Author Topic: Want to feel like a really, really small collector?  (Read 8308 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Want to feel like a really, really small collector?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 10:40:07 pm »
That dude could be 25 or so. My little brother doesn't look any older than that and he's 25.  If I wouldn't have gotten married when I was 24 I could have spent that much. Single, college grads can save (or spend) loads of cash.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:42:11 pm by turf »

scott

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 10:42:46 pm »
I think, if I didn't have as many hobbies as I do. I could have amassed a collection (maybe not as large) like that. But, between everything I do and and the amount of money I've spent on each, I just have what I currently do. haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 10:49:53 pm »
It's funny youtube suggested those videoes to me yesterday, However if I want my collection to feel small I think I'll just stick with AlphaOmegaSin's Wall of Playstation

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:54:32 pm by scott »

scott

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:37 pm »
fix'd it for you... or I thought I did...

there. sorry about that. haha
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:54:48 pm by scott »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 11:25:00 pm »
fix'd it for you... or I thought I did...

there. sorry about that. haha

I think we both try to fix it at the same time and it spontaneously combusted on itself.

scott

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 08:32:24 am »
Haha, ya. I think that's what happened too.

darko

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 09:31:50 am »
That dude could be 25 or so. My little brother doesn't look any older than that and he's 25.  If I wouldn't have gotten married when I was 24 I could have spent that much. Single, college grads can save (or spend) loads of cash.

Totally agree. That dude could be 30 for all we know. If I spent all of my extra money on video games that wouldn't be too difficult to pull off. It would be more about time and finding the items complete than the outflow of cash. This stuff really isn't THAT expensive. He mentioned buying lots in one of the videos which drastically cuts down on the per unit cost (NES games, for example). If I actually sold everything that I ended up with that I didn't need (as opposed to giving it away - which I do a lot) I could probably pay for most of my retro collecting.

insektmute

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 11:42:41 am »
I think, if I didn't have as many hobbies as I do. I could have amassed a collection (maybe not as large) like that. But, between everything I do and and the amount of money I've spent on each, I just have what I currently do. haha

So much this. Between video games, experimental/electronic music (much of it on vinyl), comics and manga, anime, and foreign films, my budget is already stretched pretty thin. So is the square footage of my apartment :p

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 12:59:00 pm »
I wish I had my old square foot apartment to my self... Instead I have a house twice the size and the woman has taken all except the mancave...
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

scott

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 01:09:47 pm »

So much this. Between video games, experimental/electronic music (much of it on vinyl), comics and manga, anime, and foreign films, my budget is already stretched pretty thin. So is the square footage of my apartment :p

Yep. Between this, miniatures, arcade building, movies and CDs/music. It's no wonder. Not to mention I keep eyeballing fancy personal audio upgrades...

insektmute

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 01:30:29 pm »
Yep. Between this, miniatures, arcade building, movies and CDs/music. It's no wonder. Not to mention I keep eyeballing fancy personal audio upgrades...

Audio is dangerous to the wallet, hardcore. Thankfully, while I could use a better turntable, I'm pretty solid in that department. Splurged on some rather nice Focal speakers about a year ago, which were expensive as hell for me ($750 per pair), but I don't see myself upgrading any time soon :)

I could use another pair for surround, though. Hrm...

scott

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 01:44:24 pm »
Ya last year I finally splurged on good headphones (and the quality jump was super noticeable) and upgraded to a new iPod Classic 160gb. But I could eventually see myself going for some over the ear cans and portable amps, etc.. sigh.

insektmute

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 02:32:45 pm »
Ya last year I finally splurged on good headphones (and the quality jump was super noticeable) and upgraded to a new iPod Classic 160gb. But I could eventually see myself going for some over the ear cans and portable amps, etc.. sigh.

I had the same revelation when I finally got a pair of truly good headphones. Much more comfortable to listen to for long periods, and at the time I got them, that was the only way I had to listen to music on my computer.

I considered going for an amp (Head-Fi is convincing), but since mine aren't particularly high impedance and I usually only use headphones at home, I didn't see much point. Maybe if I get Sennheiser HD-600's down the line, just for a different flavor than my D2000's :p

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 04:09:01 pm »
His collection doesn't seem very big to me... :/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:10:51 pm by pceslayer »

scott

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 04:18:54 pm »
His collection doesn't seem very big to me... :/

I'm not knocking the guy's collection at all. It's pretty impressive. All I'm saying is it must be his only hobby. Since I don't think anyone w/ multiple interests could pull it off, especially if those interests all take cash to equally continue.