Author Topic: Board Games!  (Read 17011 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Board Games!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45:45 pm »
I always wanted to try out that Pac Man board game.

I have that, but I've never played it. It just looks cool sitting back there in my room.

ko1ru

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 09:22:19 am »
I'm just a vanilla trivia guy. I've been playing Trivia Pursuit as long as I can remember.

I LOVE trivia. 

I'm not really into board games, but I wouldn't mind having this:  http://www.amazon.com/Gears-War-The-Board-Game/dp/1616611693

blipcs76

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 10:27:12 am »
We often play board games when we get together with our friends.  The games we play the most are easily:

Settlers of Catan
Smallworld
Munchkin
Pandemic

I've been throwing together ideas for a zombie-based board game for a couple of years now and I've thought about using Kickstarter to fund it, though it's hard to find the time and drive to do it when I've got so many other things occupying my time.

tpugmire

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 11:15:20 am »
I have a factory sealed Star Wars Monopoly Collectors Edition from 1996 (I think), and a factory sealed FedEx Monopoly, which appears to be fairly rare.  I got it from the company store a few years back.  Other than that, all the board games at my house are my kids games.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 12:04:17 pm »
Guilds of Cadwallon just came in the mail today! I'm gonna crack it open and run through a few games with the GF tonight. I'll let you know how it is.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 04:30:12 pm »
I just picked up "Fluxx" and "1st and Goal".
The challenge here will be to convince my friends to play a football game played with dice :P

brunauss

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 03:16:24 pm »
I have a growing collection of board games as well. They are stacked from floor to ceiling and cover the full width of my four foot wide hall closet.

Nice. Any standouts, or under-rated games in there?

Sorry for belated response. Still getting my collection uploaded like mad. Hmm... standouts. AH. Need to google a couple of these likely:

The World According to Ubi
Halo Strategy Game
007 Anniversary Monopoly
The French Card Game Mille Bornes
Mad Gab
Megiddo
Atmosphere

Lets start there for now *L*
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

scott

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 11:17:06 pm »
Guilds of Cadwallon is pretty sweet. The version I have has all the bonuses from the kickstarter. But we played a vanilla game just to get the hang of it.

The reg version doesn't use a board, and only cards and tokens. But its a really fast game and the first match was over before we knew it, like 20-30mins. But it was really pretty fun and looks like its a good game to played when you don't want to marathon things that take multiple hours.

I'm going to use some of my mini paint inks to wash the tokens though. They are really nice and detailed. But you don't really see the details that well. And I want to make them stand out better. But that'll have to wait for after the move.

Here is a link to the game on board game geek: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/134711/guilds-of-cadwallon

jobocan

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 12:29:42 am »
I think we need to mention it when interesting board game kickstarters pop up, I know I've missed quite a few interesting ones. Guilds of Cadwallon sounds pretty cool, I'll have to keep a lookout on it. Hopefully it pops up on my board game online shop of choice (even with shipping it's cheaper than any local store).

Sucks that shipping to Canada is always expensive with these board game kickstarters.

Currently I have a pledge on this one (which ends soon):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maydaygames/walk-the-plank-pirate-card-game-get-bit-prequel
Just a filler game, but it'll go well with the Get Bit deluxe edition I also got from kickstarter :P

jobocan

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 11:00:06 pm »
Double post, yay!

So I just received a pile of games.

King of Tokyo (giant monsters killing each other, with DICE! and superpowers you can buy... made by the guy who made Magic)
Dice Town (poker-ish dice game where you have to find gold and get victory points, based on what you roll)
Wits & Wagers and Say Anything (both similar-ish party trivia games with a betting mechanic to get points)
Sentinels of the Multiverse (SO MANY CARDS !_! it's a co-op card game with a bunch of pre-made decks for a set of heroes, villains and environments)

Can't wait to have a board game night. A friend of mine also just bought Legendary, the Marvel deck-building game.

scott

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 02:20:53 pm »
Super Dungeon Explore: Von Drakk Manor came yesterday. The minis inside are prolly the best produced yet, and it includes a Dracula and Belmont wanna be. Pretty sweet. I think I'm more impressed with this set than I was for Caverns of Roxxor.

jobocan

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 07:31:38 pm »
The miniatures sound awesome actually.

If only I had the patience to paint them, I'd totally get this game.

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 07:59:34 pm »
blood bowl

last night on earth

cafe international

scott

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2013, 12:01:41 am »
The first things loaded into the Retro Game room. All my board games in the closet.

jobocan

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 04:18:02 pm »
Had a board game night yesterday. Tried the games I recently bought. Sentinels of the Multiverse is really awesome and easy to play (though I can see how it might become challenging). Say Anything is a blast. No one liked Wits and Wagers (partly because one of the people playing just hated it for no reason, and Say Anything is just a lot better). King of Tokyo was fun, but it's really not a 6-player game.

Finally, a friend brought over Quarriors, which he borrowed from his sister, and it kicked ass. Out of all the games we played, Quarriors and Sentinels of the Multiverse were definitely the best, I highly recommend both.