Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 185497 times)

madmax

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1065 on: October 13, 2016, 10:36:55 am »
Just platinumed Rachet and Clank on PS4. Did the first playthrough with my non-gamer wife and then did a cleanup for trophies about 5 months later :P
It was good fun to pick up again. I'm surprised how quickly you can tear through the game considering how long the first playthrough took.

http://psnprofiles.com/madmax12ca
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:44:50 am by madmax »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1066 on: November 03, 2016, 12:46:54 pm »

LOVING IT!

Best Resident Evil game since Code Veronica! It has a lot of the same atmosphere and feel of the old games. The story is something that would fit right into the old games, as well. And I like the monsters, more. RE4 onwards had a bunch of generic, gangly-looking monster that you see in a LOT of video games.

This one goes back to zombies, or at least I think they're zombies. But they definetly aren't like the old, plodding, slow zombies. These guys are freaking fast! And they look like they're wearing a patchwork of other people's skin, with barbed-wire and spikes intwined throughout. Think zombies meets the evil guys from Ghosts of Mars. Very cool looking!

And you get the return of Claire Redfield and Barry! Any fans of the original RE games should enjoy that.

Highly recommended for fans of Resident Evil.

I got the freaking bad ending! You've got to be kidding me!

I Googled what I did wrong, and it turns out that in a really intense scene against a boss-monster earlier in the game, you're not supposed to go as fast as you can to kill it, which is what you do in like literally every game like this!!! There's a choice to make in the battle. Without giving away spoilers, if you go with the slower route (which you assume would kill you because it's an intense moment), that's how you get the good ending.

So now I have to go back and replay the game with that choice. Luckily, you can restart at different chapters in the game. So I don't have to replay everything.

Gonna add this to my "official" beaten list when I do that.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #1067 on: November 03, 2016, 08:00:08 pm »
Well, I recently got Freddi Fish 3 in a Steam sale, and I beat that in an hour. Does that count?
For real though, I've also beaten Bayonetta 2 not too long ago (easily one of my favourite games of all time!)
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #1068 on: November 03, 2016, 08:10:04 pm »
Beat Silent Hill 2 for the first time today. Depressing, creepy and amazing experience.

kashell

« Reply #1069 on: November 04, 2016, 08:19:38 am »
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was a blast. I'm really excited to try Risky's Revenge.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1070 on: November 04, 2016, 08:52:57 am »
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was a blast. I'm really excited to try Risky's Revenge.

I believe it would make more sense to do the games in the reverse order since the story of Pirate's Curse follows Risky's Revenge. Anyhow indeed those games are awesome and underrated!
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

kashell

« Reply #1071 on: November 04, 2016, 09:02:03 am »

I believe it would make more sense to do the games in the reverse order since the story of Pirate's Curse follows Risky's Revenge. Anyhow indeed those games are awesome and underrated!

It would have. ;__;

Unfortunately, I wanted to grab an extra 3DS game and Shantae seemed like a good choice.

azure

« Reply #1072 on: November 04, 2016, 12:34:51 pm »
Finished One Piece Unlimited World Red, great game. Still got a lot of stuff to do for the 100% though.

« Reply #1073 on: November 06, 2016, 01:51:32 am »
Finally beat the Dark Souls 3 DLC.  Didn't realize there was an NPC helper for the boss and that helped me get through that annoying boss lol It's too short to add to my 52 games completed list, but overall I liked it.  The setting is cool, the bosses were cool, though as usual with Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne that I've beat, anything story related drives me nuts.  Rarely know what is going on half the time and this one doesn't have like any sort of ending that I can tell.  You just sorta beat the bosses, get a little extra dialogue from two random characters and that's it...I don't really know what happen in this DLC lol  Still fun to play at least.

« Reply #1074 on: November 07, 2016, 08:35:15 am »
Beat Uncharted 2, Haunting Ground, and Uncharted 3 this weekend.

azure

« Reply #1075 on: November 08, 2016, 12:38:46 pm »
100% completion achieved on One Piece Unlimited World Red, fun time.

doafan

« Reply #1076 on: November 08, 2016, 01:08:04 pm »

Didn't knew that this game had a bad ending, just wondering if they give you an achievement for this cause some of them are if not weird kinda rare to get, so if you get one please let me know to replay the chapter again, you should play the bonus episodes even when some people says that they are lame in my opinion are pretty good, specially the one of Natalia.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1077 on: November 08, 2016, 01:51:32 pm »

Didn't knew that this game had a bad ending, just wondering if they give you an achievement for this cause some of them are if not weird kinda rare to get, so if you get one please let me know to replay the chapter again, you should play the bonus episodes even when some people says that they are lame in my opinion are pretty good, specially the one of Natalia.

I got an achievement for the bad ending, but not for the good ending (which I completed last night).

In Chapter 3, during the Claire mission, at the end of the chapter is where it changes the ending depending on how you beat monster-Neil.

It's right after you beat monster-Neil, and he slams you into the wall during the movie-scene. If you do the natural reaction, and have Claire grab the gun (since Moira has never used a gun in the game), you get the bad ending. If you switch to Moira, and have her crawl to the gun and use it, then you get the good ending.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:57:26 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1078 on: November 08, 2016, 01:54:57 pm »
BurningDoom's 2016 Beaten Games list:
1.Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition (XBox One)
2. The Walking Dead: Season Two (XBox One)
3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
4. Avengers Mobile Game (Phone)
5. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (XBox 360)
6. Far Cry: Primal (XBox One)
7. Super Mario Bros. (NES)
8. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS1)
9. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (XBox One)
10. Strikers 1945 (PS1)
11. Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS)
12. Raiden III (PS2)
13. Dragon Warrior II (GBC)
14. Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii)
15. Dragon Warrior (GBC)
16. Dragon Warrior III (GBC)
17. WWE 2K16 (XBox One)
18. Bionic Commando (GBA) (via Capcom Classic Mini Mix)
19. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)
20. Resident Evil: Revelations (Xbox 360)
21. Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (3DS)
22. Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

23. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (XBox One)

Freaking LOVED this game! It felt more like the old-school Resident Evil games in style, atmosphere, story, and monsters; than the series has felt in a LONG time. They brought back zombies, they brought back the b-style twists and turns style story, they brought back Barry and Claire, and they gave us a whole new villain and virus to battle.

I beat it with both the bad and good endings.

Highly recommended for Resident Evil fans!

Can't wait for RE 7!

kashell

« Reply #1079 on: November 14, 2016, 09:42:00 am »
Aragami was the perfect game to fill the void left by the lack of Tenchu games. I'm excited to review it.