Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91107 times)

jupiter

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #480 on: August 27, 2016, 01:40:20 am »
I only watch NXT currently, with ppv from the main show's sprinkled here and there.

Most recent NXT Takeover matches were decent. Tag team match stood out. The one I was disappointed with though was the main event. It did not step up to the level I had assumed it would. I was pretty hyped for that match. Going to rewatch to confirm though.

« Reply #481 on: August 27, 2016, 02:00:59 am »
I only watch NXT currently, with ppv from the main show's sprinkled here and there.

Most recent NXT Takeover matches were decent. Tag team match stood out. The one I was disappointed with though was the main event. It did not step up to the level I had assumed it would. I was pretty hyped for that match. Going to rewatch to confirm though.

The Nakamura vs Joe match? Yeah I wouldn't say it was the best ever, but NXT events at least seem to be generally good most of the time.  It's sadly the main roster that tends to pump out a lot of poor PPV's.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:28:08 am by kamikazekeeg »

jupiter

« Reply #482 on: August 27, 2016, 04:49:27 am »

The Nakamura vs Joe match? Yeah I wouldn't say it was the best ever, but NXT events at least seem to be generally good most of the time.  It's sadly the main roster that tends to pump out a lot of poor PPV's.

Indeed. I was pumped for that match.

I lost interest with the main roster years ago, end of attitude era. I watch every now and again as indicated but it never grabs my interest much.

« Reply #483 on: August 29, 2016, 11:06:18 pm »
Well I did not expect that at all! HHH intervenes, surprising both Stephanie and Mick by putting the pedigree to Reigns and THEN Rollins, making Owens champion! KO has the belt! Normally I'm iffy on shenanigans in matches, but this was straight up shocking and now we got KO as champion.  If this was anyone else, I might be more perturbed, but I could see this turning into interesting story stuff.  I mean we already had our legit winner with Balor, so this is okay.

doafan

« Reply #484 on: August 30, 2016, 10:29:25 am »
Dunno if what happened yesterday was scripted or not but KO was kinda surprised in fact everybody in the arena was surprised as hell, the look of his eyes tells me that he wasn't expecting that result maybe am wrong or not but don't have to say that totally love the results of this match, my wife in the other hand is so fucking pissed off, she was expecting to see if not Reigns at least Set as the champ, can't wait to see what happens at the next Raw show and before I leave to the office have to say that the twitter account of the champ has more activity than usual, pay special attention at Seth's comment  ???

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #485 on: September 01, 2016, 10:53:21 am »
K-O Mania has arrived.

doafan

« Reply #486 on: September 03, 2016, 01:10:29 pm »
These past days was reading and seeing a couple of videos where all of them said that the result from this past Raw was completely unknown for all the staff/wrestlers with the only exceptions of Reigns, Rollins, Vince and Triple H being this last one the one that had the idea of making Owens the new champ, why ?, because Hunter wanted to have a real reaction not only from KO, practically he wanted to have a chain of reactions from everybody I mean the ref, Step, Nick, the commentators so that way the public have a big one and hell we did have it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #487 on: September 03, 2016, 02:19:43 pm »
Dave Metlzer said that it was all pre-planned with everyone involved. They were just doing their job and being good actors.

""Owens was so convincing that there were people who believed they had swerved him on the finish, but this was not like Lesnar vs. Orton at all, and everyone involved knew what was up and were just good actors."
Dave Meltzer, WON"

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/50ljlx/kevin_owens_knew_he_was_winning_the_universal/

doafan

« Reply #488 on: September 03, 2016, 02:28:26 pm »
Don't forget The Miz vs Daniel Bryan they did an awesome job to, in fact the champ was the one that totally sold the idea that he was pissed off also am kinda sad to know that Owens already knew about the result of that match but he is a pretty good actor, totally sold me the idea with his expressions, what the fuck he's doing at the WWE, give this fat dude a contract for a movie and in a couple of years he will be winning some Oscars  ;D

« Reply #489 on: September 09, 2016, 12:06:42 am »
Anyone else watching Lucha Underground? Just started watching it and it's pretty entertaining.  I like that it's very "real", nothing kayfabe breaking, well produced, it's very slick with some good wrestling in it. I'm not really a "wrestling" fan, I'm not interested in indie stuff and just seeing matches, I need entertainment, production, worked into it, and this is really good with just the first few episodes.

doafan

« Reply #490 on: September 11, 2016, 02:06:26 pm »
Dunno what the hell I was doing that didn't had a chance put the list of the matches that will be part of tonight's Backlash so here it is  :o

Dean Ambrose vs. AJ Styles: Singles match for the WWE World Championship
Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch vs. Carmella vs. Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Nikki Bella: Six-pack elimination challenge for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
The Usos vs. The Hype Bros: Tag team match to qualify for the tag team tournament final
TBD vs. Heath Slater and Rhyno: Tag team tournament final for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt: Singles match
The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler: Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

« Reply #491 on: September 11, 2016, 02:29:51 pm »
Dunno what the hell I was doing that didn't had a chance put the list of the matches that will be part of tonight's Backlash so here it is  :o

Dean Ambrose vs. AJ Styles: Singles match for the WWE World Championship
Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch vs. Carmella vs. Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Nikki Bella: Six-pack elimination challenge for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
The Usos vs. The Hype Bros: Tag team match to qualify for the tag team tournament final
TBD vs. Heath Slater and Rhyno: Tag team tournament final for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt: Singles match
The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler: Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

Ambrose vs Styles should be good, Usos vs Hype Bros could be maybe something, mostly because Usos have turned heel now.  I want Orton vs Wyatt to be good and there's a good chance it will.  Miz vs Ziggler could be something too, but we'll see.  The women's match could be alright if it goes well, since multi-women matches usually feel so lackluster.

« Reply #492 on: September 11, 2016, 05:00:02 pm »
Well shit, Orton might be out of Backlash.  Apparently he's not medically cleared or something, which might've been good to get done before pushing the whole pointless Wyatt angle.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/9/11/12881490/randy-orton-injury-wwe-backlash-2016

« Reply #493 on: September 11, 2016, 08:32:20 pm »
Came in late and ending up catching a real terrible botch by Naomi and Natalya lol Though I'm glad Becky got the belt.  They've treated her like garbage for months now, so hopefully this is a big change for her.

Uso's have definitely gone heel.  No colors, don't think they had the intro, no face paint, black and white wrestling gear, different attitude.  Seems like a more proper heel turn compared to like The Dudley's when they did and all they did was just get rid of the tables and act a little mean lol

Miz vs Ziggler is actually a good match.  The problem I have with The Miz, is that because he's usually playing the chickenshit heel, the coward, it usually makes for a lame heel to get into.  Now that they are pushing the fiery "respect" me aspect since the Daniel Bryan interview, it's helped to boost him up, because he still plays that chickenshit heel, but it feels like something more now.  I actually care about what is going on, even if the Ziggler feud is kinda weak, especially with him getting another belt run so soon after losing to Ambrose.

Not even mad that The Miz won with shenanigans, because I expected it, and there's enough of story to it all that it feels engaging.  I can hope they keep this building to something and we get a good loss to someone else worthwhile.

So that's how they make Orton not being cleared work, they kayfabe Wyatt destroying Orton earlier in the day in the background to make him forfeit.  Better than them just canceling things I guess...Oh! Turning it into no DQ match by bringing out the big red machine Kane versus Wyatt, which technically there is previous feud material to work with and no Wyatt family to step in! I'm all for this switch, I haven't seen Kane legit fight in a while.  Nice bit of Randy at the end to make it work well enough.

*EDIT*
Just realized something, but they started using Hulk Hogan soundbytes and images with their recent network commercials again.  I guess after all the insane success he had against Gawker and with enough time passed, they might look at bringing him back, if Hogan even wants to since he's like a gajillionaire now lol

I'm cool with Slater and Rhyno winning the tag belts if American Alpha can't get them lol The free agent shenanigans was entertaining and they made this whole thing work and made me like Slater abit more after the whole Social Outcast thing.

And a pretty solid match of Ambrose vs Styles.  Now Styles really is the "Face that runs the place".
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:44:03 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #494 on: September 13, 2016, 06:18:58 pm »
HA! I love it!