Author Topic: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!  (Read 24047 times)

sin2beta

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2014, 07:34:44 pm »
I think what makes it worse is the fact that Heavyweight champ is the same game as Buster Douglas in every other part of the world besides the US. Its a $25 game complete.

I didn't even know that. Well... my SMS set is going to be one step closer to completion. I'm going to call it a variant and move on. I've already done that with Sonic and the UPC sticker. What's a label and title screen, huh?

As a side note, I would also totally do that with Stadium Events. World Class Track meet is the same game. But I'm not a picky collector when it comes to complete sets.

Although, I do understand the US set people with Buster. It's not at the same level of Sonic and the UPC.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2014, 07:49:48 pm »
Ive actually been considering doing the same.

sin2beta

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2014, 07:51:51 pm »
Ive actually been considering doing the same.

By the way, nice grab with Psycho Fox. That is a quality game. I always liked that series of games such as Decap Attack.

soera

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2014, 09:29:49 pm »
Down to about 10 titles for my adjusted complete SMS set (adjusted for a handful of games that should have been introduced into the states such as Ninja Gaiden, Bubble bobble, Forgotten worlds, Heroes of the Lance, Dragon crystal and 2 that I know I had when I was younger that are not included on any list : Ultima IV and Basketball nightmare. I bought both of those new on the shelf in the late 80s at Toys R Us. I dont know why they arent included in the US list).

Here's what missing -
Alex Kidd in high tech world
Blade Eagle 3D
Cloud master
Ghost house
Heavyweight champ or James Douglas
Ninja gaiden
Spy vs Spy
Teddy boy
Wonder boy Monster land
Wonder boy Dragon's trap

Im feeling the end in sight. :)

sin2beta

« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2014, 10:12:45 pm »
Those 10 are not a bad final 10 to go. Most of the time on complete sets, the final games would be some sports games or several expensive games that were really not that great to play. But when you are finishing with Dragon's Trap and Ninja Gaiden, it makes the final 10 a lot more fun.

As another side note. Dragon's Trap is one of the best. It's Sonic, Phantasy Star, and Dragons Trap as being the best Master System games in my opinion.

Are you collecting the cards or going for the carts? I personally prefer the carts. This is another reason I'm not too upset about getting another region's Buster Douglas. My Sega Card games are primarily the cart versions from other regions. Except Fighting Falcon, I don't believe that was ever not a card. This card-only format might go in line with the game using the old SG-1000 video mode...

soera

« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2014, 10:44:14 pm »
Absolutely doing the carts. Cards are silly. And F-16 comes in a cartridge form but it doesnt say "Fighting falcon" just F-16 Fighter. That game should be at my house in a few days. :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2014, 10:02:38 am »
Soera, didn't Rhapsody give you a complete PS1 collection?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2014, 10:29:06 am »
I think it was a complete PS1 RPG collection?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2014, 10:55:48 am »

You could be right - I just remember him saying that it completed *something* for his PS1 collection  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2014, 11:47:04 am »
Ya I think his goal for PS1 was RPGs for it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2014, 06:25:44 pm »
Panzer Dragoon Saga paid $10 found it @ a garage sale so excited that I did not have to pay the outrageous price it is going for on ebay

soera

« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2014, 08:45:00 pm »

Yep, complete PS1 RPG collection.

anruiukimi

« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2014, 04:44:15 pm »
I paid close to $90 w/tax when I bought Earthbound at ToysRUs back in the day, which was around July of 1995? I only buy the occasional game these days, and I refuse to pay over $100 for anything that doesn't call for it. I have enough expensive hobbies as it is. :P

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2014, 08:01:34 am »
Its swings and roundabouts......

I was lucky and bought a copy of Rendering Ranger r2 for roughly £60 on holiday in Germany in about 1997-98 at a games store and still have it and it goes for between £500-700 now.

But I've also paid a fortune for games now worth nothing like SFC Super SF 2 (£120), N64 Jap Shadow of the empire £110, Winning 11 J-League £120, Virtua fighter 5 ps2 £95 plus others i can't think of off hand and they are probably worth about £5-10 now if i'm lucky  :-[

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2014, 10:14:47 am »
I think I have a new "Most Expensive Game!"  It's something I think is awesome, but it's not impressive at all.  I didn't pay anything close to what these things are going for.

Game & Watch Mickey Mouse w/ Panorama Screen
http://vgcollect.com/item/13000

These things are listed at $300 on the low end on ebay.  Now, that is a Buy it Now, but I guess it's pretty uncommon.  Now if I could just hunt down that Donkey Kong Circus for a reasonable price, I would have all the Panorama Screen Game & Watches.