Author Topic: How Is Your SNES Gaming Going?  (Read 4449 times)

azure

Re: How Is Your SNES Gaming Going?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 02:34:16 pm »
Mine is going pretty good I recently got Megaman X 1-3 from my friends brother.

jobocan

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 12:05:40 am »
I just finished playing through Megaman X2. Great game, though I still slightly prefer 1. It is my first time completing it, actually.
I did cheat to find some of the sub/heart tanks so I could Shoryuken through some boss fights at the end though.

My SNES is gonna be hooked up for a while, so I'll probably end up playing some more stuff soon.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 08:04:20 pm »
To pan the flames of war between Secret of Evermore and Secret of Mana, I found that Secret of Evermore is a little more difficult since enemies and/or surroundings can lower your health quickly if you're not careful.

Super Nintendo, in general...  Looking for the Lufia series, Soulblazer, Dragon View, and Terranigma.  Loved playing them but I sadly never got around to acquiring them.

Goof Troop was so awesome to finish and play.  Battle Toads was epic fun and frustratingly difficult at the same time.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

bobster

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 03:48:14 pm »
I found Secret of Mana easier to level up your weapons. While Evermore is awesome, leveling the weapons each time you get them sucks. About a month ago I played them Mana then Evermore and evermore was overall more difficult. But the story and writing for Evermore is better!

I'm about to start playing Super Mario RPG. Hope it's as good as I remember!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 04:16:22 pm »
I'm hoping to start gathering up SNES shmups soon. So hopefully my SNES gaming will start getting better soon.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 01:35:04 pm »
Just played through some Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi before leaving to my Grandma's for Thanksgiving. Didn't want to get into anything too deep, so I chose that.

Dang, I forgot how freaking hard these games were! They don't give you break on the first stage, even. They just throw you in a land-speeder, full-speed ahead, watch out for obstacles and pits, no tutorial at all or controls explanation. Just "Go now! Don't die!"

But man, that light-saber double-jump attack sure is sweet. It's like the Metroid Screw Attack, but it's a default attack!

brunauss

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 02:53:33 pm »
Still playing Super Mario Kart and having concerns it might actually be wearing out LOL
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 01:01:44 am »
I think I sold my Goof Troop and BlackThorne.  Good memories with those games.  ESPECIALLY Goof Troop.  Thinking of building a bigger collection, sadly it's too expensive meeting my expectation of a complete copy.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 07:26:11 pm »
I think I sold my Goof Troop and BlackThorne.  Good memories with those games.  ESPECIALLY Goof Troop.  Thinking of building a bigger collection, sadly it's too expensive meeting my expectation of a complete copy.

Then lower your expectations. Why miss out on great games just because you want the flimsy SNES cardboard boxes?

If you really just HAVE TO HAVE it complete, you can get sturdier plastic boxes online now, with the artwork in them.

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 09:33:19 pm »

Then lower your expectations. Why miss out on great games just because you want the flimsy SNES cardboard boxes?

If you really just HAVE TO HAVE it complete, you can get sturdier plastic boxes online now, with the artwork in them.

I'm starting to become picky like that too, so I'm going to have to re-purchase all of my loose copies, with the actual cardboard, not a bootleg plastic case.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 01:34:38 am »
Thank you for sharing your obsession, Oheao!

soera

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 10:19:46 am »
I wish I didnt already have cardboard boxes for almost all my SNES games (only missing Super Mario RPG now) cause I like the clamshell + artwork boxes more. They dont have the issue of being bent/creased when opened multiple times ... they are already protected from elements/accidents and they just look better.

bobster

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 10:35:17 am »
I wish I didnt already have cardboard boxes for almost all my SNES games (only missing Super Mario RPG now) cause I like the clamshell + artwork boxes more. They dont have the issue of being bent/creased when opened multiple times ... they are already protected from elements/accidents and they just look better.

I'll gladly switch situations with you =P.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 01:31:58 am »
If only I knew you or stumbled onto VGCollect earlier...

I looked for the best price I could find on eBay and Amazon for a complete copy of Super Mario RPG for my brother as a gift.  I think I found and won a copy with the box, instruction manual, map, cartridge case, and game on a decently-priced bid.  Turns out he only wanted the manual, maybe even the map, to consider a SNES game complete and didn't care for the others!  I was upset, at first, after all the effort, time, and money I paid for that complete copy.  Then I somewhat shrugged the feeling off and didn't care to retrieve the box from the bin.  It was only recently that I found out that the important individual pieces are considered sellable!

Now, I'm regretting never saving that box as I could at least get some money back or could have helped you out.

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 02:34:35 am »
Very, very good actually. I am currently playing Chrono Trigger for the first time and I can easily say it is a top 10 SNES game for me.

On the collecting side of things I have been a SNES magnet recently. I hunt most of my games in the wild (have to collect on a budget), and found Earthbound, Shadowrun and Breath of Fire II (CIB) on New Years Day and a hidden spot of mine. And just a month ago I found Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for $50. Not a steal, but deifinitely better than $100+ on Ebay ;)