Author Topic: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?  (Read 18905 times)

Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?
« on: August 12, 2013, 12:21:46 pm »
I am personally getting a PS4 at launch, not the XBO though.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 12:27:38 pm »

Same.

Pre-ordered my PS4 as soon as they went up on Amazon!

I (since I already have a 3DS-XL), really have no interest in the X-Box 180 (M$) and/or the Wii-U (Nintendo), at this time.

Once I get my PS4, though, and learn more about its cross-functionality w/ the Vita...I may consider waiting for (both a Vita *AND* the Vita's memory card) price-drop; then start thinking more seriously about adding a Vita to my collection.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 12:41:27 pm »

Same.

Pre-ordered my PS4 as soon as they went up on Amazon!

I (since I already have a 3DS-XL), really have no interest in the X-Box 180 (M$) and/or the Wii-U (Nintendo), at this time.

Once I get my PS4, though, and learn more about its cross-functionality w/ the Vita...I may consider waiting for (both a Vita *AND* the Vita's memory card) price-drop; then start thinking more seriously about adding a Vita to my collection.

That's very similar to me. I have a 3DS XL, but not a Wii U or Vita.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 01:08:09 pm »
I'll be picking up a PS4 shortly after launch.  I have a high-end gaming PC and will never own an Xbox of any kind.

soera

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 01:17:45 pm »
I have a PS4 on reserve. I will not be getting an Xbox 180.

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 01:29:38 pm »
I'll get a PS4 once inFamous comes out.
I may get an Xbox One at some point if any interesting exclusives actually get announced for it AND if a SKU that doesn't include the Kinect is released.

scott

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 01:53:44 pm »
I have a PS4 on reserve currently. I'm not planning on buying the Xbone at all and don't see myself ever buying one. The Wii U I am going to get after the price drops but am planning on buying games for it beforehand if ones I'm interested in crop up.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 02:04:02 pm »
I may get an Xbox One at some point if any interesting exclusives actually get announced for it AND if a SKU that doesn't include the Kinect is released.

Heh, yeah...I wasn't even thinking of the "Kinect" thing, either -but- it most definitely is (for me, at least) one HELL of a turn-off.

Now, I don't "slam" any company and/or console just for the fuck of it (nor do I (NUMBER ONE): try to *CONVERT* ANYBODY, think any less of them, talk down to them, or, really, even give a shit about what they might like to play -and- what handheld/console/PC that they might like to play it on), I also never start (and *try* my best to never) get drawn into and/or take part/sides in anything that's as (IMO) immature, pointless, futile, and as much of a waste of time as "Console Wars" (aka: "Reassure me, as I'm really fucking insecure" and/or "purchase-justification" threads & topics) are.

Actually, that's one of the things that I like & respect so much about the vast majority of the poseurs...erm...aah...Ahem! *Posters* here  ;)

The fact that, while it's pretty obvious to me (and, I'm sure, most of the "regulars" here), what each other's *Preferred* systems & companies are (mine's Sony -the Playstations, in particular)...the discussion and, more importantly, *Especially* any debates and/or disagreements all tend to stay mature, well thought-out -and- with thoughts & explanations given to 'back-up' what we say, and, *VERY* Importantly...*IMPERSONAL*.

So much better than shit-holes like (*some* of) the boards & posters that I've found on places like G*Faqs are  8)

So, once again, I feel the need to thank Saint Jobocan for having this place in his G*Faq's sig ==> leading me to here!  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 03:51:49 pm »
I plan on getting a Wii U, when I have the money for a next-gen system. PS4 and Xbox One just look like more of the same. Nintendo is at still trying to be creative and giving us something new.

I know the Wii U isn't off to a great start, but then hasn't that been the story of every Nintendo console since the N64?

haloofthesun

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 04:46:36 pm »
I'll be getting a PS4 eventually. XB1 is a no-go, unless they keep all their policies that they've backpedaled into AND drop the mandatory Kinect.

I plan on getting a Wii U, when I have the money for a next-gen system. PS4 and Xbox One just look like more of the same. Nintendo is at still trying to be creative and giving us something new.

I know the Wii U isn't off to a great start, but then hasn't that been the story of every Nintendo console since the N64?

The Wii U is actually a lot of fun! A lot of the negativity comes from the ever-present "Nintendoomed since 1889!!!!!" people and the people (usually a member of the former group) that have to reassure everyone that they're a "hardcore gamer" by saying bad things about Nintendo. The Wii U is admittedly off to a slower start than any of their consoles ever have been and they've been making some strange decisions, but they've got some incredibly strong first party games on the way which should (hopefully) entice third party developers more, which, as you pointed out, has been the cycle since the N64:

*Nintendo releases new console
*3rd party devs skeptical and thus offer more support to other consoles
*Nintendo releases awesome games
*3rd party devs come back

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 05:05:29 pm »
I already have the Wii U and I will get a PS4 not at launch but later. Xbox is still Ice to me and I'll be watching to see if they go 180 on their 180

pacpix

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 05:07:28 pm »
Not really interested in any consoles right now.  That will probably change when Zelda WiiU is released though... :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

tpugmire

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 07:08:03 pm »
According to an article I just read, the Kinect is now optional. This thing is doing more 180's than Tony Hawk. Still not buying one. I think I'll stick to the Wii U.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

jobocan

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 07:26:15 pm »
According to an article I just read, the Kinect is now optional. This thing is doing more 180's than Tony Hawk. Still not buying one. I think I'll stick to the Wii U.

I've seen many rumors, but all of them ended up being false so far. If it's true... well the console will still need some good exclusives for me to want it. Anything else that I'm interested in I'll be able to play on PC and PS4.

*EDIT*

Ah, just saw the news. It's still unclear if there's gonna be a SKU that doesn't have the Kinect. The only confirmation I found is that you're not required to hook it up to the Xbox One for the console to function. I don't want the Kinect at all, I refuse to pay extra for something I won't ever use.

Also: Am I the only one trying really hard to not call it the Xbone?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:49:04 pm by jobocan »

scott

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 08:53:57 pm »
I usually try to not say Xbone, but I was on my phone earlier and it was faster than Xbox One. haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread