Author Topic: v2 Beta bug report thread  (Read 11651 times)

foxhack

Re: v2 Beta bug report thread
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2013, 12:36:36 am »
My choice - Directly under the game image on the far right side of the screen. It will be in a perfect spot for anyone who just logs into the collect section.
I'm not sure... having the "Add item" button is what made people add lots of dupes. Maybe somewhere else?

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2013, 06:10:52 am »
the misscollored space
it is supposed to display something i guess

tpugmire

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2013, 10:55:31 am »
How about having the "Add New Item" button only on the search results page. That way, people will have to search first, hopefully creating fewer duplicates?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

matt

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2013, 12:03:35 pm »
How about having the "Add New Item" button only on the search results page. That way, people will have to search first, hopefully creating fewer duplicates?

I was thinking about this too...The new submit function forces the user to search so hopefully that in itself will cut down on the dupes.

matt

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 12:04:12 pm »
the misscollored space
it is supposed to display something i guess

This will be were recent forum threads and items will display. I'm not in a hurry to add those though since there are other pressing features missing. It's on the list tho!

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 12:29:37 pm »

I was thinking about this too...The new submit function forces the user to search so hopefully that in itself will cut down on the dupes.

Agreed.  It seems like the only time I'd want it to be easier is if I was adding a series of games that I already knew weren't in there.  But that'd be ONE search, then you could add as many as you wanted once you were on the add page, right?

tripredacus

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 04:52:20 pm »
When I am on a game listing, there is no where I can see if I already have the item in my collection or not.

htimreimer

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2013, 08:15:49 pm »
i got this error when i try to add something to my sell list

atariboy

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 04:41:14 pm »
When I am on a game listing, there is no where I can see if I already have the item in my collection or not.

Ya I was wondering if this feature would be back, also wondering if the feature of seeing how many people have an item in their collection will be back also, I use the latter for repurposing dupes.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

matt

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 05:40:22 pm »

Ya I was wondering if this feature would be back, also wondering if the feature of seeing how many people have an item in their collection will be back also, I use the latter for repurposing dupes.

Yep both will be back shortly!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 07:02:56 pm »
I seem to be having to sign into the site a lot more than I did before. The "Remember Me" check-box isn't quite working like it used to.

atariboy

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2013, 07:56:11 pm »

Nice! looking forward to fixing some dupes  ;D
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

matt

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2013, 11:18:56 pm »

Nice! looking forward to fixing some dupes  ;D

This is working on browse now. Adding it to the search in a few.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2013, 09:36:45 am »
Not sure if you're on this already, but, I added a "dupe" of my own (added the same item to my collection twice instead of just adding one copy; Hitman 2 (PS2) - if you care/can delete one for me:)

And...I can't figure out how to delete the one copy that I don't want  :o

Is there a new way to do this, or is it just something that needs to be fixed?

Thanks, Fearless (and Peerless) Leader  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

pacpix

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2013, 11:29:57 am »
I seem to be having to sign into the site a lot more than I did before. The "Remember Me" check-box isn't quite working like it used to.
I noticed that too.  I figured it was logging me out each time Matt did another update to the site.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)