Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 16443 times)

davifus

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2015, 05:58:00 pm »
Born from Seoul

Live in Georgia
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2015, 11:05:21 am »
I'm a Colorado native and still live here despite a huge boom in the price of housing and overcrowding in recent years (damn marijuana laws. . .).

The video game/collecting scene has always been good here, especially compared to places on the east coast which I here is mostly terrible. We have a ton of retro game store, pawn shops, thrifts (most suck though), but sadly only one flea market that is 90% resellers. Regardless I do pretty well in finding stuff, although like everywhere else the pickings have become more slim in the past few years due to the sharp rise in collecting/reselling.

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »
Austin, Tx BTW how many people here frown or dislike Texas on here. Some people really hate us.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2015, 02:08:16 am »
Austin, Tx BTW how many people here frown or dislike Texas on here. Some people really hate us.

Wouldn't say I hate it. I wouldn't live there though. Between the weather and personal beliefs, I don't think I could live there. I do like their gun right. Since I live in California, and well, we have too many complicated and vague gun laws lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2015, 02:16:33 pm »

The only thing I hate about Texas is the Longhorns, but that's from the old SWC football days.  Woo Pig Sooie!

I've never been to Austin, but I go to Dallas a couple of times a year.  It's always a good time.

madmax

« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2015, 02:58:49 am »
Moved to Dubai a few months back. I hope to stay here for a 2-3 years and then head back to Canada, we'll see. Everyone I met here was only supposed to stay a couple of years and they stayed 10+.

The gaming scene here isn't very good. It's a newer city so there is no retro gaming. The malls sell games at $100. I found a little wholesaler outside of the city (on the edge of the desert) who sells to other stores. They also do individual sales and you can buy new games there for ~$45-50. They mostly sell PAL though which is not what I collect. I go buy my games there (That don't have DLC, as my PS4 is NTSC), the ones I want to play and not collect.

For the collection, I make orders online before I head back to Canada to visit. I'm going back soon so I am scouring Ebay for deals. They'll be waiting for me when I get back and I can enjoy opening mail, hehe.

stealthrush

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2015, 03:16:44 am »
South Florida, North America.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2015, 09:14:14 am »

Which coast?

I lived in W.Palm for about a year...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2015, 07:56:52 pm »

The only thing I hate about Texas is the Longhorns, but that's from the old SWC football days.  Woo Pig Sooie!

I've never been to Austin, but I go to Dallas a couple of times a year.  It's always a good time.
Come to Austin, it's amazing.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

stealthrush

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2015, 09:01:52 pm »

Which coast?

Miami. nice to come across a fellow collector :3

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2015, 03:41:30 am »
I live in France, in a 200k population city called Rennes since 20 years. Before moving there with my family I grew up in the mountains in the S.E. of the country.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2015, 05:12:10 am »
Terneuzen, The Netherlands [EU]

Great place to find CD-I, MasterSystem, old commodore, MSX and Spectrum games.
Unfortunately i don't collect for the last four
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2015, 09:40:12 am »

Which coast?

Miami. nice to come across a fellow collector :3

Likewise!

I Looooved South Beach & did some of my best and scariest (lotsa' barracudas :-\) snorkelling + diving up & down the keys  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:52 pm »
I'm from Michigan, in around the Ann Arbor area. I was born and raised on the East Coast in New Hampshire. Moved to Michigan in '09.

I don't know much about the collecting scene here since I don't usually have the means to go out game hunting yet.. There's a nice retro game store near where I live but I usually just browse what they have and don't buy anything.  :P