Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91596 times)

doafan

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #555 on: December 18, 2016, 02:13:31 pm »
I saw it talked about, but expect New Day to lose.  It's kind of WWE's modus operandi after records are set from what I read lol This is good though as New Day really do need to lose it.  I love the guys, but they've gotten abit stale and I think it's time for them to try something different to refresh themselves.  Need a fire put back into them.  It's weird how they went from a team I hate, to a team I love.

What I wonder is if they lose the belts are they still be working as a team ?, to be honest I don't see this guys working apart just like The Shield.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #556 on: December 18, 2016, 02:20:46 pm »
I saw it talked about, but expect New Day to lose.  It's kind of WWE's modus operandi after records are set from what I read lol This is good though as New Day really do need to lose it.  I love the guys, but they've gotten abit stale and I think it's time for them to try something different to refresh themselves.  Need a fire put back into them.  It's weird how they went from a team I hate, to a team I love.

What I wonder is if they lose the belts are they still be working as a team ?, to be honest I don't see this guys working apart just like The Shield.

Well they were working apart before, I could see them doing more one on one stuff now without the belts holding them back, though I don't see them splitting either.  New Day is still a prominent team tons of people love.  Without the belts, they can work on new material and ideas abit more freely I think.

« Reply #557 on: December 18, 2016, 08:26:33 pm »
Yup that is it.  New Day are done as champions.  Good fight though.  Lots of the usual New Day shenanigans that always kept them from being real "faces", but these guys are still great.  I don't expect Sheamus and Cesaro to be champions too long since they hate each other lol Could be fun for abit since you don't see teams like this all the time.

Zayn vs Strowman worked well enough.  It was never going to be much of a wrestling match with the size difference, but they made it work and I guess it had good story potential, but I don't really know where this goes from here.  Sure, Zayn is proven to be a badass with his pride intact, but he can't keep feuding with Strowman and it's not gonna really go anywhere.

Jericho vs Rollins was a pretty solid fight and about how you'd expect it to go. 

Cruserweight championship was kinda boring actually.  Lots of holds.  The most exciting thing was at the end lol Neville comes out and just stomps the top Cruserweight guys.  He's gone full heel.  Even the crowd was into it as they were just not into the match too much I think.

Sasha vs Charlotte was one long ass match, but overall it was pretty good and gets rough at the end as Sasha nose I think got busted up and she's a bloody mess.  You don't see that often in womens matches.  One hell of a way to end this feud, though I wish Sasha had won.  If anything, I'm almost fine with a Charlotte win here, because this one is legit.  All the months of Charlottes bullshit with people intervening, all of the bullshit heel shenanigans that shouldn't go for as long as they do, tonight was a legit long ass match and was a definitive win for her.

The boos were lighter on Reigns for once.  They were still there, but maybe people are starting to soften on him just a little lol Not quite the John Cena split though where you have definite cheers and definite boos lol  Match was good though and went how I expected, though with a slight twist at the end that was pretty good.  Feel like maybe they'll start leaning towards a Shield team with Roman and Seth.  They've done the reunion a few times now, they don't seem to hate each other anymore, and it could certainly work to mix things up for abit with them in the tag team circuit.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:05:27 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #558 on: December 19, 2016, 07:15:29 pm »

Big Cass vs. Rusev: Managed to watch this match and really can't believe how the hell this one ended.
The New Day vs. Cesaro & Sheamus: Finally but even when I don't have anything against the two new champions and seeing how these two are always fighting wouldn't mind if they lose the belts in a near future against Gallows and Anderson, these mothafuckas deserve to wear the belts.
Sami Zayn vs. Braun Strowman: Have to say that I changed my bathroom match for this one, did loved that Sami was able to "resist" the 10 minutes but the presence of Foley with the towel wasn't necessary, really hope that this will be the last match between these two or if maybe Strowman wanted to have a team partner I wouldn't mind if that would be Zayn.
Rich Swann vs. T.J. Perkins vs. The Brian Kendrick: Didn't saw it but will have to give it a chance at least just to know what the hell did the Elf made.
Seth Rollins vs. Chris Jericho: Seriously needs to watch tonight's Raw to wee what comes next.
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair: Holly shit it seems that all the blood was real and not like the one from Reigns, even when I saw the match and a picture through twitter still can't believe that it was real.
Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns: To be honest still have my doubts about if Jericho really helped KO with that Codebreaker, need to watch tonight's RAW.

« Reply #559 on: December 19, 2016, 07:25:32 pm »
Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns: To be honest still have my doubts about if Jericho really helped KO with that Codebreaker, need to watch tonight's RAW.

To me, I think it's very clear that the friendship is over for good and that what is on Jericho's mind is trying to get a shot at the belt.  It's been made out to be that he might only have so much longer at the company as a wrestler, so maybe one final big push for him would be to get the belt, maybe hold it for a few months before someone like Balor can get it back.

doafan

« Reply #560 on: December 19, 2016, 07:31:30 pm »
To me, I think it's very clear that the friendship is over for good and that what is on Jericho's mind is trying to get a shot at the belt.  It's been made out to be that he might only have so much longer at the company as a wrestler, so maybe one final big push for him would be to get the belt, maybe hold it for a few months before someone like Balor can get it back.

If they don't give the belt to Roman or Goldberg am happy with that but a big push for Y2J would be nice, gotta run from the office to my home cause don't want to miss the show  ;D

« Reply #561 on: December 19, 2016, 09:23:46 pm »
I'm pretty sure they won't go for Roman, just cause they know better till they can get him over, so I think they'll keep him US champ for abit longer and maybe we could do some tag team for abit.  I don't expect Goldberg as he's like Brock right now.  He does a few things here and there, but he's just a spectacle.  Like Undertaker isn't going to get a belt shot lol

*EDIT*
Turns out I might be wrong on Roman.  Because of Jericho intervention, Jericho will be in a cage for a title match between Reigns and Owens.  Their fight was good, so I'm sure this'll be fine as they try to figure out a way to deal with it so he doesn't win.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:27:57 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #562 on: December 20, 2016, 06:34:07 pm »
*EDIT*
Turns out I might be wrong on Roman.  Because of Jericho intervention, Jericho will be in a cage for a title match between Reigns and Owens.  Their fight was good, so I'm sure this'll be fine as they try to figure out a way to deal with it so he doesn't win.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 06:42:18 pm by doafan »

doafan

« Reply #563 on: December 26, 2016, 09:11:36 pm »
Yesterday was bored and was checking the WWE page when I noticed that at the Superstars section AJ Styles was not holding his belt just like everybody else, want to believe that this is only a mistake :

« Reply #564 on: December 26, 2016, 11:29:14 pm »
It's a very odd mistake to make as I was pretty sure he had his belt before when I browsed the last awhile back.  I don't think it's a screw up in that he'll be losing tomorrow and they changed it early, because I can't see them giving it to either Corbin or Ziggler in a throwaway match like this that I don't think had too much build up.  I'm going to put up to a simple picture error for now.

doafan

« Reply #565 on: December 27, 2016, 08:47:15 pm »
Mistake or not what it's for sure is that we got a new Smackdown Live Tag Team Champions thanks to Orton  ;D

« Reply #566 on: December 27, 2016, 11:42:11 pm »
Damn, I knew American Alpha were gonna get the belts eventually, but I thought Orton and Wyatts were gonna have it longer lol

doafan

« Reply #567 on: December 28, 2016, 12:16:28 pm »
Did you had a chance to watch the match ?, I haven't seen it because I was at the office but my wife did saw it and she says that Orton intentionally punched Harper  :-\

« Reply #568 on: December 28, 2016, 03:34:28 pm »
Did you had a chance to watch the match ?, I haven't seen it because I was at the office but my wife did saw it and she says that Orton intentionally punched Harper  :-\

Ah, no, I haven't been watching the TV shows at all.  Watched the shortened match on WWE youtube and yeah, Orton smacked Harper in the face.  It was hard to tell if it was intentional or a botch in that Gable was supposed to make Orton accidentally hit him, because he plays it off as that he was hit and then hit Harper, but not sure.  Could just be something that Orton did on purpose. 

doafan

« Reply #569 on: January 03, 2017, 05:26:30 pm »
Watched the shortened match on WWE youtube and yeah, Orton smacked Harper in the face.  It was hard to tell if it was intentional or a botch in that Gable was supposed to make Orton accidentally hit him, because he plays it off as that he was hit and then hit Harper, but not sure.  Could just be something that Orton did on purpose.

Want to believe that he punched Harper on purpose just hope that we can have more of this at tonight's SmackDown about yesterday's Raw almost missed the show, started to watch it when Titus wanted to be part of The New Day so was able to watch the match between Y2J vs. Boooman Reigns, Bayley vs. Nia Jax and of course the mess that it happened at The KO Show, Jericho announced that he will be part of the 30 man at the Royal Rumble, Goldberg was the first guest at this show and he did a mess, Roman, Paul Heyman and Strowman were there too but you need to watch if for yourself  ;D