Author Topic: Club Nintendo  (Read 13855 times)

Club Nintendo
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:36:16 pm »
So apparently all of those Nintendo game and hardware PIN registration numbers are worth something, and apparently I never payed enough attention to figure this out.

What cool content, gifts, or awards have you received through Club Nintendo? Should I expect any cool perks/gifts? Any award recommendations? Right now I'm eyeing the exclusive Club Nintendo Game & Watch DS games and the giant AR cards for the 3DS. (I just bought a 3DS on the price drop day, and I'm extremely pleased with this purchase!)

scott

Re: Club Nintendo
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:15:41 pm »
Every year they have a special item for users that get Gold and Elite status. Gold members, usually get a calendar, while Elite members usually get something way cooler (Mario Hat, Figurines, etc).

Recently they re-released the Game & Watch game Ball as a redeemable reward.

I've gotten some poster sets and a really nice bag I have the  Flame Red 3DS on pre-order through Amazon so I'll prolly get the Giant AR card soonish as well as the Donkey Kong Anniversary posters. I really want the  Game & Watch DS games too though... ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:34:50 pm »
You can get some really awesome stuff! Here's what I've gotten thus far, and I'm totally addicted to the stuff. Just to clarify, I'm a Nintendo fanboy :)

Snapbucket
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 02:36:51 pm »
The calendars are pretty nice... reversible with large calendar on one side with a little art, while the other side focuses on the art with a little calendar strip at the bottom of the image.  I'm looking forward to getting mine at the end of the year.  I got the messenger bag a few months ago and am enjoying it.  If anything, it didn't come with washing instructions, so I'm not exactly sure how to clean it.

If you have a lot of games, I'd say be careful with how many you register!  I only try to register up to getting gold status and no more (save it for the following year!).  I've never had enough to get platinum, but it's a tricky gamble since they don't initially tell you what the reward will be.  And once they do, you only get the option of getting the platinum reward OR the gold reward - not both.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 02:43:54 pm »
I would have loved to get my hands on that Mario & Co. statuette that they gave away the year before last. This year I am getting another Calendar.

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 02:51:48 pm »
I would have loved to get my hands on that Mario & Co. statuette that they gave away the year before last. This year I am getting another Calendar.

I know, that's the one year I didn't qualify for Platinum Status, and the sucky thing is...I had plenty of codes. I just went through a period where I wasn't visiting the Nintendo site much and totally botched it. That statue is awesome. I've got the button set coming this year, and a collector friend has offered to sell me his calender since he only hit Gold.

I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 03:26:43 pm »
It's totally lame that they don't throw in the calendar along with the Platinum award.

Also, @abuccilli, after registering a game, you will usually get the chance to do a follow-up survey about the item.  It can be a little tedious, but it's an easy way to grab a few more points to get a reward you really want.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:30:18 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Club-Nintendo-Platinum-Reward-Mario-Statue-/130561800412?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6616f8dc
Better than the other listing going for $150...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

tpugmire

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 04:19:07 pm »
I got the statue last year.  I was trying to be good this time and not spend so much money.  I qualified for the calendar this year.  I'm still trying to get enough coins for the Game & Watch Collection 1, since I have the second one.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 04:37:10 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Club-Nintendo-Platinum-Reward-Mario-Statue-/130561800412?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6616f8dc
Better than the other listing going for $150...

@desocietas I love and hate you at the same time. haha

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 06:24:36 pm »
@desocietas I love and hate you at the same time. haha

Can't beat the free shipping! :D
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 11:42:08 pm »
Thanks everybody for the info! Feel free to keep posting any pics of the prizes/rewards.

@brettybluevein I like your mario hat game holder. Did they stop offering it as a reward, or did you acquire it elsewhere?

I'll keep the tips in mind, but hopefully I didn't screw myself over yesterday by registering everything I had. Even though my Wii and DS Lite didn't give me any coins, I still made it up to 1,000 coins! (My Wii games since the console's launch provided most of these coins because 75% of them are Nintendo. Of course, the 3DS helped a lot too!)

I think I'm going to be fine though because I'll likely get the Game & Watch DS game (800 Coins) and the giant AR card (200 Coins). Are there any preferences over the Game & Watch Collection 1 or 2?

Last, check out this video for some GIANT AR card fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1RPEsM7uzM&feature=related
Maybe we should top them?!

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 01:33:07 am »
@abuccilli Yeah, I got it from Club Nintendo and now that reward isn't offered anymore, I'm really glad I got it when I did. It holds 8 DS games or 10 3DS games.

I can't give any advice on which DS game to grab because I left both of mine sealed for collectibility.

scott

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 08:57:56 am »

Last, check out this video for some GIANT AR card fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1RPEsM7uzM&feature=related
Maybe we should top them?!

Wow. Those crazy Japanese nerds, they always amaze me. hahaha

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 06:57:38 pm »
A PDF file for making your own AR card: http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/ar-cards
Looks like the one you can get from Club Nintendo is folded... Kinda kills it a bit for me.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas