Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 83143 times)

desocietas

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2011, 02:38:34 am »
Just picked up Dokapon Kingdom (PS2)-$10 and Baten Kaitos Origins (GB)-$6 from Gamestop!  Really happy to find Baten Kaitos Origins... has all inserts *except* for the manual, though :\  Hopefully not too expensive through eBay.  But nice to not have to drop $25 for CIB.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2011, 02:09:16 pm »
I just picked up Air Zonk (trying to make it work >_<), Boogerman on genesis, Guardian Heroes Advance (probably not a suitable replacement to the 360 version, but whatever :P) and... the Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon DVDs! .... Have no idea if it's any good, but whatever.

« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2011, 12:11:24 am »
Had a couple games come in today, excited to play them!

Photobucket

desocietas

« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2011, 08:54:57 pm »

Got this, but they gave me a "new" DS version of the game.  Should've been the 3DS version.  I called and they said they hadn't even opened the box that my game was in.  Gotta love Gamestop!  I'll pick up my (hopefully) sealed game tomorrow.

Oh, and @amauriel, I thought you'd want to know that this alpaca has a tag that says "3D" on it, so I suspect they made the alpaca with different tags to correspond with the different versions.  Why does Natsume have to torture the collectors?!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2011, 08:59:43 pm »
@desocietas no no, the tag means the Alpaca is in 3D. :P
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #260 on: November 01, 2011, 09:37:34 pm »
@desocietas no no, the tag means the Alpaca is in 3D. :P

My gawd, you're right.  It's like it's right in front of me.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #261 on: November 02, 2011, 12:02:47 am »
Just bought Limbo on the Deal of the Week for 360. I've played bits and pieces of it at Matt's and the demo, but never really sat down with it. It really sucks to in with all the atmosphere, for sure. I had to force myself to stop playing. XD

My gawd, you're right.  It's like it's right in front of me.

@desocietas It's like you could just reach out and pet it yourself, isn't it?

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #262 on: November 02, 2011, 12:48:48 am »
Limbo's pretty great.  I hate horror genre anything, and the game freaks me out (especially when my lights are off) so much that I have to stop myself from playing it for too long.  I saw the video for the achievement that has you running through a level that's like 90% black, and I could imaging how terrifying it'd be to try to play it myself.

@scott the plastic bag looks so real, too!  it gleams amazingly when i move my head side to side.  Technology, man.  Amazing.  We've come so far.  The future is now.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #263 on: November 02, 2011, 03:22:02 pm »

Both for $5. They're mint as heck.

forte

« Reply #264 on: November 02, 2011, 08:37:31 pm »
got Rockman Battle and Chase today for about 13 dollars shipped from Japan to USA. Also got BN 3 White and BN 4 Red Sun sealed but the jackass that mailed them to me used a non padded envelope and the boxes got all smashed. gonna file a complaint against him grrrr

amauriel

« Reply #265 on: November 03, 2011, 12:48:23 am »
@desocietas: Thanks for the heads up. I actually didn't buy the 3D Harvest Moon yet...been way too busy playing London Life on the new Layton game.

Professor Layton + 16-bit style RPG/life sim + some of the folks that did Mother 3 (Brownie Brown) = a combination of gaming loves for me that actually might exceed Harvest Moon. I know, crazy...
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2011, 01:17:52 pm »
scott November 3
@amauriel but, you're missing out on the sweet 3D Alpaca!

madmax November 3
First ever FF game, near mint except for the little ding in the corner.
<3
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

varkias November 3
@madmax, That is one of the coolest looking boxes ever. I love Amano's art style so much. Congrats!

XMAS came a little early this year. I received a package today I've been eagerly awaiting.
Photobucket

Phantasy Star Collection
Shining The Holy Ark
Samurai Showdown Collection

Photobucket

Lunar Silver Star
Shining Wisdom
Azel Panzer Dragoon RPG
Langrisser V
Grandia
King Of Fighters 96 w/RAM Cart

Photobucket

Legend of Oasis
Sonic 3D Blast
Bust A Move 3
Dragon Force

Photobucket

Action Replay Cart
Bust A Move 2
Earthworm Jim 2
The Horde

Photobucket

And Saturn Bomberman!  I picked up the 6 player Multi adapter so it's time to get crazy!      

desocietasNovember 3

amauriel said:

Professor Layton + 16-bit style RPG/life sim + some of the folks that did Mother 3 (Brownie Brown) = a combination of gaming loves for me that actually might exceed Harvest Moon. I know, crazy...

I'm anxious to get through my current game(s) to do Layton! I haven't bought it yet but will probably play the heck out of it once I do. The formula above sounds right up my alley!

scott November
Damn @varkias nice haul!

varkias November 3
Thanks @scott! Time to update some database items and bust out the scanner.

scott November 3
@varkias I have to get Shining Wisdom and Saturn Bomberman yet. I'm currently unsure what I want to do with the Saturn. I may just go for the rest of the rare titles and then start looking for importing the Japanese only shmups. Of course, the Saturn is still on hold until after I finish off my Castlevania boxed set... I'm 6 games away... maybe I'll try to con @darko out of his complete Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge ;)

varkias November 3
@scott, good stuff! I still don't have the NTSC Shining Wisdom. I plan on going after the PAL exclusives after I complete the NTSC set, and continue picking up solid JP saturn titles here and there. I'm a huge Castlevania fan, GL on those last few titles! Have you acquired Dracula X yet?

Edit: Guess I could have just looked up your collection :P Gogo box and instructions!

jobocan November 3
Bought an N64 set from someone on Kijiji, and I received 2 Famicom games from consolemad.co.uk.

conker!

The N64 package was 50$, which isn't too bad considering Conker alone usually goes for a lot more. Oh, and the Famicom games are Getsu Fuma Den (usually called Getsufu Maden on import sites for some odd reason) and the Namco release of Star Wars which was never released in the US.      

scott November 3
I have a loose copy of Dracula X for SNES, sadly it seems to be much more expensive than Rondo of Blood for PC Engine. Finding a complete copy is going to be a chore. It seems like the more expensive Castlevania games are Legends for Game Boy and Dracula X for SNES. :\

jobocan November 3

scott said:

I have a loose copy of Dracula X for SNES, sadly it seems to be much more expensive than Rondo of Blood for PC Engine. Finding a complete copy is going to be a chore. It seems like the more expensive Castlevania games are Legends for Game Boy and Dracula X for SNES. :\

Yeah, the reseller at the nearby flea market actually has a complete Dracula X, it costs around 160-185$ IIRC. I'd settle for a loose cart.

scott November 3 View Collection Permalink
Oh I'll be getting a complete copy eventually. What I'll need to do is stash come cash away in case I find a hell of a deal on either Legends or Dracula X. I missed out on a lot that had a complete Legends, Belmont's Revenge, Sealed Circle of the Moon and one other game for like $150 or something.

amauriel November 3
@scott: If there really are two different tags, I'll probably be eBaying TWO alpacas soon enough. For now though, I've got to get through some backlogs of games...

Also, hearing those Castlevania prices makes me really glad I never got into collecting them! (Although I have a cat named Alucard, ha!)

scott November 3
@amauriel Luckily not all of them are super expensive. And I think that Dracula X on SNES is only expensive due to it's connection to Rondo of Blood on PC Engine. Most of my complete copies have all been pretty reasonably priced, with only Rondo of Blood and Castlevania for NES being the more expensive ones so far.

btw, I'll try to get over to that game shop this weekend and see if they still have that Tommy Hilfiger GBC.

scott November 5
Found a decent deal on .hack//quarantine for PS2, complete with the anime disc. It was a Best Offer auction on ebay and I was able to get it for $30-$40 less than what I've seen on ebay and amazon, even without the bonus disc. Everything is in great shape as well. Now I just need to finally finish the games... though I'll have to start from scratch, since I don't have the memory card adapter for PS3.

foxhack November 5
I found nothing at the flea markets today, but I checked out my mailbox, where I found this:

Ghostbusters for PS2, basically free from Goozex.      

desocietas November 5

scott said:

Found a decent deal on .hack//quarantine for PS2, complete with the anime disc. It was a Best Offer auction on ebay and I was able to get it for $30-$40 less than what I've seen on ebay and amazon, even without the bonus disc. Everything is in great shape as well. Now I just need to finally finish the games... though I'll have to start from scratch, since I don't have the memory card adapter for PS3.

Ugh, jealous! Got burned from my last .hack purchase... the first two in the original series for $25. But when I opened the box, part II was in pristine condition while part I had a stain throughout the second half of the manual! The guy had the balls to list them in "very good" condition with no mention of the stain. I've gotta cut back on my eBay spending... it's getting out of hand, and the holidays are coming up soon.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2011, 01:18:05 pm »
madmax November 5

desocietas said:

I've gotta cut back on my eBay spending... it's getting out of hand, and the holidays are coming up soon.

I've said that so many times...
brettyblueveinbrettybluevein November 5

madmax said:

desocietas said:

I've gotta cut back on my eBay spending... it's getting out of hand, and the holidays are coming up soon.

I've said that so many times...

I'm almost to the point of having my friend change my password. Haha!

scottscott November 5

desocietas said:

Ugh, jealous! Got burned from my last .hack purchase... the first two in the original series for $25. But when I opened the box, part II was in pristine condition while part I had a stain throughout the second half of the manual!

Yup I knew you would be! ha. Ya I need to get the guides for Mutation and Quarantine too, luckily they seem to be pretty cheap. The big thing is, random tears/stains. And I still need part 2 and 3 of the G.U. trilogy...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2011, 01:24:17 pm »
Couldn't locate posts after 11/7 but found one for 11/13... :\

jobocan         November 13        
Super Mario 3D Land! Loving it so far, though it's quite a bit on the easy side for the moment (only at the second world right now).      
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #269 on: November 21, 2011, 04:19:21 pm »
They have Dissidia and 012 at ebgames, sealed, for $10 and $20. i don't know how long Ill resist >.<