Author Topic: PSP??  (Read 3632 times)

Re: PSP??
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 12:18:42 pm »
jeanne d'arc ftw!  Great game for psp

scott

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 12:20:36 pm »

Been on my radar for years, but I can never find a local copy w/ the original case. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 05:23:37 pm »

Been on my radar for years, but I can never find a local copy w/ the original case. :(

Bummer....  I see them all the time in my area....  Maybe I'll grab one next time I spot it and pay it forward for ya....  They're usually STUPID cheap....

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 11:24:41 pm »
For me, the psp is better handle than the ds (is my likes). There a bunch of tittles, specially on jrpg games. Also you can easly mod it and play emulators (nes, snes, sega genesis, ps1, etc) and also play backups games from the memory stick, but its better to have the game because you are giving the real love for gaming. For me this are the best games that I real enjoyed play them:

Rpg games:
Brave Story (the best one)
Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4 and Tactics
Final Fantasy Dissidia 1 and 2
Hexzy Force
Crimsom Gem Saga
Tales of Eternia
Valkery Profile
Star Ocean 1 and 2
Y's series
Jeanne D'Arc
Kingdom Hearts
Monster Hunter (I think there are 3 games)

Powe Stone
Ghost and golbins
Naruto (all the releases are good)
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road
Dante Inferno
God of War (both)
All Metal Gear games (i think are 5) except metal gear acid 1 and 2

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 11:50:24 pm »
I believe he means that using a Vita means having to buy PSP games digitally, and forgoing physical releases. But who would want to do that?  :P

Yep, exactly. I really do wish there were a means of playing UMDs on the Vita, even if it meant slaving the PSP to it, but alas, no such luck :/

Still, even on its own, the PSP is really an underrated handheld. I always hear how there are no games for it, but that really only applies to Western-developed stuff... but I'd be hard-pressed to think of any handheld that really has a substantial number of those games, apart from disposable side games meant to squeeze a little more blood from certain franchises.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 02:09:35 am »
I believe he means that using a Vita means having to buy PSP games digitally, and forgoing physical releases. But who would want to do that?  :P

Yep, exactly. I really do wish there were a means of playing UMDs on the Vita, even if it meant slaving the PSP to it, but alas, no such luck :/

Still, even on its own, the PSP is really an underrated handheld. I always hear how there are no games for it, but that really only applies to Western-developed stuff... but I'd be hard-pressed to think of any handheld that really has a substantial number of those games, apart from disposable side games meant to squeeze a little more blood from certain franchises.

Hmmm....  Makes me want to experiment with a hardware mod....

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 09:43:01 am »
For me, the psp is better handle than the ds (is my likes). There a bunch of tittles, specially on jrpg games. Also you can easly mod it and play emulators (nes, snes, sega genesis, ps1, etc) and also play backups games from the memory stick, but its better to have the game because you are giving the real love for gaming. For me this are the best games that I real enjoyed play them:

Rpg games:
Hexzy Force
Crimsom Gem Saga
Tales of Eternia
Valkery Profile
Star Ocean 1 and 2
Jeanne D'Arc

You, sir...I greatly approve of your tastes  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

brunauss

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 11:35:09 pm »

Rpg games:
Hexzy Force
Crimsom Gem Saga
Tales of Eternia
Valkery Profile
Star Ocean 1 and 2
Jeanne D'Arc

You, sir...I greatly approve of your tastes  ;D

Second.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 02:15:09 am »
Don't forget about Gungnir, Ragnarok Tactics, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Yggdra Union, Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Tactics Ogre, Ys Seven and Oath in Felghana, and on and on... so much good stuff!

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 11:29:14 am »
Don't forget about Gungnir, Ragnarok Tactics, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Yggdra Union, Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Tactics Ogre, Ys Seven and Oath in Felghana, and on and on... so much good stuff!

Trails in the Sky is one that I am specifically wanting still....  Most others I have already (though I'd like to get some of the premium editions too), but Trails in the Sky has eluded me thus far....

scott

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 01:11:26 pm »
Ragnarok Tactics is pretty good. But man the tutorial level seemed to drag on forever.

The PSP is a goldmine for SRPGs.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 02:06:29 pm »
The PSP (and the DS) are goldmines for SRPGs.

Fix'd -and-

Q.F.T.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 02:26:29 pm »

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 03:45:39 pm »
Speaking of SRPGs, I'm still pissed that Sega didn't release Valkyria Chronicles III here. There's a translation in progress, but as always, it's up in the air whether it'll actually be completed until it's actually completed. Argh, Segaaaaaa!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 04:00:35 pm »
Speaking of SRPGs, I'm still pissed that Sega didn't release Valkyria Chronicles III here. There's a translation in progress, but as always, it's up in the air whether it'll actually be completed until it's actually completed. Argh, Segaaaaaa!

Shit...I'm still pissed that VC2 didn't get a proper console-release  >:(