Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91103 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 01:50:50 pm »
I know he's old and as a result he's not gonna be giving us any in-ring performances. But damn, it's still the freaking Hulkster! And now The Undertaker, too! Plus it's now the first week in the WrestleMania PPV period, so things should really ramp up tonight.

Is anyone else as excited for Raw this week as I am?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 09:07:11 pm »
So, what does everyone think of the WWE Network? Launched today, 7-Day Free Trial.

I was hoping for entire seasons of Raw, Smackdown, Nitro, and Thunder to watch. Not at all. While the PPVs selection is SUPERB, I want to see everything leading up to those PPVs, as well, as the storylines were intended to be seen.

There are HUGE holes in the Raw selection. And absolutely zero Nitro and Thunders.

For now, I'm content to continue growing my wrestling DVD collection.

When they add the seasons I want, then I'll give them my 6 month commitment, because then I'll be able to watch something not available elsewhere and it'll be worth my $60. Until then, I'll watch some old PPVs for the next 6 days.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:08:47 pm by burningdoom »

jcalder8

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 07:18:13 pm »
So, what does everyone think of the WWE Network? Launched today, 7-Day Free Trial.

I was hoping for entire seasons of Raw, Smackdown, Nitro, and Thunder to watch. Not at all. While the PPVs selection is SUPERB, I want to see everything leading up to those PPVs, as well, as the storylines were intended to be seen.

There are HUGE holes in the Raw selection. And absolutely zero Nitro and Thunders.

For now, I'm content to continue growing my wrestling DVD collection.

When they add the seasons I want, then I'll give them my 6 month commitment, because then I'll be able to watch something not available elsewhere and it'll be worth my $60. Until then, I'll watch some old PPVs for the next 6 days.
I bought it day 1. I didn't even do the free trail. The amount of PPV content is worth $10 a month and the fact that I won't have to pay $60 for Wrestlemania makes it more than worth it.

I hope over the course of the year they continue bring out content. As you said there are next to no Raw's and zero Nitro and Thunder.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 03:16:45 am »
The spirits are speaking to me and telling this great steed of a warrior to not linger with the dead! Oh no! For I must strike like lightning, and proceed with caution! For who knows what snares and traps lie ahead as I use my great warrior strength to prevail in epic victory. For today is that day. The day long foretold in times past by the great warrior ancestors. They told ME! I was the chosen one! And before my very being it was revealed when and where I shall take hold of this great prize that lies in the darkness before my battle-hardened eyes! NOW IS THE TIME!

Translation:
The new WWE Ultimate Warrior DVD is out! I've got to get this one!

Ultimate Warrior was my first favorite wrestler as a child.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:20:39 am by burningdoom »

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 03:39:47 am »
I use to totally like wrestling back when I was a kid in the 90's, I still remember going to a video store that closed down probably in the late 90's that had tapes for wrestling that I'd go rent.  Some of my favorites were...

and of course, Paul Bearer and The Undertaker.

RIP Savage and Paul.

I watched some wrestling through like the NWO era and stuff like that, but I think I kinda stopped watching it around the start of the 2000's when I lost interest.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2014, 11:22:19 am »
The spirits are speaking to me and telling this great steed of a warrior to not linger with the dead! Oh no! For I must strike like lightning, and proceed with caution! For who knows what snares and traps lie ahead as I use my great warrior strength to prevail in epic victory. For today is that day. The day long foretold in times past by the great warrior ancestors. They told ME! I was the chosen one! And before my very being it was revealed when and where I shall take hold of this great prize that lies in the darkness before my battle-hardened eyes! NOW IS THE TIME!

Translation:
The new WWE Ultimate Warrior DVD is out! I've got to get this

Ultimate Warrior was my first favorite wrestler as a child.

The Warrior did the best promos. When I say best, I mean hilariously awful. They made no sense, but they were awesome. YouTube is a gold mine for them.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 12:12:37 am »
The Ultimate Warrior passes away at 54

Just watched him, like minutes ago on my DVR on the Hall of Fame Ceremony. Crazy.

He was the first pro-wrestler I was fan of as a kid.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

foxhack

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 12:16:52 am »
What the flying everloving fuck...

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 12:42:41 am »
Was just about to come post this, so sad to see another one go and only in his 50's.  He was crazy, but man he made for good TV.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2014, 09:55:28 am »
Was just about to come post this, so sad to see another one go and only in his 50's.  He was crazy, but man he made for good TV.

The dude was like a living, breathing superhero when I was a kid.  I hate to see him pass at such a young age. 

Go watch his spot on RAW this past Monday.  He looked like something was wrong then. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 08:30:49 pm »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Sting has officially signed a contract with WWE.

It's showtime folks!

http://fansided.com/2014/04/10/sting-signs-wwe-deal-wrestlemania-31-rumor/#!DxIUN

Holy crap! Maybe we will see Undertaker vs. Sting! Totally marking out right now!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2014, 11:39:54 pm »
They can have a match and them go back to the old folks home and share some pudding. It's about 15 years too late for me to give 2 shits about The Stinger.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2014, 11:44:39 pm »
They can have a match and them go back to the old folks home and share some pudding. It's about 15 years too late for me to give 2 shits about The Stinger.

But unlike Hogan or Flair, Sting can actually still wrestle. He's just wasted that talent in TNA.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2014, 10:28:05 pm »
Jeff Jarrett and Shane Douglas both announced they are starting separate wrestling organizations to compete against WWE and TNA.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jeff-jarrett-announces-his-new-global-force-wrestling-promotion

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »
The Ultimate Warrior passes away at 54

Just watched him, like minutes ago on my DVR on the Hall of Fame Ceremony. Crazy.

He was the first pro-wrestler I was fan of as a kid.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

It's a Warrior Tribute Show tonight on Raw.