Author Topic: v2 Beta bug report thread  (Read 11350 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: v2 Beta bug report thread
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2013, 08:25:28 pm »
I don't know if anyone else has run into this yet or not. But this isn't really a bug, more of an annoyance.

I was downloading some games from GoG, and came over here to add them while they were downloading. Only I couldn't see the add to collection buttons and such at the bottom of the screen because the download bar is down there. And I got to thinking about it, and other messages and pop-ups from windows and stuff appear down there as well.

Maybe having the buttons pop-up in a smaller window, or on top of the window instead of the bottom?

What browser are you in? In Chrome the popup with the buttons appear above the download bar.

Internet Explorer, in Windows 8.

soera

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2013, 09:47:03 pm »
Hopefully the item photo is super high on the list. I have 3 items to add to my collection but Im too weird about adding items without pics. :(

matt

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2013, 09:52:14 pm »
Hopefully the item photo is super high on the list. I have 3 items to add to my collection but Im too weird about adding items without pics. :(

haha. I'm working on item edit right now.

After that I have some admin fixes to address and then it's on to images!

soera

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2013, 10:22:50 pm »
Heh thanks. Sorry, its my collection OCD that wont let me put the stuff in my collection without pics. :P

tripredacus

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2013, 11:12:11 am »
Heh I noticed today that the Android app crashes when i try to view my collection. :\

matt

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2013, 01:54:37 pm »
Heh I noticed today that the Android app crashes when i try to view my collection. :\

I honestly haven't thoroughly tested that. I'll look into it tonight.

ffxik

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2013, 03:38:51 am »
Anybody have any ideas on what I can do to try to get that window to actually display correctly.  I can only see half of it. 

Since I'm guessing the remove button is on the right hand side of that panel I can't remove things form my collection.  I need to delete a copy of G-Darius.

Thanks in advance.

matt

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2013, 08:48:11 am »
Anybody have any ideas on what I can do to try to get that window to actually display correctly.  I can only see half of it. 

Since I'm guessing the remove button is on the right hand side of that panel I can't remove things form my collection.  I need to delete a copy of G-Darius.

Thanks in advance.

At this point, not much since the new site requires a resolution of 700ish pixels. I'm going to be addressing this in 2 way. 1) refactor that side so it has a scroll bar. 2) add edit and delete to the item pages. Unfortunately I'm going out of town so that won't happen until next week.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2013, 09:53:42 am »

Thanks in advance.

@MATT -

Could this be the same thing that I'm having trouble with - that 'thing' we've been talking about?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2013, 12:17:04 pm »
The edit page's CSS is also pointing to the wrong address (the dev.vgcollect instead of the normal one.)

And there's some weird funky stuff going on with the text encoding in boxes...

foxhack

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2013, 02:07:53 pm »
Also, line breaks are no longer displayed in the item pages. The text boxes have the line breaks, but the actual listings don't have any, so all the text is smushed together.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2013, 07:03:55 pm »
When I try to edit an item in my collect to select if it has a case, manual, and all that stuff; none of the information changes after clicking the submit button.

I was trying to check the boxes to add the manual, case, and artwork for Marvel vs. Capcom on Dreamcast, and it didn't work.

foxhack

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2013, 08:36:42 pm »
When I try to edit an item in my collect to select if it has a case, manual, and all that stuff; none of the information changes after clicking the submit button.

I was trying to check the boxes to add the manual, case, and artwork for Marvel vs. Capcom on Dreamcast, and it didn't work.

I just browsed your collection and the checkboxes are ticked.

Any changes to your item's box / cart / etc. details don't seem to show up until you reload the page or click on another item, then back to the one you just changed.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:39:01 pm by foxhack »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2013, 01:28:22 am »

I just browsed your collection and the checkboxes are ticked.

Any changes to your item's box / cart / etc. details don't seem to show up until you reload the page or click on another item, then back to the one you just changed.

I did reload the page, and I tried to go somewhere else and come back. So it must take a certain amount of time to show up.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2013, 02:12:28 am »
So there does not seem to be a way to tell if you have added an item to your collection from the item page anymore....  I accidentally added a few things twice thinking they were not done already....