining match for him, no doubt. But I wanted to see stuff about his rivalries with The Great Mutah, Vader, and Cactus Jack. It then skips ahead to the final Nitro at Panama Beach. Totally skipping the stuff in-between with The Wolfpac, the WCW version of the Mega-Powers with him Hogan and Goldberg, and his violent rivalry with Vampiro. Surprisingly enough, Sting does at least mention his time with TNA, though. And then it skips ahead to his signing with WWE.

The match selection looks good, though. I look forward to that.

Did anyone else watch this? What are your thoughts on it?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:10:49 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2015, 06:51:02 pm »
Geez, rough time in the WWE.  Rollins is out, forcing him to vacate the belt, Rusev is apparently out from injury, and now Cesaro could be out with injury for months.  I didn't even notice that Orton was gone too from an injury, but that makes sense after he kinda disappeared during the Wyatt family stuff.  The artcle also points out that Tyson Kidd is still gone, so apparently him and Cesaro can go and be broken tag team partners together now lol

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/11/22/9772166/cesaro-injury-shoulder-torn-rotator-cuff-surgery

Oh well, hoping for something interesting tonight at Survivor Series.

doafan

« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2015, 03:43:31 pm »
Unfortunately didn't had a chance to watch the full Survivors series event cause I had to attend a compromise with my wife but still managed to watch the last two matches and damn they were so pretty good, gonna leave my comments and will try to watch the rest of the event at night.

* Brothers of Destruction vs. The Wyatt Family: What can I say the result of this match was the one that all the people at the event was expecting, even when the match was unfair (come on 2 against 4) Taker and Kane were as powerful as when I was younger, glad to see that when this two mothafuckas still are serous business and am really hoping to see a rematch of this one even when they didn't have any belt on the line.
* WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Finals: Am quite sure that this one had to be the best match of the night, had the idea for some days that Reigns was about to become part of The Authority before this event and that he was gonna end the friendship with Ambrose but am glad that this didn't happened, the match was hell of amazing that I really can't say which one of the two wrestlers was the best  cause both of them did an amazing job and when both of them remain as friends after Reings won indeed was epic, about what happened next don't want to talk about it.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2015, 04:13:27 pm »
I thought the Ambrose/Reigns fight was kinda just alright.  Same for The Taker/Kane match, though I know that was mostly just going to be a more basic match, but after Taker's match with Lesnar, this was kinda underwhelming outside of a few spots.  I actually thought one of the better matches were Ambrose and Owens, some great hits in that and I thought there was some good stuff with Reigns and Rio.  The elimination tag team match was fairly disappointing.  New Day leaving is fine on Raw, but lets not pull that shit on a PPV.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2015, 04:30:03 pm »
I totally wanted Ambrose to end up with the strap. But I guess he's forever relegated to mid-carder. I personally think he's the best guy on their roster right now.

doafan

« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2015, 03:06:53 pm »
Can't believe that the event TLC is so damn close at there are that many matches announced for this one, really want to believe that Wikipedia has not updated the article with the list of the matches cause this are the only ones that they got at the page ...

1.- Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns:  Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
2.- Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose: Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
3.- The New Day vs. The Usos vs. The Lucha Dragons: Triple Threat Tag Team Ladder match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Haven't seen RAW or SmackDown lately but I'm quite sure that there is gonna be a match between the Wyath Family vs The Dudley Boys, Tommy Dreamer and a 4th wrestler that is not yet confirmed, is there any other match that am missing ?  ???

« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2015, 03:11:58 pm »
Can't believe that the event TLC is so damn close at there are that many matches announced for this one, really want to believe that Wikipedia has not updated the article with the list of the matches cause this are the only ones that they got at the page ...

1.- Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns:  Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
2.- Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose: Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
3.- The New Day vs. The Usos vs. The Lucha Dragons: Triple Threat Tag Team Ladder match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Haven't seen RAW or SmackDown lately but I'm quite sure that there is gonna be a match between the Wyath Family vs The Dudley Boys, Tommy Dreamer and a 4th wrestler that is not yet confirmed, is there any other match that am missing ?  ???
I haven't watched in a long long time, but I wasn't aware that the Dudleys came back to WWE and Tommy Dreamer came out of retirement.

doafan

« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2015, 03:19:59 pm »
I haven't watched in a long long time, but I wasn't aware that the Dudleys came back to WWE and Tommy Dreamer came out of retirement.

Retirement ?, what the hell are you talking about Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley were working for the TNA these past years about Tommy Dreamer am not quite sure since I didn't knew that he came back to the WWE until a partner from the office told me this new  ;D

« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2015, 04:23:23 pm »
I don't know what's confusing about my statement.  I didn't know the Dudleys left TNA and I had thought Tommy Dreamer had retired years ago.

doafan

« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2015, 04:25:27 pm »
I don't know what's confusing about my statement.  I didn't know the Dudleys left TNA and I had thought Tommy Dreamer had retired years ago.

My mistake and am sorry I still got some issues with the English language, guess that didn't understand your sentence the way it was.

« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2015, 06:44:52 pm »

Same, but I think that's it mostly for the big matches.  Probably a Diva's match will happen too, but those are usually not worth watching.  Which reminds me to try and catch up on some NXT.  Usually can get some good stuff there and I haven't seen anything with Asuka since her second match.

doafan

« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2015, 10:13:12 pm »
Same, but I think that's it mostly for the big matches.  Probably a Diva's match will happen too, but those are usually not worth watching.

Allow me to say that you were right, two new matches has been announced this past Monday at RAW:

4.- Paige vs. Charlotte (c) c/ Ric Flair: WWE Divas Championship Match
5.- Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio: WWE United States Championship - Chairs Match

.. also Rhino has been confirmed as the fourth member of the Dudley's & Tommy Dream team (fuck yeah)  8)

doafan

« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2015, 01:34:38 pm »
It's almost time for the event and a couple of days ago the WWE announced a last time fight between Ryback vs. Rusev (with Lana) dunno how they get the idea but I do want this one to be the first match cause is this one and the Diva's those that I don't usually see and before the match here are my predictions:

* Ryback:: if I wanted to see a Goldberg match I can always search him at Youtube.
* Team ECW: as an extreme fan I seriously wants this to happen, hope am correct.
* Charlotte: no comments neither maybe because I'll gonna make myself a sandwich.
* Alberto del Rio: honestly I don't like both of them but we need to have a loser.
* Lucha Dragons: why ?, because am Mexican and want to see these mothafuckas won the belts.
* Kevin Owens: already had changed my avatar and signature cause am pretty confident
* Roman Reigns: am not saying that is impossible but am quite sure a lot of us are expecting this to happen.

« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2015, 05:07:51 pm »
It's almost time for the event and a couple of days ago the WWE announced a last time fight between Ryback vs. Rusev (with Lana) dunno how they get the idea but I do want this one to be the first match cause is this one and the Diva's those that I don't usually see and before the match here are my predictions:

* Ryback:: if I wanted to see a Goldberg match I can always search him at Youtube.
* Team ECW: as an extreme fan I seriously wants this to happen, hope am correct.
* Charlotte: no comments neither maybe because I'll gonna make myself a sandwich.
* Alberto del Rio: honestly I don't like both of them but we need to have a loser.
* Lucha Dragons: why ?, because am Mexican and want to see these mothafuckas won the belts.
* Kevin Owens: already had changed my avatar and signature cause am pretty confident
* Roman Reigns: am not saying that is impossible but am quite sure a lot of us are expecting this to happen.

Still not sure if I'm gonna watch it or not. A couple fights might be alright, though I will say I'm glad to see that they did drop the Lana/Ziggler thing.  They RUINED Lana by turning her into just Ziggler's arm candy and all the embarrassing romantic conflict stuff was so badly conceived.  I had only started watching her with Rusev at Wrestlemania, probably missing the better time of Rusev, and really loved how she was portrayed with him.  Hoping it's back to that now.

I want to like Lucha Dragons more, but they aren't the strongest team.  They have some sweet moves when Sin Cara isn't botching things and outside of that, they have no presence.  It doesn't help that New Day is basically the best thing happening in the tag team division other than maybe the Dudley's lol

I really don't think they are gonna give Reigns the win.  I know it's common place to screw him over continually now, but Sheamus losing the belt so quickly feels underwhelming and way too fast.  If they were going to have Reigns win, they would've let him win and then have Sheamus steal it maybe at whatever the next event would be in a month or two, and then once Rollins comes back, it could be a big deal between them to see who can get their belt back, which I would then hope for Rollins, cause he's such a great heel.  It could've been a three way battle perhaps at Wrestlemania for the win or something.  Slightly unrealistic idea though as I know Rollins isn't likely to be ready before Wrestlemania anyways.

*EDIT*
Eh, I caved and restarted my membership for another month.  I haven't been keeping up with Raw, which apparently has been sucking mostly lately, but I'll watch TLC while playing some Xenoblade Chronicles X and then maybe catch up NXT which I hear is doing way better than the main show lol
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:17:06 pm by kamikazekeeg »