Author Topic: New XBox Reveal on May 21  (Read 28207 times)

Re: New XBox Reveal on May 21
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2013, 11:30:51 pm »
It looks neat, and I'm guardedly optimistic about the kinect, the force feedback controller, and the menu integration (I mean, how long do we have to wait for someone to allow me to play another game while I wait for something in my primary game.)

However, I buy 9/10 games used, so yeah, that would also probably be a deal breaker for me, at least in the short run.

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2013, 11:32:21 pm »
I really liked this presentation - it means I can happily continue buying Japanese Saturn games and know I'm not missing out on a single thing :)

sin2beta

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2013, 11:35:27 pm »
I really liked this presentation - it means I can happily continue buying Japanese Saturn games and know I'm not missing out on a single thing :)

I think you condensed my 6 posts in one sentence. SEGA collection for the win.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2013, 11:45:57 pm »
It's a shame it's true but I could pull any Sega game off my shelf and I guarantee I'd enjoy it more than all of those games they showed for the Xbox One yesterday :/

brunauss

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2013, 11:49:56 pm »
Just watched the new Xbox One press conference and have one final verdict. Everything that was spoken and shown felt like a repeat of the Xbox 360 press conference. All cosmetic differences aside, nothing felt any different or better than what Sony showed us with their system and games. The whole conference can be summed up into two words: Me Too.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

desocietas

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2013, 02:00:30 am »
Just watched the new Xbox One press conference and have one final verdict. Everything that was spoken and shown felt like a repeat of the Xbox 360 press conference. All cosmetic differences aside, nothing felt any different or better than what Sony showed us with their system and games. The whole conference can be summed up into two words: Me Too.

Couldn't agree more.  Said the same thing to Scott earlier tonight - nothing new, nothing innovative... all just floundering to "keep up" with whatever they think their market likes and getting it all wrong.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

theflea

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2013, 02:47:35 am »
Well I for one will not buy this system (at least not at launch)as long as it has the feature of you have to be online and register all your games and you have to pay a fee to play used games. I'm not gonna invest $400-$600 on a console that within 10 years will be nothing but a big paperweight and its games coasters. 
And this is coming from a Xbox fanboy, I have over 400 games in my collection, (80% of them i bought new)
I might pick one up after a few years and they drop the price, but only to play the few exclusives. I wont be buying many games for this, and not at full $60+ price.

I really hope theres a huge backlash from Xbox fans and maybe MS will listen, because if they do release the system with this feature, Sony is gonna kill em.
I really want to get this system, but not with the online only and no used games feature. It's pointless to collect. So far I'm getting a PS4 and passing on the (god i hate this name) Xbox One.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

thomascozine

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2013, 03:05:43 am »
After everything I've read I'm not interested at all in the XBox One. 3 main reasons. First, not backwards compatible. That's just bullshit in my opinion. Sure, the PS4 isn't either, but at least that's my only issue with it. Second, it does need to be internet connected. At least once every 24 hours. There are still places in America with dial-up! How can you think this was a good idea? Third, all games require an activation code. Games are tied to the system. How dare Microsoft implent such a thing. This makes future collecting for the system impossible.

To hell with the XBox One. Microsoft wants to treat their customers like potential pirates the fuck them.

psydswipe

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2013, 06:36:00 am »

I think you condensed my 6 posts in one sentence. SEGA collection for the win.

And now Sega can make their return to the console business with a pure gaming machine! ;D Just kidding, I know that's not going to happen. With my limited time on the Wii U I didn't like it, the Xbox One's game activation codes turn me off, and the PS4 didn't show me anything yet. I would lean toward the PS4 though if I were to get a new console. Sega did put Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza on PS3 so it seems likely if they ever make Shenmue III it will go to PS4  :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2013, 09:52:33 am »
@Desocietas -

So...how's that Ouya?!

Also, IMO, M$ & Sony are probably equally "evil"  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2013, 10:59:08 am »
The more I read about this and the more I think about it, there is only one thing that keeps me from being into the Xbox One.

The fact that this thing is going to be as useful as tits on a boar hog in 10 years.  The internet connection and the fees for used games make this thing useless when the Xbox Pi (or whatever they want to call it.) comes out.

Like Flea said, I don't want to invest money in something that will be dead in a few years.

insektmute

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2013, 12:47:12 pm »
Not rude at all. Actually it was the Wired article that made me think it was still rumor. Everything providing quotes was just going to that article. It was not until I saw Larry "major Nelson" commenting on it that I figured it was legit. I tend to be skeptical of every news source quoting the exact same news source.

I'd seen the Wired article initially, but saw it echoed elsewhere a few hours after it made the rounds, including from MS sources like Larry Hryb. Definitely not something that's gonna fly with people as word gets out, I think.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2013, 12:55:42 pm »
So I'm late to this, I know. I had to work, as I'm sure a lot of other people did at 1 in the afternoon.

But I really only have 2 things to say about it:

1. The hardware itself looks reminiscent of the original Xbox.

2. The only real upgrades I can see is that it plays live T.V., you can control it with your smart-phone, and you can record live gameplay.

Well, I can already watch live T.V. by simply turning off my XBox.

What's so hard about using a controller to control your Xbox? The smart-phone control upgrade really doesn't make sense to me.

Recording gameplay is admittedly pretty cool. But I'm not buying a whole new console just based on that.

brunauss

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2013, 01:02:00 pm »
Well I for one will not buy this system (at least not at launch)as long as it has the feature of you have to be online and register all your games and you have to pay a fee to play used games. I'm not gonna invest $400-$600 on a console that within 10 years will be nothing but a big paperweight and its games coasters. 
And this is coming from a Xbox fanboy, I have over 400 games in my collection, (80% of them i bought new)
I might pick one up after a few years and they drop the price, but only to play the few exclusives. I wont be buying many games for this, and not at full $60+ price.

I really hope theres a huge backlash from Xbox fans and maybe MS will listen, because if they do release the system with this feature, Sony is gonna kill em.
I really want to get this system, but not with the online only and no used games feature. It's pointless to collect. So far I'm getting a PS4 and passing on the (god i hate this name) Xbox One.

Was once a Xbox fan boy meself. Then halfway through this generation I resigned with buying the PS3 and began migrating my gaming over to it, after dealing with shipping my Xbox in repeatedly for repairs. The final push was when Microsoft announced they had finally fixed all the hardware issues and unveiled the REdesigned Xbox. The only thing they had to change was that outside shell and ventilate it better. They didn't have to change just about everything on it.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

insektmute

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2013, 01:02:40 pm »
Hard drives confirmed to be non-replaceable, according to an interview with Engadget - http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hard-drive. Looks like they're sticking with the Wii U approach on that.

It's worth noting that since game installs are locked to accounts, but you can install games to external hard drives, this also tells us that game installs are also locked to each individual console, too - not just the account.