Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187546 times)

maximo310

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #780 on: July 22, 2015, 12:14:58 am »
I finished the main quest of Oblivion after doing some guild storylines for Mages/Fighters Guild. I'd say that it was a pretty enjoyable experience for my first Elder Scrolls game, even with the technical problems in the game mostly due to the leveling system and other stuff( pc can probably fix that); I did like the different side quests along with guild storylines. I also liked the custom magic system and enchanting equipment, and all of the different skills that can be leveled up.  Now I need to decide on either Morrowind or Skyrim for my next ES game.

After playing Oblivion, Morrowind might be a bit rough around the edges to go back to. Skyrim is an amazing game, but they made it less RPG-ish by getting rid of character stats and replacing them with skill-trees.
Hmm, maybe I'll try Skyrim first and see if I like it, although I've heard that mods bring out its full potential.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #781 on: July 22, 2015, 09:05:35 am »
how similar is Skyrim's game play to Oblivion's; if Oblivion was pretty easy one handed - should Skyrim's also be?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

maximo310

« Reply #782 on: July 22, 2015, 07:15:01 pm »
how similar is Skyrim's game play to Oblivion's; if Oblivion was pretty easy one handed - should Skyrim's also be?
I don't think either game should be too difficult on normal difficulty ( Oblivion slider 50% w/ proper leveling, Skyrim adept difficulty). I think Skyrim improves quite a bit on the melee weapons combat and lets you dual-wield if you choose. The only minor downside I hear about combat is that magic has been toned down in Skyrim, especially since Oblivion gives you so many options as a spellcaster to create custom spells and become way too overpowered w/ proper leveling. In Skyrim, custom spells are removed, and it limits your combat options because of the delay in recharging spells.  You can still be a powerful mage in Skyrim; but it takes quite a bit of more work and branching out to get to that point vs. being very easy in Oblivion. Melee is the easier way to go in Skyrim

Another thing that I noticed was that Skyrim's highest difficulty is made easier with melee weapons/archery, and that difficulty is defenitely easier than going all the way to the right on the slider for Oblivion.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #783 on: July 24, 2015, 02:01:16 am »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
3. Monster In My Pocket (NES)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
5. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
6. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
7. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
8. Arcade Hits Pack: Gunblade NY & LA Machine Guns (Wii)
9. Rock Band: Metal Track Pack (PS2)
10. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)
11. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
12. King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
15. The Legend of Zelda - 2nd Quest (NES)
16. Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare (XBox 360)
17. ECW Hardcore Revolution (GBC)
18. Resident Evil (GameCube)
19. Resident Evil 2 - Dual-Shock Edition (PS1) - Both Scenarios A & B
20. Final Fantasy (GBA)
21. Dynasty Warriors 5 (PS2)

22. Mega Man Legends 2 (PS1)

Fantastic game that kept glued to my T.V. screen from beginning to end. Great sequel that has the same charm, gameplay, and sense of adventure of the original, but in a bigger package! Well worth the $50 and shipping I paid for it, and the $3 it took to get it resurfaced.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:12:27 pm by burningdoom »

azure

« Reply #784 on: July 24, 2015, 01:58:54 pm »
I recently beat Wario Ware: Smooth Moves for like the 5th time, love that game.

retroone

« Reply #785 on: July 24, 2015, 03:23:16 pm »
Today I beat Little Nemo: The Dream Master on NES and man was that game difficult. Don't get me wrong I highly reccomend the game but all of the glitches re spawning enemies can be a deal breaker for some. Don't underestimate this game. Overall after beating one of the hardest boss in video game history, Little Nemo: The Dream Master is an amazing game.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #786 on: July 26, 2015, 10:44:04 am »

Tales of Hearts R- This game is the reason I got a Vita. I can tell you I am glad I got a Vita For this game. Not my Favorite Tales game but a very solid entry that shouldn't be overlooked.

kashell

« Reply #787 on: July 27, 2015, 08:33:44 am »
Over the weekend, I finished Blood Will Tell for the PlayStation 2.

Tales of Hearts R- This game is the reason I got a Vita. I can tell you I am glad I got a Vita For this game. Not my Favorite Tales game but a very solid entry that shouldn't be overlooked.

<3 <3 <3

I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #788 on: July 27, 2015, 11:29:04 am »
Today I beat Little Nemo: The Dream Master on NES and man was that game difficult. Don't get me wrong I highly reccomend the game but all of the glitches re spawning enemies can be a deal breaker for some. Don't underestimate this game. Overall after beating one of the hardest boss in video game history, Little Nemo: The Dream Master is an amazing game.

I suck at this game, but I still like it.  I get mad and quit a lot, but I've played the first level a thousand times.  Little Nemo is Nintendo Hard!

retroone

« Reply #789 on: July 27, 2015, 09:05:51 pm »

I suck at this game, but I still like it.  I get mad and quit a lot, but I've played the first level a thousand times.  Little Nemo is Nintendo Hard!
It certainly ain't no Mega Man 2 that's for sure!

abe

« Reply #790 on: July 28, 2015, 04:03:28 pm »
Finished Super Mario 3D World today, making it the first WiiU game I've beaten. It was a lot of fun and had great graphics and music, but similar to Super Mario 3D Land I felt it was a little bit too easy. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a WiiU and doesn't have it yet.

Abe's 2015 Completion List
1.   Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2.   Halo 3 (Xbox360)
3.   Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)
4.   The Swapper (PS4)
5.   inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
6.   Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PS Vita)
7.   Mega Man X2 (PS2)
8.   Home (PS4)
9.   Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS)
10. Mighty Switch Force (3DS)
11. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
12. Halo 4 (Xbox360)
13. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
14. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2nd (PSP)
15. Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #791 on: July 30, 2015, 08:57:39 am »
w00t! I finished the main story of Mind Zero on Expert Mode! It's a real shame that the story went from interesting to downright awful near the end of it, though. Now it's time to switch to Beginner Mode and get the rest of those trophies. I have plenty of documentaries to watch while I do so. XD

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #792 on: August 01, 2015, 09:44:02 am »
Cleared Lords of the Fallen on PS4 today.

All the trophies that were obtainable before NG++ are done, I'll do the 2 other runs for the 2 remaining endings later. Not sure about the DLC, it looks too expensive for now and not really interesting, I may get it when it gets cheaper for the trophies..

As a big Souls fan I enjoyed the game, the Darksiders-like artstyle was neat and the boss fights were entertaining. It doesn't match the greatness of a real Souls game thought.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

telly

« Reply #793 on: August 01, 2015, 03:15:59 pm »
Decided to get the Platinum for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, since it was an incredibly easy plat :P  Still plugging away at Mega Man 3 and Suikoden II

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:22:23 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

maximo310

« Reply #794 on: August 01, 2015, 05:05:29 pm »
Beat Ys: Oath in Felgana on Normal after playing it for a few days. It's a pretty solid action rpg/remake, and I really liked the diversity of the bosses in the game. The PSP version has some extra pecks, so I'd reccomend it over the PC version.
Also beat( and 1cc) Wartech: Senko Ronde. This is an interesting fighter/shooter hybrid made by G.Rev that originated on the Sega Naomi GD-Rom system, and was ported to the 360 with some enhancements. It takes some time to get used to the combat and B.O.S.S systems, but I'd had a lot of fun with this and I really liked the art style and graphics. It's only a dollar at Gamestop, so I'd reccomend this to anyone with a 360 system, its a system that is unlike any other fighting game out there, and its a 360 exclusive.