Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91098 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 07:52:04 pm »

Word is that the Nature Boy will be returning to Raw and Evolution this Monday (I'm sure it's not in-ring).

"Woooo!!!"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2014, 11:57:13 pm »
^^^^^
I'm just like Space Mountain.  It may not be the newest ride in the park, but it's still got the longest line!  Woooo!

That is my all time favorite wrestling quote. Hell, it may just be my favorite quote period.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2014, 01:50:15 pm »
^^^^^
I'm just like Space Mountain.  It may not be the newest ride in the park, but it's still got the longest line!  Woooo!

That is my all time favorite wrestling quote. Hell, it may just be my favorite quote period.

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2014, 11:50:26 am »
Marc Mero was the best wrestler of all time. Golden Glove winner too. When he rolled Sable (at the peak of her Playboy popularity) into a small package and pinned her in the retirement match at one of the PPVs, then came out the following night on Raw to massive boos and proceeded to tell the entire arena to fuck themselves...he became legend in my eyes. And his theme music was wicked. Some favourite moments: Ricky the Dragon/Macho Man. When Butterbean knocked out Bart Gunn. I'm pretty sure Gunn still needs a feeding tube.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2014, 12:06:11 pm »
^ You've got to be the first person I've ever heard praising Marc Mero.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2014, 12:07:03 pm »
"It's time to play The Game!"

My wrestling game collection. (I know, many are missing cases, I've always been a player before being a collector, so as long as it's a perfectly playable, store-bought copy, I'm happy.)

The one next to War Zone that hard to see is WCW Nitro on PS1, and the one that's hard to see below TNA Impact is WWF WrestleMania the Arcade Game on Saturn. The SNES game above TNA Impact that's hard to see is WWF Raw.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:12:04 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2014, 12:22:43 pm »
So my wife was watching E! News the other night, and according to them, WWE is soon to see huge, sweeping changes to the roster. Apparantly from what my wife told me (she watches Total Divas which is why she's interested) that a large portion of the roster will be going bye-bye, including some of the Total Divas stars.

Sounds like Vince's losses a week or two back hit him harder than reports were initially saying. Makes sense, considering.

In happier wrestling news:

WWE is having an open casting call for Sting look-a-likes. Which means that contract signing he did a month or so back, is coming to fruition! We will see Sting debut soon! Rumors are pointing to as early as next week's Raw, even.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2014, 04:01:32 pm »
WWE's housecleaning I mentioned above has begun. Some recent reported releases:

-Teddy Long
-Brodus Clay
-Camacho
-Evan Bourne
-Yoshi Tatsu
-Drew Macintyre (which means no more 3MB)
-Curt Hawkins
-Jindar Mahal
-JTG
-Aksana

And more keep coming.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2014, 03:36:13 pm »
The Top 10 WWE Wrestlers That Would Win a Real Fight:

http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-wwe-wrestlers-win-real-fight.php

Agree with these?

Can't argue with the #1 pick, that's the last guy I'd want pissed at me. I think we could add The Big Show to that list, too. Just getting slapped by that big of a hand would probably put you out for a day or two.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:21:48 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2014, 09:36:47 pm »
The Top 10 WWE Wrestlers That Would Win a Real Fight:

http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-wwe-wrestlers-win-real-fight.php

Agree with these?

Can't argue with the #1 pick, that's the last guy I'd want pissed at me. I think we could add The Big Show to that list, too. Just getting slapped by that big of a hand would probably put you out for a day or two.
Is Batista on the list? Kurt Angle? The Undertaker? What about CM Punk?  Those guys all have quite a bit of Jiu Jitsu and MMA training.  Athletic guys with a solid amount of real fight training is a scary thing.

In unrelated news:
There's an Ultimate Warrior thing on Netflix. It is amazing.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:40:38 pm by turf »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2014, 02:20:04 pm »

Can you believe that?! 1 away from the record. It makes me sick.

spac316

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2014, 05:49:50 pm »
For those complaining about Cena winning the title at MitB, relax. I'm sure they just want to put over Seth Rollins or something. I look forward to how this angle will turn out in the next month or so.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2014, 07:46:59 pm »
For those complaining about Cena winning the title at MitB, relax. I'm sure they just want to put over Seth Rollins or something. I look forward to how this angle will turn out in the next month or so.

Never. Cena hater for life. The business started taking a nose-dive and has continually gone downhill since he "put the company on his shoulders", as he put it.

It's sad when 2.0 ratings gets WWE excited. Before Cena's "reign" WWE was regularly pulling in 6.0 and 7.0s! That speaks volumes. Hell, the crowd speaks enough regardless of ratings. When half the crowd is chanting "Cena sucks!" on a nightly basis, you might want to make somebody else your company man. Sure, not EVERYONE liked Goldberg or Austin, but it sure as hell wasn't even close to half the crowd that disliked them. I don't what Vince's obsession is with Cena.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 07:50:40 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2014, 12:11:44 pm »
Free preview of the WWE Network until the 14th!

Also, Bret "The Hitman" Hart is supposed to be on Raw next week.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:15:16 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 04:59:58 pm »
Just reminding everyone that today is that date Sting Tweeted.

I wouldn't miss Raw if you're a Sting or WCW fan, tonight.