Author Topic: Current Collection Goals?  (Read 14498 times)

pacpix

Re: Current Collection Goals?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 02:18:16 am »
I really just buy whatever looks interesting to me at the time, but I have a few long term goals:

1. Complete Wizardry series set including variants
        The hardest part on this will be hunting down all the computer ports.  May never achieve this one.
2. Get a complete in box Odyssey 2 US set
        For some reason this system interests me and 99% of the boxed games are cheap!
3. Fill in all missing VGCollect data in my collection.
        I do this one in spurts.  Sometimes I spend the whole weekend doing edits, other times I go weeks without one.  I get tired of the box text edits!             
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 08:25:15 am »
I guess some other goals would be something like this:

- Repurchase all traded/sold NES, PS2, Xbox games I got rid of years ago.
- Go through the database and build legit wishlists for each console I own.
- Build a collection of best PS3 exclusives.
- Buy more SHMUPs (especially SNES and 360 ones)
- Hit 100 PS2 games
- Continue building my Saturn collection
- Continue my Castlevania collection
- Enter in all missing data for games in my collection.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 09:22:28 am »
I've really tried to narrow down my spending on collecting so my wish list isn't too big!

- I decided last week I'm going to focus on Dreamcast collecting. Possibly going for a complete set!
- Buy the Zelda: Link Between Worlds 3DS bundle and finally have a 3DS. (I was hoping for a deal during black Friday etc. T_T)
- Continue looking out for SNES games but remembering that those things are expensive now :/.

Currently Playing: The Witcher

bobster

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 09:23:25 am »
My current goal is largely just getting rid of the stuff I don't play and just have games I really want in my possession. The whole collecting thing was fun, but now I just wanna keep stuff I'll actually play. Still keeping a lot though!

And I'm still on the lookout for a couple things, so I'm not completely out of things :P
I go through phases of this as well. It usually corresponds to how my finances are looking lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

blipcs76

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 10:09:20 am »
Right now I've refocused on NES.  I recently finished my boxed Konami gray box collection, now I'm working on getting all the loose black box Nintendo titles, I have 4 or 5 left to go.  Getting close to the 50% mark; probably there already if I don't count unlicensed.

Other than that, I've recently started working on N64.  Prices are pretty reasonable yet, so a full set (minus color variants and 'not for resale') is pretty sensibly within reach.

karyann

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 11:18:39 am »
Well, I have younger cousins (<10 years old) and they love the NES and Genesis. My friends are like your friends though, obsessing over COD and GTA.

I don't like youngsters all that much, except maybe those who are really calm and mature, so you're braver than I am I guess ;D My collector friend and my brother are the only ones who would play with me, but we live pretty far apart from each other, so we can't play together all that much. And my boyfriend is more of a PC gamer, so we rarely play together too.

Okay, if I get back on topic, I guess my next goals are:
* Get to 300 games (almost there, I have 285 right now)
* Get more NeoGeo Pocket Color games
* Get a PS Vita
* Get more PSP games

I just noticed yesterday how my PSP wishlist has grown recently. The wishlist is now bigger than the collection itself! But it's hard to find PSP games in here, especially for a reasonable price...

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 11:55:47 am »
I just noticed yesterday how my PSP wishlist has grown recently. The wishlist is now bigger than the collection itself! But it's hard to find PSP games in here, especially for a reasonable price...

My local GSs still have PSP games, so let me know if there's something you're looking for!  I can keep an eye out for you.  Not a huge chance that it'll be complete, but you never know!  I was passing by some city on a roadtrip and thought I'd ask the clerk for a particular pre-owned PSP game (Class of Heroes), and she had it behind the counter all CIB and minty.

I guess that goes for anyone who's looking for something that might be cheap at Gamestop.  Sometimes their non-market prices really pay off (like when they were selling new copies of Dark Spire (with music CD) for $5).  If you find that it's not available where you are but might be around San Francisco, let me know :)

An addition to my list:
6. Fix my sell list now that digital bundle policies have changed -__-
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:57:31 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 12:46:52 pm »
My local GSs still have PSP games, so let me know if there's something you're looking for!  I can keep an eye out for you.  Not a huge chance that it'll be complete, but you never know!  I was passing by some city on a roadtrip and thought I'd ask the clerk for a particular pre-owned PSP game (Class of Heroes), and she had it behind the counter all CIB and minty.

I guess that goes for anyone who's looking for something that might be cheap at Gamestop.  Sometimes their non-market prices really pay off (like when they were selling new copies of Dark Spire (with music CD) for $5).  If you find that it's not available where you are but might be around San Francisco, let me know :)

My local GS also has PSP games, but they're usually ridiculously priced. Still, I recently found Every Extend Extra for $1 there, so it varies a lot...

Thank you for the offer, that's very kind! :) There's nothing that I desperately want yet (holiday season might help that feeling with the cost of stuff... haha) but when I get the urge to buy a new PSP game, I'll hit you up if I can't find it! Thanks again  ;D

jobocan

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 07:00:18 pm »
My current goal is largely just getting rid of the stuff I don't play and just have games I really want in my possession. The whole collecting thing was fun, but now I just wanna keep stuff I'll actually play. Still keeping a lot though!

And I'm still on the lookout for a couple things, so I'm not completely out of things :P
I go through phases of this as well. It usually corresponds to how my finances are looking lol.

Strangely enough, my finances are going great. I just go bored of buying/having games I'd never play :P

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 07:02:36 pm »
Well, I have younger cousins (<10 years old) and they love the NES and Genesis. My friends are like your friends though, obsessing over COD and GTA.

I don't like youngsters all that much, except maybe those who are really calm and mature, so you're braver than I am I guess ;D My collector friend and my brother are the only ones who would play with me, but we live pretty far apart from each other, so we can't play together all that much. And my boyfriend is more of a PC gamer, so we rarely play together too.

Well, I do have a twin brother who's into gaming too (I'm not lying, I'm dead serious), so I almost always have someone.

insektmute

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 03:58:19 pm »
I've got a fair number of tasks on my list:
- Trying to finish out the last bits of 'most wanted' PS3, 360, DS, and PSP games.
- Save up for a PS4, Saturn, Neo-Geo MVS + Vogatek IV supergun, and RGB > HDMI converter.
- Catch up on accessories I want/need. I've got a bunch of controllers that need replacing, need a Wii RemotePlus, a better PS2 arcade stick than my Tekken 5 one, etc.
- Maybe some additional storage/reorg to prepare for new console stuff.

numing

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 08:44:13 pm »
Thought about this earlier to keep myself somewhat focused next year.
1. Complete my wanted list of Wii and DS games (around 70-80ish games to go)
2. This means finding a copy of Dokapon Kingdom for the Wii :c
3. A complete PAL Atelier series collection

Then sometime in the future:
4. Buy a boxed Neo Geo Pocket Colour, and then build up a CIB collection for it (probably won't go for a complete set)
5. And maybe finally get myself a PSP and start collecting for that too

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 09:24:01 pm »
2. This means finding a copy of Dokapon Kingdom for the Wii :c

Haha, Dokapon Kingdom is good.  Let me know what your price range for it is, and I'll keep an eye out for it.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 04:22:15 pm »
1. Complete my wanted list of Wii and DS games (around 70-80ish games to go)

I like that kind of goal, it's just high enough for me to be believable and motivating, while not seeming uninteresting haha (when there's only a few left, I tend to get bored)

Haha, Dokapon Kingdom is good.  Let me know what your price range for it is, and I'll keep an eye out for it.
I see you've got both versions, is one better than the other? I have the PS2 version and while it's frustrating sometimes, I really like it now and then.

desocietas

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 06:20:17 pm »
I see you've got both versions, is one better than the other? I have the PS2 version and while it's frustrating sometimes, I really like it now and then.

I think I originally played the Wii version but not the PS2 version, but it's been so long now I can't really recall.  I bought the PS2 version because it was like $5 at Gamestop but for some reason goes for over 10 times that amount.  There's a copy of the Wii version at my local shop for $25 I believe - let me know if you ever want me to pick it up for you.

The Wii version is probably the same, I'd think.  Controls are pretty basic and gameplay can be ridiculous but still fun, especially with friends.

I want to find Dokapon Journey for the DS (supposed to have different gameplay from the other consoles) but should've gotten it earlier - it's going up in price, too.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas