Author Topic: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 18907 times)

jobocan

Re: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2013, 07:23:31 pm »
feels soooo good!

Good to know!
I'll be grabbing a PS4 next year when inFamous comes out, I'm happy to hear that the controller is fine.

scott

« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2013, 08:46:34 pm »
Congrats Foxhack! Glad to see something going your way for a change. :D
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

spac316

« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2013, 10:19:22 pm »
Ok, Just got...
Adventures of Lolo for NES, Activision Anthology for PS2, Clockwork Knight for Sega Saturn and Jumping Flash! for PS1.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2013, 11:59:53 pm »
Grats Fox, but I'm a little disappointed you just plan to sell them on ebay.  :-\

I realize that you (hell, most folks here) haven't known me for long or know what I do for a living.

I'm an eBay reseller. Though I -am- a collector, I also make a living off of selling games, computer software, movies, and other things online. I typically sell common stuff but sometimes I hit the jackpot with things like these. Sometimes I keep them and sometimes I sell them, not because I want to, but because I have to. Living in Mexico while hunting for things and selling them in the US has kept my family afloat for several years. Things have been tight, but we've been able to live OK since dollars are worth quite a bit here. I don't like being a reseller, but I really have no other choice, since there's no jobs where I live in the US side of town, and I don't want to work 8 hours to get paid less than 10 dollars a day in Mexico.

I've been trying to upgrade my computer since 2010. This has been the closest I've been to being able to do so since 2011.

I have a ton of valuable DC, PS1, PS2 and PC games in my collection. I've been debating selling them off to fund the upgrades. Now that this happened, I won't have to, and I'll gladly sacrifice something I found instead of my own items that I would very much like to play through one day. I'm not selling Snatcher and Popful just because money ding ding ding! If I could, I'd keep them.

Sorry to disappoint you. But the first thing I thought of when I saw this was "FINALLY. I CAN FIX MY PC." Not profit. Just improvement.

I know this feel....  For the past few months everything I do is to support my family....  I even sold my  Xbox 360 just today....  It will be a long time before I can buy something without thinking of how to pay bills....  Good luck....

pacpix

« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2013, 12:33:15 am »
The mailman brought me a present today.

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2013, 12:38:36 am »
Picked up a nice little find.

Has it's box and system is in great shape.

Console #197
(and I can already predict what my 200th console will be) lol

Nice!  I scored one of those by chance when a friend of a friend asked if I'd be willing to buy it for like $50 or so.  It had the box and inserts and everything, and had a game inside of it already.  I think he threw in a complete boxed GBA copy of Super Mario, too.  Seemed like a lot of money at the time (this was in 2006), but I'm still glad I have it now.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

blipcs76

« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2013, 09:29:27 am »
Just in case nobody believes me...

$15 total. The discs have some scratches and Snatcher appears to be a former rental. I'm keeping D and Mansion of Hidden Souls. The others will be sold off to pay for a new computer.

After I play them, of course.  8)

Amazing find on Popful Mail and Snatcher!  Contrats!!!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2013, 09:34:29 am »
Grats Fox, but I'm a little disappointed you just plan to sell them on ebay.  :-\

I realize that you (hell, most folks here) haven't known me for long or know what I do for a living.

I'm an eBay reseller. Though I -am- a collector, I also make a living off of selling games, computer software, movies, and other things online. I typically sell common stuff but sometimes I hit the jackpot with things like these. Sometimes I keep them and sometimes I sell them, not because I want to, but because I have to. Living in Mexico while hunting for things and selling them in the US has kept my family afloat for several years. Things have been tight, but we've been able to live OK since dollars are worth quite a bit here. I don't like being a reseller, but I really have no other choice, since there's no jobs where I live in the US side of town, and I don't want to work 8 hours to get paid less than 10 dollars a day in Mexico.

I've been trying to upgrade my computer since 2010. This has been the closest I've been to being able to do so since 2011.

I have a ton of valuable DC, PS1, PS2 and PC games in my collection. I've been debating selling them off to fund the upgrades. Now that this happened, I won't have to, and I'll gladly sacrifice something I found instead of my own items that I would very much like to play through one day. I'm not selling Snatcher and Popful just because money ding ding ding! If I could, I'd keep them.

Sorry to disappoint you. But the first thing I thought of when I saw this was "FINALLY. I CAN FIX MY PC." Not profit. Just improvement.

Nothing wrong w/ what you're doing, brother Fox  ;)

Certainly no need to justify and/or explain yourself to anybody...anywhere; either  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #188 on: October 31, 2013, 11:31:42 am »

Nothing wrong w/ what you're doing, brother Fox  ;)

Certainly no need to justify and/or explain yourself to anybody...anywhere; either  ;D

Yup, I concur.  Of all people, Foxhack would be the sort of seller I'd want to deal with.  eBay is chockfull of sellers who just don't care about the items and are just hoping to rip someone off.  Admittedly, I've never bought anything from him, but I have a feeling he's not the sort who'd just drop a jewel case into a manila envelope and call it a day.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2013, 11:44:33 am »
My pickup isn't rare in terms of how many were made but it is pretty rare for me since I don't buy new releases. I just bought WWE 2K14 yesterday for the ps3.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #190 on: October 31, 2013, 01:00:37 pm »
My pickup isn't rare in terms of how many were made but it is pretty rare for me since I don't buy new releases. I just bought WWE 2K14 yesterday for the ps3.

You've got to let me know how it is. I completely fell in love with the story mode on WWE '13.

« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2013, 01:43:39 pm »
WORMS (team17 humble bundle)

desocietas

« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2013, 10:27:32 pm »

It's Nov 2, no?  *looks at Foxhack and Scott*
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »

Uh?

I actually didn't want to buy that bundle because Humble changed a bunch of things around and now requires us to log into Steam before being able to claim the games - which means we can't give away our spares easily.

desocietas

« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2013, 11:25:51 pm »

Uh?

I actually didn't want to buy that bundle because Humble changed a bunch of things around and now requires us to log into Steam before being able to claim the games - which means we can't give away our spares easily.

Oh, I just was "looking" at you because that post might need to be moved to the November thread (which I created after I posted the reply).

Yeah, I heard about the change in the Humble key thing... which means my "sell list" (which was really just a list for dupes to trade or give away later) might be pared down quite a bit in the future :(
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas