Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91785 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #660 on: April 27, 2017, 06:02:24 pm »
With Payback coming, I'm so worried they are gonna screw up Strowman.  The booking for him has been amazing and his match with Kalisto on Monday was great (Kalisto is looking good right now too with his new look and theme and did an impressive job fighting a much bigger guy. That he won was done in such a great way). 

I'm sure the gimmick of the match is that Roman will still be hurt and he'll do some big spots, but he can't win.  It would kill Strowman I think and it won't benefit Roman anymore than it did retiring Taker.  I know it's bad to have the guy who beat Taker getting stomped, but Strowman is very much the new Undertaker or new Lesnar.  A massive guy who is destructive as all hell.  They have a big, winning, heel with Strowman and his push has been the best I've seen lately.  Like off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that has been better.  Rollins to some degree in terms of the cowardly corporate heel and eventual face turn against HHH, but that had some stumbling steps.

Otherwise, I'm hoping Wyatt vs Orton is good, it sounds like it's an off-site match that'll merge into the ring, but it could be terrible if done wrong.  It sucks that Wyatt is used so poorly.  I also hope with him in Raw that he doesn't get Strowman back.  Strowman destroying Wyatt would be perfect with his new monster persona.

Rollins vs Joe has potential as both are good.

Owens vs Jericho should be good of course.

Hardyz vs Sheamus & Cesaro could be alright, both are doing good now.

Bayley vs Bliss might be okay.  I'm alright with Bayley, but still not seeing what everyone is seeing in Bliss.  Like I understand she's better on the mic than most, but not quite seeing the wrestling stuff in her favor, but to be fair, I haven't watched a lot of her wrestling yet.

And Enzo/Cass vs Gallows/Anderson is just gonna be their usual thing.  I still like Enzo/Cass, great personalities, but Gallows/Anderson are kinda boring heels.  Especially with Gallows calling other people "nerds" and such.  It's stupid.  Big Cass, the huge New Yorker and the flamboyant firecracker from Jersey are "nerds"? Its a lame insult that doesn't even work for this PG era.

doafan

« Reply #661 on: April 28, 2017, 02:58:27 pm »
Kinda rare that you didn't mentioned the Miz TV Show at the Kickshow, Finn Balor will be the special guest this time, I rather prefer to see this one instead of the match between Cass and Enzo vs. Anderson and Gallows about the other matches only have to say that I do almost share your opinion with all of them with just a small change, the fight between Owens and Y2J will be Awesome, I mean they have everything to steal the show, so I do expect a big match, really hope that they don't disappoint me  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #662 on: April 28, 2017, 04:44:26 pm »
I just didn't mention it cause its not a match lol I mean, they'll probably fight for some reason, they gotta, otherwise it'll be a dead spot for the kickoff.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #663 on: April 28, 2017, 08:10:49 pm »
So Miz wants to play Booster Gold in the CW DC Universe (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow).

I can see it. The cocky attitude, that no one takes seriously. That's just like Booster Gold. And we know he can handle the action side of the role.

My only worry: I have no idea if he can actually act or not.

« Reply #664 on: April 28, 2017, 08:36:46 pm »
So Miz wants to play Booster Gold in the CW DC Universe (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow).

I can see it. The cocky attitude, that no one takes seriously. That's just like Booster Gold. And we know he can handle the action side of the role.

My only worry: I have no idea if he can actually act or not.

I think I've heard he's just alright, I never watched anything he's been in though, but I could see him doing a Booster Gold.

*EDIT*
Geez, what a terrible name for a PPV..."Great Balls of Fire".  Nothing like connecting with your under 50 audience with a song reference they probably won't know or care about and that the PPV won't actually involve any fire.  As seen in this article, the one guy that does do stuff with fire, Kane, is basically done wrestling, at least for the moment, so they don't even have that lol

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/4/28/15472534/wwe-raw-july-ppv-great-balls-of-fire-brock-lesnar-first-universal-title-defense-dallas
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:47:38 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #665 on: April 30, 2017, 09:09:33 pm »
Enzo/Cass vs Gallows/Anderson was what you'd expect, which is fine.

Jericho vs KO was of course good, again what you'd expect out of both of them too.  I love that they made the finger a part of the match from their last one.  That's quality story telling.

Hardys vs Sheamus/Cesaro was another good match and I think we are about to see Broken Matt.  Also didn't expect the heel turn here.  Good stuff though.

God, Strowman backstage promo...Please don't lose Strowman.  I also don't think there is a good way for a sneaky win here either like with Kalisto.  Strowman needs to keep Roman stomped.  They can make it close, but Strowman as this real monster is such an incredible push that everyone is behind.

I missed the start, but Bliss vs Bayley was actually fairly good with the latter half.  There are times when the women wrestlers just aren't selling their moves right and its what leads to a complete disinterest in the matches.  They were looking good here though and I'm seeing why people like the little firecracker Bliss more.

Man, more than a few people were not having that pre-recorded House of Horror setup lol As a streaming viewer, I was fine with it, it's silly, but it was alright.  Should've had more going on though.  Feels like they didn't really do enough with the setup.  Should've been just throwing Randy and Bray through all the walls.  Oh well, match could be okay.  Hoping Bray wins as it would be a nice boost for him.  He keeps getting all this big story moments, but then they just make him lose, killing any idea of him being a threat.  He's gotta be more of a threat now being that he'll be solo on Raw.

It'll be nice when we get past the knee angle on Rollins lol Everything about it makes sense as a story angle, but I'm just tired of it at this point lol

Eh, weak ending for this.  Sure, a win for Wyatt, but this whole thing was just to build for Jinder and Orton on Smackdown and doesn't make Wyatt seem threatening as he moves to Raw.

And the match for Strowman and Reigns went well...Reigns looks tough and Strowman is still a beast.

Overall, a good show, the only poor one being Orton vs Wyatt just being nothing important.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:48:08 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #666 on: May 02, 2017, 03:19:05 am »
Hearing what Wyatt ended up doing last night on Raw...Is Bray Wyatt like one of the worst pushed wrestlers in years? Like Reigns is bad, because he's being pushed as the next big thing, but people don't want him.  Wyatt is mostly over still, he gets all these vignettes and promos and he's good at them, his entrance is great, but it's for naught.

Bray, he gets all these big pushes, he gets Wrestlemania spots, he gets these seemingly big stories that no one else gets, but he always seems to lose.  I've only be back to watching wrestling the past two years, but since then, he fought Undertaker and lost, then got a small bit with Undertaker and Kane that went nowhere.  He brought Braun Strowman in and that was a thing for abit, but went nowhere and then he was split up with the draft.  He had this dumb thing with Orton for awhile, he wins the belt, which was awesome, but then loses it to Randy.  Then he gets his big gimmick battle, which gets worse the more I think about it, and the worse thing of the PPV, and wins only by interference.  Now he's randomly attacking Finn Balor and he'll clearly only just be a filler fight between them till Balor can maybe get a match with Lesnar for the belt.  I guarantee that the only reason Wyatt is doing this, is because they can do something with the demon thing Balor has.

If anything, Wyatt still somehow manages to stay in the upper echelon of matches, like he's top mid-card and main event, so I can't feel too bad for him, he's doing well in terms of placement, but come on...You can't keep building him up as this dangerous, threatening, scary, person, if he keeps losing most of the time! 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #667 on: May 02, 2017, 12:45:27 pm »
Meh, Wyatt is overrated. Way too gimmicky. Anyone could've been Bray Wyatt's character.

« Reply #668 on: May 02, 2017, 01:33:54 pm »
Meh, Wyatt is overrated. Way too gimmicky. Anyone could've been Bray Wyatt's character.

That's what makes the character fun, because there's not much gimmicky stuff anymore in WWE.  It makes him standout from others, even when he's just an alright wrestler.  Like how Ambrose really only works as well as he does, because he is great on the mic, with his quick humor and attitude, despite being just an average wrestler.

A cult leader type of guy certainly isn't hard for anyone to do, but Wyatt makes it work better than most could as seen in his promos.  People in wrestling doing actual characters and doing them really well, isn't very common these days.

doafan

« Reply #669 on: May 02, 2017, 01:45:37 pm »
Hearing what Wyatt ended up doing last night on Raw...Is Bray Wyatt like one of the worst pushed wrestlers in years? Like Reigns is bad, because he's being pushed as the next big thing, but people don't want him.  Wyatt is mostly over still, he gets all these vignettes and promos and he's good at them, his entrance is great, but it's for naught.

Really want to believe that's because he is not the kind of wrestler that Vince wants to represent the company, he is not slim neither a person with tons of muscles in few words he is not Reigns, sorry but it's the damn reality, it's a fucking shame that the Eater of Worlds is not taking the Undertaker place cause he really deserve it and got everything to make it work.

« Reply #670 on: May 02, 2017, 01:54:34 pm »

Really want to believe that's because he is not the kind of wrestler that Vince wants to represent the company, he is not slim neither a person with tons of muscles in few words he is not Reigns, sorry but it's the damn reality, it's a fucking shame that the Eater of Worlds is not taking the Undertaker place cause he really deserve it and got everything to make it work.

I'm not expecting him to be top of the company or anything, he doesn't need to represent the company, I just want his storylines to work and not constantly have him thrown under the bus.  The only slightly good thing that happened to him was winning the belt, but that was barely two months and didn't have anything to do with his storyline.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #671 on: May 02, 2017, 02:01:57 pm »
I like a good character that is actually an exaggerated version of themselves. Your Rocks and Austins. Nowadays you have guys like Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose, and Austin Aries filling those rolls. And they do it well.

But yeah, I agree, there does need to be more characters in modern wrestling, nonetheless. And for that matter, I miss managers. A LOT of guys nowadays would do a lot better with a mouthpiece. And the managers were often some of the best characters in wrestling (Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Scary Sherri, Mr. Fuji, etc.).

doafan

« Reply #672 on: May 02, 2017, 02:03:28 pm »
I'm not expecting him to be top of the company or anything, he doesn't need to represent the company, I just want his storylines to work and not constantly have him thrown under the bus.  The only slightly good thing that happened to him was winning the belt, but that was barely two months and didn't have anything to do with his storyline.

Maybe not a the top of the company but my point is that those chimps writers doesn't know what to do with him  >:(

« Reply #673 on: May 02, 2017, 02:56:18 pm »

Maybe not a the top of the company but my point is that those chimps writers doesn't know what to do with him  >:(

It's like they know what to do to a point, but then when it comes to what would be the end, they screw it up.  Though the writers were bad with the House of Horrors match. 

"We got this creepy ass house that we can go wild with and record it however we want, what do we do?"

"How about they bump around and just punch each other a bunch?"

"GENIUS!"

They should've been chucking each other through walls, against windows, smashing each other with furniture, going balls to the wall, and then they could come back to the arena.  Such a waste.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #674 on: May 09, 2017, 03:03:08 pm »
Man, WWE just loves to tease us fans, don't they?

First they sign Jim Ross back, but then tell us there are no plans for him to announce on a regular basis.

Now we find out J.R. will be the play-by-play guy for a weekly wrestling program in WWE...that only airs in the U.K.

COME ON!

Why not send Cole over the pond, instead?

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/jim-ross-and-nigel-mcguinness-call-wwe-uk-tv-show-235136