Author Topic: Refuse to Watch  (Read 3600 times)

htimreimer

Re: Refuse to Watch
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 09:07:30 am »
I also want to add Tyler Perry. I don't know if he is as big outside of the Atlanta Ga area but here for some reason he is a big thing. To me he is like watching a unfunny Martin Lawrence.
tyler perry is not bad actor,director or screenwriter but him and his studio knows an audience that make him money and he exploits it no end

blipcs76

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 09:47:38 am »
I have no problem with people who disagree with me politically, but when a celebrity exposes him/herself in interviews or on Twitter to be outright hateful towards people who have different opinions it puts me off supporting their career.  A few that fell into this pit: Seth MacFarlane, Jaime Foxx, Ellen Barkin, Janene Garafalo, Alec Baldwin.  Just horribly mean towards people who don't share their beliefs.

scott

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 10:32:57 am »
Old spoof movies are some of the best classics out there. Modern ones on the other hand are garbage.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 11:22:35 am »
Old spoof movies are some of the best classics out there. Modern ones on the other hand are garbage.

Blazin' Saddles > Scary Movie 473

htimreimer

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 11:48:25 am »
i dont think the new spoof films are bad as you say, there just forgettable mediocre comedies that will be irrelevant and forgotten within 3 to 5 years. i think a lot of the hate and anger for these movies comes from being overexposed to them, this would not be the first movie franchise to get damaged from overexposure, the halloween and friday the 13th franchises are great examples of overexposure

scott

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 02:46:01 pm »
i dont think the new spoof films are bad as you say, there just forgettable mediocre comedies that will be irrelevant and forgotten within 3 to 5 years.

Nah. Old spoof films were smart and the gags were thought out. New spoof movies seem to be seriously lacking in that department. Nothing in the spoof genre stands up compared to films like Spaceballs, Clue, Murder by Death, Blazing Saddles, the Naked Gun movies or Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

soera

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 02:51:44 pm »
While I dont like spoof movies at all from anytime, I do agree that the more recent ones are playing on fads and stuff that are going to be very outdated or unknown years from now.

htimreimer

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 06:33:09 pm »
While I dont like spoof movies at all from anytime, I do agree that the more recent ones are playing on fads and stuff that are going to be very outdated or unknown years from now.
soera you nailed it, that all these movie are doing and that's why i cant get mad that them because no one is gonna remember these movie's in 2025 and if they do, most of the jokes are gonna be to outdated or unknown to get a laughed or even a emotional response,
it will leave you a emotional dead end.

the old spoof movies will be remember forever for being great and these movie's will eventually just exist in obscure movie pop culture buried under good spoofs and comedies of the past,present and future
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:35:59 pm by htimreimer »

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 09:55:12 pm »
i dont think the new spoof films are bad as you say, there just forgettable mediocre comedies that will be irrelevant and forgotten within 3 to 5 years.

Nah. Old spoof films were smart and the gags were thought out. New spoof movies seem to be seriously lacking in that department. Nothing in the spoof genre stands up compared to films like Spaceballs, Clue, Murder by Death, Blazing Saddles, the Naked Gun movies or Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

No Young Frankenstein? You have 3 MB films and didn't include Young Frankenstein in the mix?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 10:01:32 pm »

No Young Frankenstein? You have 3 MB films and didn't include Young Frankenstein in the mix?
I was just thinking that also Airplane

scott

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 10:13:57 pm »
Ya I meant to add Airplane and Young Frankenstein... but I was at work and typed it fast. haha

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 02:04:38 am »
I also dislike twilight,2012, Tyler perry... I am a troma fan tho when it comes to spoofs
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

trunkwontopen

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 08:35:11 pm »
I also dislike twilight,2012, Tyler perry... I am a troma fan tho when it comes to spoofs

2012 wasn't bad per se, but, then again, I'm a sucker for disaster-based movies like that. Outbreak was my favorite one. But, I also have to second Tyler Perry, or third him.. whatever we are up to now. It's like someone earlier in the thread stated: he found a formula, and its working for him, and as long as people are going to see his movies, he will just end up making more.

I used to like Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, but now, its like they don't know what roles they fit into anymore, and their characters in any movie make the story uncomfortable.

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 01:09:59 am »
I refuse to watch the new Karate Kid. Jackie Chan is awesome, and I have no problem with Wil Smith's boy; bit they trampled on sacred ground. The Karate Kid is Ralph Machio and Mr. Miyagi is Pat Morita. They can make similar movie, or even a down right rip off; but stay off of my childhood.

Karate Kid was a stupid cheesy movie to begin with, I wouldn't really call it "sacred ground."  They got a 23 year old guy to play a kid, and Arnold from Happy Days to play a Karate master.  With all that said, I loved the movie still to this day for what it truly was, an underdog movie.

I went to the movies to watch the remake with the same attitude you had (My ex-wife forced me to watch it), and to much my surprise, I really liked the movie.  I totally agree with everybody else's replies with movies/actors they refuse to watch, but I PROMISE you if you watch the remake, you will not be disappointed.  I would even go as far as to say that the remake is better than the original (Something I usually NEVER say about any movie).

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 01:12:16 am »
I refuse to watch anything Adam Sandler.  I used to like him all the way up to Waterboy (and even then that movie was stupid as hell), but now, he is ridiculously annoying.  I caught bits and pieces of Funny People, and I hated it.