Author Topic: New XBox Reveal on May 21  (Read 28337 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: New XBox Reveal on May 21
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2013, 04:46:01 pm »

I went into a GameStop yesterday and it was the complete opposite. They were pushing PS4 and dogging on the One hard core.

I also had a similar experience yesterday.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2013, 11:18:03 pm »
Looks like even GameStop employees get to be fanboys. Everyone gets to pick a side.

ffxik

« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2013, 11:36:52 pm »
They kicked you out, just for saying you're not a fan of how they operate. Wow

If he got kicked out, I'm sure it was more than just an underhanded comment. I'd imagine he got a little angry. If not, then yeah, that's ridiculous.

Reading between the lines.  The guy wouldn't leave me alone about it.  I got called a gullible idiot for "believing the lies online".  That snapped the camels back.  I went off on him.  Granted this was after I stated I wasn't interested in the One, and wouldn't be as long as some corporation dictated what I could and couldn't do with my personal property. 

« Reply #243 on: June 17, 2013, 02:37:06 pm »
this thread saddens me... I personally hope the XboxOne does well!

I already have both nextgen systems pre-ordered with 2 games and an extra controller.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #244 on: June 17, 2013, 03:19:29 pm »

I already have both nextgen systems pre-ordered with 2 games and an extra controller.

What saddens me is that this thread has to exist.  Is the XBone hate a little excessive?  Maybe. Should they be doing stuff to piss off their customers?  No.  Will I be getting one?  Not with these policies in place.

scott

« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2013, 03:58:26 pm »
I still play my old NES games and that is like 30 years old. But when the Xbox One turns 30, it'll be a long forgotten metal and plastic box that serves no purpose. And that's the problem with digital and cloud computing. Once the servers shut down, the system will die and your games won't be playable any longer. Especially if it's no longer able to hit the check-in server. Or if it's games are using the cloud servers to process parts of the game, what happens if the servers vanish?

Look at EA's sports games. They release a new one every year. Do you think they'll leave the cloud servers running for each individual release? For some reason I doubt it. Not with their track record of shutting down servers for previous editions almost as soon as the next year's version releases.

I wanted to like the One. But, after everything they have announced there is no way they are getting my money. I love my 360. I actually expected to buy heir next gen console too. But once all their bad choices came out with the DRM, Kinect and other crap. There was no way I was jumping on that boat.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #246 on: June 17, 2013, 04:09:37 pm »
I wanted to like the One. But, after everything they have announced there is no way they are getting my money. I love my 360. I actually expected to buy heir next gen console too. But once all their bad choices came out with the DRM, Kinect and other crap. There was no way I was jumping on that boat.

This^^
I simply do not like the Playstation.  I don't know why.  It may have been leftover console war stuff from the N64 era.  I don't know. Anyway, I'm buying a PS4 this time around because I like the big name games.  I'm going to try to wait for the first price drop.  I don't know if I'll make it though.

« Reply #247 on: June 17, 2013, 04:20:14 pm »

What saddens me is that this thread has to exist.  Is the XBone hate a little excessive?  Maybe. Should they be doing stuff to piss off their customers?  No.  Will I be getting one?  Not with these policies in place.
I don't understand the hate personally... what part of what they say is making people so butthurt? The used games? I'm pretty sure Sony is doing the same thing as MS by leaving DRM up to the publishers. Not to mention no more free online play.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2013, 04:51:46 pm »

I don't understand the hate personally... what part of what they say is making people so butthurt? The used games? I'm pretty sure Sony is doing the same thing as MS by leaving DRM up to the publishers. Not to mention no more free online play.

1. An activation fee required to play used games. Absolutely they pisses people off. And no, Sony is not doing it.

2. You have to have permission to lend a game to someone, and it can only be done once, and it can only be done with someone from your friends list.

3. Required internet connection. What if you have a crappy connection? What if you live in rural area? What if you live in a country with crappy internet in general? Or, my situation, what if you take the Xbox 360 to your man cave so your wife can use the living room T.V., and the modem is in the living room?

4. The Kinnect is built in, has a camera that follows you, and can even scan your biorhythms. Talk about big brother.

5. Killer Instinct. From what I understand, when you get the game you only get 1 freaking character to play as. If you want more, you have to pay for each individual character. Let's hope this is not a sign of things to come.

These are greedy and invasive policies. People have all the reason in the world to hate Microsoft for what they're doing. When you pay for property, you should have the right to use it as you please. We don't need big brother checking up on us to be sure we aren't lending games or heaven forbid play a used game without their precious "activation fee." And why does Microsoft think they're special with the used market. There has always been a used market out there for anything: Books, music, movies, furniture, cars, houses, etc. You don't see anyone else taking such drastic measures against it.

Microsoft is alienating themselves from the rural market, and from entire countries due to the internet policy; and from the lower-income fanbase that buys used.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:58:59 pm by burningdoom »

soera

« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2013, 04:54:38 pm »
There is a lot going on with the Xbox None. First off, the constant online check. Say your home is like mine. I have a cable modem hooked up to my computer. I dont bother with routers cause I honestly dont need one. With the Xbox None, I would have to disconnect my modem and run a cord to my system every day in case the chance I wanted to play it the next day was there (I say the next day cause I would have probably missed the online check the day of). If you miss that check in, your system is worthless till then next check in ... Once the servers are down, there will never be another check in and you will never be able to use your system again. Also if you happen to not live in the 20 or so countries that are Microshaft approved, you cant play the system anyhow cause Xbox live will not be available there so no server checks at all.

Next is the way the games actually work. You put the game into your system and it downloads the entire game. Once its done downloading, you dont even touch the disk again. While this sounds cool, the underlying fact is the game itself becomes worthless. It is then registered to your system. If you get bored of the game, you can only sell it to participating Microshaft approved resellers. Once someone else registers the game, the one you have becomes nothing. Once the game has been registered twice, it can no longer be registered again. So if you buy a used game for your Xbox None, you better love that fucker cause you cant resell it again.

Next is the kinect issue. Your kinect must be connected at all times as well as the microphone for the system. Its not just a one way set up. Microshaft can and will use those to see what is going on in your house for specific reasons. For example : You rent a movie through your system. You inform the system that 4 people are going to be watching and you pay for the movie. They have the ability to look and see if its actually 4 people watching. If the number is 5 or more, they will shut off your movie until you pay for the additional people.

Im sure there is some other stuff I am not totally thinking of right now but you can get the drift from that. Basically nothing you buy for the system including the system itself is actually yours to use as you see fit as long as you want. For $500 plus the cost of whatever games you buy, you are getting a limited rental of the items.

« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2013, 05:05:10 pm »

1. An activation fee required to play used games. Absolutely they pisses people off. And no, Sony is not doing it.

2. You have to have permission to lend a game to someone, and it can only be done once, and it can only be done with someone from your friends list.

3. Required internet connection. What if you have a crappy connection? What if you live in rural area? What if you live in a country with crappy internet in general? Or, my situation, what if you take the Xbox 360 to your man cave so your wife can use the living room T.V., and the modem is in the living room?

4. The Kinnect is built in, has a camera that follows you, and can even scan your biorhythms. Talk about big brother.

5. Killer Instinct. From what I understand, when you get the game you only get 1 freaking character to play as. If you want more, you have to pay for each individual character.

These are greedy and invasive policies. People have all the reason in the world to hate Microsoft for what they're doing. When you pay for property, you should have the right to use it as you please. We don't need big brother checking up on us to be sure we aren't lending games or heaven forbid play a used game without their precious "activation fee." And why does Microsoft think they're special with the used market. There has always been a used market out there for anything: Books, music, movies, furniture, cars, houses, etc. You don't see anyone else taking such drastic measures against it.

Microsoft is alienating themselves from the rural market, and from entire countries due to the internet policy; and from the lower-income fanbase that buys used.
1) completely up to the publisher
2)What about this? http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/54648/ms-confirms-xbox-one-family-sharing-feature-allows-up-to-any-ten-people
3)non issue... really... built in wifi
4)I'll give you that... I dont care for kinect
5)wrong wrong wrong... http://www.polygon.com/e3-2013/2013/6/14/4420310/defending-killer-instinct

The XboxOne's policies dont make sense because it still takes Discs... Just pretend for a moment it is a discless system then you'll understand a little better of what they are trying to accomplish.

I am an avid game collector and don't like the idea that physical media is going to the wayside, but at the same time I am a gamer first and foremost so I will go where the games are.

How many of you guys have $500+ cell phones that have a lifespan of less thans 2 years?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:16:18 pm by pceslayer »

« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2013, 05:09:21 pm »
There is a lot going on with the Xbox None. First off, the constant online check. Say your home is like mine. I have a cable modem hooked up to my computer. I dont bother with routers cause I honestly dont need one. With the Xbox None, I would have to disconnect my modem and run a cord to my system every day in case the chance I wanted to play it the next day was there (I say the next day cause I would have probably missed the online check the day of). If you miss that check in, your system is worthless till then next check in ... Once the servers are down, there will never be another check in and you will never be able to use your system again. Also if you happen to not live in the 20 or so countries that are Microshaft approved, you cant play the system anyhow cause Xbox live will not be available there so no server checks at all.

Next is the way the games actually work. You put the game into your system and it downloads the entire game. Once its done downloading, you dont even touch the disk again. While this sounds cool, the underlying fact is the game itself becomes worthless. It is then registered to your system. If you get bored of the game, you can only sell it to participating Microshaft approved resellers. Once someone else registers the game, the one you have becomes nothing. Once the game has been registered twice, it can no longer be registered again. So if you buy a used game for your Xbox None, you better love that fucker cause you cant resell it again.

Next is the kinect issue. Your kinect must be connected at all times as well as the microphone for the system. Its not just a one way set up. Microshaft can and will use those to see what is going on in your house for specific reasons. For example : You rent a movie through your system. You inform the system that 4 people are going to be watching and you pay for the movie. They have the ability to look and see if its actually 4 people watching. If the number is 5 or more, they will shut off your movie until you pay for the additional people.

Im sure there is some other stuff I am not totally thinking of right now but you can get the drift from that. Basically nothing you buy for the system including the system itself is actually yours to use as you see fit as long as you want. For $500 plus the cost of whatever games you buy, you are getting a limited rental of the items.

So youve used one? No? So all of these are assumptions then? I see...

soera

« Reply #252 on: June 17, 2013, 05:33:34 pm »
Definitely NSFW. But certainly funny and will speak to most of us. Contrasting opinion from the first video. For those of you wondering since a few of my posts may seem schizo, I fall on the alphaomegasin side.

Watch this again ...

soera

« Reply #253 on: June 17, 2013, 05:34:06 pm »
So, I'm just halfway through this now. But it is fantastic. Adam Koralik rants about the XBox One. But he does it very intelligently and not just being angry. I also like how he breaks up the types of gamers. Anyways, it is a good video to just listen to in the background. Watching isn't really needed.

UPDATE  @26:30 he states my opinion very well on Sony and Microsoft.

Also ... watch this ...

soera

« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2013, 05:34:37 pm »
MICROSOFT IS DONE

IT'S FUCKING DONE

Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions. See game package and/or retailer product information, for each game’s specific geographic regions.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer

THEY MADE THE KOOL-AID AND DRANK IT THEMSELVES

Read this ...