Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91088 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #435 on: July 13, 2016, 01:04:39 pm »
 My dream picks for General Managers would be Flair for Raw and Bischoff for Smackdown.

They were the two greatest Raw GMs we ever had.

doafan

« Reply #436 on: July 13, 2016, 01:26:28 pm »
Is it just me, or does that seem a bit redundant? Do we really need both a Commissioner and a General Manager for both shows? Aren't they pretty much the same position but with different names?

Anyways, who do you think are in the runnings for these positions? Who are your picks?

Want to believe that Stephanie and Shane need to have some free time after managing the companies these past months and that's why they want to have a General Manager that represent each show anyways my picks are Vicky Guerrero for Raw and Daniel Brian for SmackDown  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #437 on: July 13, 2016, 09:22:23 pm »

« Reply #438 on: July 18, 2016, 07:45:12 pm »
The last RAW before Smackdown Live and the draft tomorrow.  The GM reveals are happening tonight to kickoff RAW.  Word is that Stephanie is likely picking HHH, because power couple authority angle continuing, though Shane could be the interesting one.  Someone like Daniel Bryan coming back for this is a rumor, though that might be pushing it.  Shane will have the interesting pick i think since I'm sure they are gonna have a good guy for it to counter the heel leaders of RAW.

Lucha Dragons have already broken up before the draft to go as singles, though if they both make it onto the same show, they'd probably just be back together anyways.  I'd say they'll stay together as neither are super strong on their own, though Kalisto was fine for a little bit, he just got treated kinda poorly with his Ryback feud.  I feel like they are stronger and better together as tag teams, especially since the tag team division isn't the strongest right now.

Also it's being said that 6 people will be brought up from NXT.  American Alpha is a group in the recent talks, so that would make 2, I assume it has to be Balor and Bayley, which would be four...I feel like they'd do another woman, though I don't know who, Nia Jax maybe? And then they could totally do something crazy like Nakamura, though I felt them doing Balor and Nakamura last week on NXT was them getting that done with because they won't be putting Nakamura on the main shows for abit longer till they get a new batch of guys in as replacements.  Plus, Balor is totally teasing the draft right now, so it basically is gonna happen lol

I still need to watch the CWC stuff now that I got my subscription back to the network.  I heard good stuff about it.

*EDIT*

Big swerve on the RAW GM choice!

I thought they were going for a heel angle, but nope! Nope! Big nope! wow lol Mick Folely, that's totally cool XD

And Shane turned out to having the choice expected and I'm all over Bryan being back in just any capacity.  It's now become the battle of the beards, though Bryan is a lot more clean cut now lol  This could could get nuts lol

I love this bit between Cena/Enzo & Cass/The New Day vs The Club/Wyatts.  Cena is basically just playing "Old Man Cena" during it lol This tag match will likely be a complete mess, but hopefully an entertaining mess.  And it turned out to be very entertaining.  Usually anything above a 3 on 3 tends to get hard to follow, but they handled this one real well that you get plenty of great moments.  Enzo purposefully wanting Bron was great lol
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:38:50 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #439 on: July 19, 2016, 02:52:17 pm »
With all the excitement at WWE with The Draft, don't forget that we get 2 edition of TNA Impact this week.

Tonight on Impact a special edition as Destination X goes live! X-Division Champion vs. World Champion in title vs. title match between Eddie Edwards and Bobby Lashley.

Then on Thursday this week, Impact moves to Thursdays with a special extended episode as stars battle it out for the #1 Contendership to the Heavyweight Title.

« Reply #440 on: July 19, 2016, 05:42:08 pm »
With all the excitement at WWE with The Draft, don't forget that we get 2 edition of TNA Impact this week.

Tonight on Impact a special edition as Destination X goes live! X-Division Champion vs. World Champion in title vs. title match between Eddie Edwards and Bobby Lashley.

Then on Thursday this week, Impact moves to Thursdays with a special extended episode as stars battle it out for the #1 Contendership to the Heavyweight Title.

I barely keep up with NXT and I'm behind on the CWC as it is.  I never had too much interest in TNA anyways.  Like if Final Deletion was their biggest bit of hype recently, I can't seem myself getting interested in that lol

« Reply #441 on: July 19, 2016, 07:47:34 pm »
And the new era is coming up soon for WWE.  I'm kinda hoping for a few surprises, less so who is going where, but more with the NXT call ups and if they have any other special things in store.  This is kind of the opportunity to really shake things up.

*EDIT*
Things are going different than I thought.  I figured that Smackdown might be more of the "new era" guys, but Finn Balor is now on RAW.  Seems like it could be more evenly split than I thought.  It's not completely unexpected though as Balor is a hugely popular guy, so it makes for him to go to the main roster.  I feel like a surprise pick would be Nakamura to Smackdown, but I don't feel like it'll happen quite yet.

Also, this is the first time I've ever seen this, but they are keeping Smackdown running in a smaller box on the side, no sound, while they play ads in a bigger box next to it lol Smart to keep promoting your new show like this.

Is it just me or are the rosters getting overly weighted towards RAW? I know they get more choices being the longer show, but seems like they are just absorbing quite a lot of more people, like I didn't think they could get all of the New Day at once, but Shane only picks Bray Wyatt and not the rest of the Wyatt family? I mean, maybe they can pick them at some point, but Smackdown is lacking tag teams right now and they are down like 7 people in comparison.

Wow, they are breaking up the Club already.  My guess is that Gallows and Anderson will join up with Balor and make the Balor Club maybe.  American Alpha going to Smackdown is good.  Finally a tag team for them, but they are looking pretty lonely right now on the roster lol

And yup, the other choice from NXT was Nia Jax.  Seemed like a good possibility alongside Bayley.  I wonder who gets her.

Overall, some shakeups, but surprised that Bayley isn't going.  I thought her and Balor would be the big choices, but instead Jax, Angela Bliss, Carmella, and Hype Guy that I don't know are coming up, alongside Balor and American Alpha.  Guess they need to keep some big women names on the roster till they build up the female list again, since without Jax, I think Asuka and Bayley are the only top women over there right now.

They really should've voted for Nakamura instead of Mojo Rawley lol
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 11:04:30 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #442 on: July 19, 2016, 11:34:26 pm »
I think Smackdown got some of the best pics between Ambrose, AJ Styles. Orton, and Bray Wyatt.

« Reply #443 on: July 20, 2016, 03:08:56 am »
Eh, I'd disagree.  RAW gets Rollins, Balor, Zayne, KO, Cesaro, The New Day, Banks, Enzo & Cass, Anderson & Gallows, Rusev, and Lesnar.  Smackdown got Ambrose, Styles, Orton, Wyatt, and American Alpha. Garbage Tag Team division for Smackdown also.  Ascension? Breezango? Vaudevillains? Uso's are okay and American Alpha are good, but that's it.  Womens division is bad also, like there's Becky, but they have no idea how to use her and they are just gonna continue the lame feud with Natalya. Maybe Bliss and Carmella will be something, but I've not seen more than a match or two of theirs. Also I hope either Bliss and Carmella are face characters.  Like every female superstar seems to be a heel outside of Becky, who unsurprisingly, has had like every partner turn on her.  Need some Bayley and Becky tag team action going on!

I know RAW needs to be the lead, but this seems like a bad pull for Smackdown.  There's nothing saying they couldn't just hire a few more guys soon, drag up an extra NXT person or two after Battleground or Summerslam, but I don't think this looks good for Smackdown right now.  Speaking of, who gets people from NXT? Is there like a rock, paper, scissors for people Nakamura? Joe? Bayley? Asuka?

doafan

« Reply #444 on: July 20, 2016, 10:28:21 am »
I think Smackdown got some of the best pics between Ambrose, AJ Styles. Orton, and Bray Wyatt.

Hey wait a minute pal don't forget that they got Cena too (lol), but indeed Raw got more wrestlers than SmackDown...

Raw: Seth Rollins, Charlotte, Finn Bálor, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, The New Day, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, Chris Jericho, Rusev (with Lana), Kevin Owens, Enzo & Cass, Gallows and Anderson, Big Show, Nia Jax, Neville, Cesaro, Sheamus, Verdad Dorada, Titus O'Neil, Paige, Darren Young (with Bob Backlund), Sin Cara, Jack Swagger, Dudley Boyz, Summer Rae, Mark Henry, Braun Strowman, Bo Dallas, Golden Truth, Alicia Fox, Dana Brooke, Curtis Axel

SmackDown Live: Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, John Cena, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Becky Lynch, The Miz (with Maryse), Baron Corbin, American Alpha, Dolph Ziggler, Natalya, Alberto Del Río, Los Usos, Demon Kane, Kalisto, Naomi, The Ascension, Zack Ryder, Apollo Crews, Alexa Bliss, Breezango, Eva Marie, The Vaudevillains, Erick Rowan, Mojo Rawley and Carmella

... didn't liked that Owens and Sami are on the same brand, Zayn really needs to start shining by itself and this feud needs to end as soon as possible cause in my opinion this rivalry only slows down Sami's career so hope that it can end at Battleground anyway what the hell happened to Nakamura and Samoa, was expecting the full show to see their names on the list and they never came out and before I start to work because am already at the office but decided to share my opinions instead of doing my job, what will happen to Heath Slater ?

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #445 on: July 20, 2016, 12:58:49 pm »
So there wasn't like a single surprise entrant in the draft. With all the rumors swirling before the Draft, I figured we'd get at least one past star returning.

Still an exciting episode of Smackdown, but I was a little disappointed that we didn't get a surprise.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #446 on: July 20, 2016, 12:59:50 pm »
Announce teams get shaken up after The Draft:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wwes-announce-teams-major-overhaul-161500045.html

Really?! We lose The King, just when he was getting back into his heel role groove again. And instead we get freaking David Otunga?! Who was clamoring for David Otunga?!

« Reply #447 on: July 20, 2016, 03:54:48 pm »
JBL on Smackdown? Uggh, way to drag Smackdown...down...  I don't care that Lawler is gone, I've long not cared for him.  RAW is doing better with Graves there, though Saxton is still super bland.  I don't know Otunga, so I can't say anything about that.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #448 on: July 20, 2016, 03:57:37 pm »
Saxton is fine, IMO. Just a straight play-by-play guy. He's definitely better than Cole.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #449 on: July 20, 2016, 03:58:54 pm »
David Otunga was John Laurinitus's ass-kisser: