Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 174541 times)

90snostalga

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #480 on: January 22, 2014, 10:42:40 pm »

I like the controllers on the wall. It adds to the ambiance as well as making them super easy to access and the cords dont end up all tangled together if just put in a big box/crate/whatever.

Aint that the truth.  I have to put all mine in a plastic tub thing and I get them out specific to the system when using it.  If I had a house I would prob put mine on a wall as well.  The only ones I leave out are the Atari 2600's they stayed connected to my Atari, and My Wii Motes and the Wii Classic Controller which I keep displayed on the shelf right now.

« Reply #481 on: January 23, 2014, 10:08:57 am »
Im not a huge board game fan. None of them seem very interesting and I probably wouldnt even have them if I didnt find them at thrift stores.

I like the controllers on the wall. It adds to the ambiance as well as making them super easy to access and the cords dont end up all tangled together if just put in a big box/crate/whatever.

Heh not sure what people pictured me to be like. :) Maybe we should have a photo thread!
as i said each to their own.
currently i have an ottoman with all my cables inside. each is in a bag. so if i want to play my SNES i grab the SNES bag and i have 2 controllers and all the wires

soera

« Reply #482 on: January 23, 2014, 10:36:40 am »
Captain Soera. I like that. I actually am planning to take some pics today and get them up here. :)

Permission to come aboard, Captain?!
You may want to rethink this. There are videos of what soera does with Seamen! LOL ;D

Hillarious  ;D  Why does every one pick on the Captain Soera tho?

Clearly, because Soera-Stole-Tenille   :P

Haha saw this today and reminded me of this post : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/captain-tennille-divorce_n_4647128.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #483 on: January 23, 2014, 12:13:48 pm »
Captain Soera. I like that. I actually am planning to take some pics today and get them up here. :)

Permission to come aboard, Captain?!
You may want to rethink this. There are videos of what soera does with Seamen! LOL ;D

Hillarious  ;D  Why does every one pick on the Captain Soera tho?

Clearly, because Soera-Stole-Tenille   :P

Haha saw this today and reminded me of this post : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/captain-tennille-divorce_n_4647128.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

That IS pretty funny; how did you come across that?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #484 on: January 23, 2014, 12:22:21 pm »
Was on Facebook chatting with one of the guys I grew up with and that was one of the "trending" threads. I laughed a little when I saw it thinking of your comment. :)

90snostalga

« Reply #485 on: January 23, 2014, 03:28:59 pm »
Is all that an inside joke or something?  I don't get it

90snostalga

« Reply #486 on: January 23, 2014, 03:30:07 pm »
Im not a huge board game fan. None of them seem very interesting and I probably wouldnt even have them if I didnt find them at thrift stores.

Heh not sure what people pictured me to be like. :) Maybe we should have a photo thread!
currently i have an ottoman with all my cables inside. each is in a bag. so if i want to play my SNES i grab the SNES bag and i have 2 controllers and all the wires

The ottoman thing seems pretty cool.  I thought about that because I have a 2 person couch in my room sitting in front of my 55" for the new games.  I don't currently have anything to rest my feet on but that sounds cool.  Do you keep them all in like big Ziploc bags?

« Reply #487 on: January 23, 2014, 03:51:59 pm »

The ottoman thing seems pretty cool.  I thought about that because I have a 2 person couch in my room sitting in front of my 55" for the new games.  I don't currently have anything to rest my feet on but that sounds cool.  Do you keep them all in like big Ziploc bags?

yeah 1 gallon bags with stickers with the systems name on.
i will take a photo to show you.
under the bags are the extra controllers guitars etc

soera

« Reply #488 on: January 23, 2014, 05:42:54 pm »
My ottoman has my TV on it and all the power cords go through the back of it into the power strip. I have a different idea for my cords now though and will be working on it soon! I also have 2 more ideas in my head for projects for my game room.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #489 on: January 24, 2014, 08:10:28 pm »
Survey time! 
How long will you sit and listen to me ramble about my piles of games?  Be warned, I say "neat" and "Umm" a lot. I wasn't in "public speaking" mode when I did the first run.

Anything I should spend more time on?  What do you want to hear about?

I think I'm going to do the whole thing again since I don't know anything about editing. 
I didn't try the first time and it was 16 min.

The Boy's gone. I may get off in a couple beers and then do it.

bobster

« Reply #490 on: January 24, 2014, 10:22:09 pm »
Survey time! 
How long will you sit and listen to me ramble about my piles of games?  Be warned, I say "neat" and "Umm" a lot. I wasn't in "public speaking" mode when I did the first run.

Anything I should spend more time on?  What do you want to hear about?

I think I'm going to do the whole thing again since I don't know anything about editing. 
I didn't try the first time and it was 16 min.

The Boy's gone. I may get off in a couple beers and then do it.
Beer up and talk about everything! That's always the best route.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #491 on: January 24, 2014, 11:14:42 pm »
I may get off in a couple beers

Whatever helps you relax.

I'm with bobster though. In the immortal words of Led Zeppelin, Ramble On.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #492 on: January 24, 2014, 11:37:04 pm »
It's done. A six pack of Red Stripe and a video camera make magic. I think it was 22 min long. This is my first YouTube upload, so it may not work. I don't know what I'm doing.

Edit:  it has 150 min left to upload. I'll post it here in the morning. I promises to not watch it before I post it here. That way I can enjoy it with you.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:19:32 pm by turf »

bobster

« Reply #493 on: January 25, 2014, 12:12:07 am »
Sweet! I look forward to it! I've been drinking Duclaw sweet baby jesus all night to help you from afar lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #494 on: January 25, 2014, 11:48:31 am »
Here it is, My Last Corner of the World.  I know I say some stuff wrong in the video, so get off my back.  I also suck as a cameraman.

I know a Game Gear isn't a Genesis and that a Laser Scope isn't a Super Scope.  I just misspoke.