Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91132 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #495 on: September 13, 2016, 06:21:56 pm »
HA! I love it!

Now that's a cash-in I could get behind lol

jupiter

« Reply #496 on: September 20, 2016, 09:13:23 am »
^ Bwahahaha

Excellent.

« Reply #497 on: September 25, 2016, 08:28:29 pm »
TJ Perkins, the CWC champion has an amazing intro theme.  Retro chiptune style, very Mega Man'ish along with a retro game intro video.  One of the better intros I've seen in awhile.  Very unique.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:32:57 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #498 on: September 26, 2016, 01:52:48 pm »
I almost miss Clash of Champions and not only because these past days have been in a damn rush almost all time also because Backlash wasn't the show that I was expecting anyway started to watch yesterdays show at the beginning of the match between Sami Sayn and Chris Jericho guess that started at the right time wasn't expecting the result of this one but am ok with this, about the match between Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley have to say that am not surprised that Rick's daughter retained the belt but still need to watch it again cause started to rain when it was almost in the middle of it and for a couple of minutes the internet went down, it seems that we got a new US Champion I took this match as my bathroom time, no am not kidding I did took a shower and when came back to the room my wife wasn't mad about the result so immediately assumed that Roman is the new champ oh but she did get mad as hell when KO defeated with the little help of his best friend in the entire world Y2J, this morning she was still pissed off about the result, about me what can I say, totally love it.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #499 on: September 30, 2016, 01:50:31 pm »

So today is the day. The future of wrestling changes forever, one way or the other today. TNA is up for sale, and today is the do or die day, a decision has to be made. WWE and Billy Corgan (President of TNA) are two of the bidders. There is also two mystery bidders (one being rumored to be Jeff Jarrett, who is rumored to want to rebrand it as GFW). Obviously, WWE just wants the tape libary.

So if WWE buys it, TNA is done. If Corgan buys it, he will have full reign to run TNA, but in an entirely different direction. Who knows what the mystery buyers will do, but if one is Jarrett, then TNA becomes GFW.

I am eagerly awaiting today's news...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #500 on: September 30, 2016, 01:51:01 pm »
With the possible sale and end of TNA Wrestling happening today, I thought it would be fitting to share some of our favorite matches, wrestlers, and memories of TNA Wrestling. What are some of yours?

I LOVED TNA from about 2006-2011. I honestly thought they put on a better show than WWE during those years. This was after The Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression Eras had ended in WWE and the PG-Era was starting to go full-swing, and I never was a fan of the PG-Era.

During that time, TNA had a HELLUVA tag-team division, women's division, and their oh-so-awesome X-Division. All of those divisions were exciting, fast-paced, and the talent was hungry.

Guys like The Motorcity Machineguns, Beer Money, Big Hernandez, Austin Aries, Christopher Daniels, A.J. Styles, Bobby Roode (so underrated), Jay Lethal, and Eric Young were tearing it up! And then you also had legends like Booker T, Scott Steiner, Sting, Kevn Nash, and Kurt Angle. They REALLY had a great all-around roster during those years.

I'd say my favorite matches were probably the 5-match series between Beer Money and The Motorcity Machineguns. Some of the best tag-team matches I have EVER seen (except for maybe the legendary, early TLC matches in WWE).

My favorite moment was without a doubt when Jay Lethal came out and out-Flaired Ric Flair. That was gut-bustingly funny watching Flair freak out about it, while Jay Lethal continued to be Flair.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:52:41 pm by burningdoom »

doafan

« Reply #501 on: September 30, 2016, 08:52:01 pm »
So if WWE buys it, TNA is done. If Corgan buys it, he will have full reign to run TNA, but in an entirely different direction. Who knows what the mystery buyers will do, but if one is Jarrett, then TNA becomes GFW.

It is today ?, damn just hope that the WWE don't purchase the company or it will suffer the same destiny as the ECW and the WCW  :'(

« Reply #502 on: September 30, 2016, 10:32:10 pm »
Never watched TNA, so I have no real feelings towards what happens to it.  WWE gobbling up more brands isn't exactly the best, though a bought out TNA could see some talent from there could go WWE's way, even if some of it was already people who quit or were let go from WWE to begin with at some point.

doafan

« Reply #503 on: September 30, 2016, 10:59:22 pm »
I used to watch TNA and still have a lot of matches in some DVD that's where I knew about the existence of AJ Styles, guess that I started to watch their shows because of Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy it's kinda rare that know that Matt is there too I don't like the show any more  :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #504 on: October 01, 2016, 01:36:58 pm »
http://nypost.com/2016/10/01/tna-to-go-ahead-with-biggest-show-of-the-year-as-sale-talks-continue/

So at least Bound For Glory is still on. Good for the TNA fans, that would suck for them to lose the biggest show of the year that has already been advertised. Sales talks are still continuing.

doafan

« Reply #505 on: October 02, 2016, 10:07:48 am »
Was reading yesterday that old good Vince give some money to the company so that way they can continue with the show is this true ? also saw and dunno if it's true that this bastard only want the rights of the videos from this company because he can have the origins of some of his currently superstars aka AJ Styles, Sting also the material of Kurt Angle, Dudley Boys, Christian and more, what do you know about this ?  :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #506 on: October 02, 2016, 01:22:07 pm »
Was reading yesterday that old good Vince give some money to the company so that way they can continue with the show is this true ? also saw and dunno if it's true that this bastard only want the rights of the videos from this company because he can have the origins of some of his currently superstars aka AJ Styles, Sting also the material of Kurt Angle, Dudley Boys, Christian and more, what do you know about this ?  :-\

I seriously doubt it was McMahon that funded Bound For Glory, because the subsequent TV tapings for Impact were also funded. If McMahon only wants their tape library, it would make little sense to keep Impact going, that's just money down the drain.

doafan

« Reply #507 on: October 02, 2016, 02:26:50 pm »
Saw a video a couple of minutes ago that TNA will be running at least until December but the future of the company for the next year is still unknown about the tape library kinda makes sense to me, if he manages to get them he can sell the origins of some of his stars like something "exclusive" I say it this way cause almost everybody on earth know the origins of these wrestlers it would be cool if ROH can help the TNA dunno why they haven't formed an alliance with PWG, seeing the three companies working together with some crossovers aka Invasion but we outstanding  :o

doafan

« Reply #508 on: October 12, 2016, 12:46:45 pm »
Totally missed No Mercy and being honest I really don't care that much, am not saying that we are getting to many damn events but am unable to watch all of them, I even haven't had a chance to watch this past Raw and Smackdown only managed to watch the last match of both shows, the one between Chris Jericho and Seth Rollins was ok guess that am saying this because haven't seen the storyline behind Y2J list but the one that it took my complete attention was the one between AJ Styles and James Ellsworth where Ambrose was the special referee, can't believe that the gave this jobber the opportunity of beating the champ and that he will have a chance to get the phenomenal belt next week, everybody knows that this is a joke but this will be in the records and someway or another this is a good thing for this rookie, he even have some followers at his Twitter account  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #509 on: October 12, 2016, 01:01:09 pm »
GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG!  ;D