Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei  (Read 13923 times)

Re: Shin Megami Tensei
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 03:31:51 am »

My roommate and I have been contemplating getting Star Fox 3D to play together... Let me know what you think of it!

Star Fox 64 3D is FUN! I never played the original N64 version, so this was all new to me. You'll put the game in and instantly have a blast playing it! However, in under 2 hours I completed the training and beat all 7 of the short missions needed to finish the main game. The credits followed. This surprised me, but I'm not too disappointed because of all the replayability the game has. I'll definitely be putting many more hours into it.

darko

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 09:49:20 am »

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 11:10:11 am »
That is *insane.*  I thought it was a joke at first, but it's looks very well done.  Another vid here:

I love the details of the backgrounds, with the shadow figures... If this were Persona 3, I could imagine how badass a stage would look: a rumbling traincar with lots of coffins in the background, perhaps?
Also, AEGIS!!!!

But also, my other first thought was, "Why are they fighting each other?"
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 01:36:36 am »
Not just "well done", being done by the BlazBlue team. I translated a bit of that second vid, did a bit of searching, found this: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/blazblue-team-developing-persona-4-fighting-game/
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 01:49:41 am »
Not just "well done", being done by the BlazBlue team. I translated a bit of that second vid, did a bit of searching, found this: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/blazblue-team-developing-persona-4-fighting-game/

Thanks for looking into this some more!  BlazBlue... of course!  Such quality in the graphics and a blur of activity... I can't wait to see more video of this game.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 01:50:47 pm »
I finally finished Devil Survivor Overclocked! This is the first game I really played and completed in this genre, and I truly enjoyed it.

My save file says I logged 57 hours, but that doesn't take into consideration the times I saved, continued playing, died, and restarted. In the end, I chose Yuzu's path and completed her 8th day. I was most tempted to do my MC's route, but I settled for Yuzu's. With the NG+ option, I eventually want to see my MC's and Naoya's ending. (On my playthrough, I was only given the option to choose the route for my MC, Yuzu, or Naoya.) Who knows, maybe I'll try for the other routes after that. Honestly, I never thought I would be this tempted to replay it (especially so soon) to see the different endings.

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 01:52:46 pm »
I just picked up Overclocked "new" from Gamestop next store... was really hoping they had a CIB pre-owned because I know their "new" items are basically the same thing for $5+ more.

Not planning on undoing their seal in case I can find a pre-owned for less elsewhere sometime soon... But thought I'd grab it because I noticed that it's out of stock on Amazon and going for more than list price already on eBay.  :X Damn Atlus collectibles!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »
I just picked up Overclocked "new" from Gamestop

I got a chuckle out of this.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:13 pm »
I just picked up Overclocked "new" from Gamestop

I got a chuckle out of this.

Ha, you know I've already complained about this in the thread bashing Gamestop practices!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 11:17:03 pm »
99 cent release day delivery from Amazon saved my marriage! (Not really, but I haven't entered a GameStop since I realized how reliable the shipping from Amazon was. And that's not nothing, that's something.)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 12:03:15 am »
99 cent release day delivery from Amazon saved my marriage! (Not really, but I haven't entered a GameStop since I realized how reliable the shipping from Amazon was. And that's not nothing, that's something.)

I've gotten quite a few games via Amazon and their release day delivery, it's a pretty rad deal for sure. I just pre-ordered Skyrim and they game me an instant $10 credit and the special release day delivery. I ordered Pokemon Black and White that way and WoW: Cataclysm (when I was still hooked on it). Also I had originally had the Red 3DS preordered there and Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, but had to cancel. :(

Plus I can preorder there and they don't charge anything until it ships, rather than the $xx.xx down at GS. Also if you need to cancel for whatever reason you don't get a guilt trip or treated like a total a-hole, ha. I've seen that happen.

desocietas

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 03:03:59 pm »
Speaking of Amazon, it looks like they restocked their copies of Overclocked, and it's now on sale as part of their Halloween deal!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000733571_grlink_1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000733571
Woohoo... now to return the "new" game to Gamestop... :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 03:24:27 pm »
Speaking of Amazon, it looks like they restocked their copies of Overclocked, and it's now on sale as part of their Halloween deal!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000733571_grlink_1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000733571
Woohoo... now to return the "new" game to Gamestop... :)

Thanks for the link! There are some excellent deals to be had on those 2 pages. Deathsmiles CE for $25? Please and thank you!

scott

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 03:32:57 pm »

Deathsmiles CE for $25? Please and thank you!

@darko Scan that box. :P

desocietas

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 03:35:57 pm »
No problemo!  Amazon's odd in how they hide their sales pages sometimes...  Tempted by Deathsmiles, but I can't handle shooters much... Geometry Wars is usually enough for me.  Looks like Overclocked is OOS now at Amazon - glad I bit when I did.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas