Author Topic: Current Collection Goals?  (Read 13709 times)

Current Collection Goals?
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:45:36 pm »
I don't know if this has already been made, sorry if it has. I'm wondering, what are your current goals considering your collection? Since I saved up for and got a PS4, my #1 goal was accomplished. Here are my next goals:
1. Find a working SNES! I have 2 and for some reason they rarely turn on. I have no idea what's wrong with them.
2. Get Complete/Non Re-release (GH/P'sC/PH) versions of all games owned
3. Get a Wii U/PlayStation Vita
4. Get all games previously owned

desocietas

Re: Current Collection Goals?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:53:17 pm »
I know we have this thread: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,650.0/

But I feel like that's more for after your goals are completed.

Just some quick thoughts for my collection.

1. I, too, would like a Vita.
2. Or a PS3.
3. Fill out my PS1/PS2 RPG collection.
4. GET AROUND TO PLAYING ALL OF MY GAMES.
6. Organize my games properly and make sure the right game is in the right box  ::)
5. Do a proper audit of my collection for VGC and update for box text and back covers.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:58:49 pm »
6. Organize my games properly and make sure the right game is in the right box  ::)

Yeah, I should try to play all of my games too. I have most most of them though. Yeah, I have all of my games in alphabetical order, although when other people come over to play games they always mess up the order  >:(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:00:58 pm »

Yeah, I should try to play all of my games too. I have most most of them though. Yeah, I have all of my games in alphabetical order, although when other people come over to play games they always mess up the order  >:(

You can actually get people to come over and play your retro games with you? Most people just ask me why I don't play Call of Duty, GTA V, or Madden instead.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:03:04 pm »

You can actually get people to come over and play your retro games with you? Most people just ask me why I don't play Call of Duty, GTA V, or Madden instead.

Well, I have younger cousins (<10 years old) and they love the NES and Genesis. My friends are like your friends though, obsessing over COD and GTA.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:12:01 pm »
I'm tired of getting sidetracked. I'm focusing on my NES collection again. All this other stuff is cool and all, but NES is my first love.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 09:17:50 pm »
I'm tired of getting sidetracked. I'm focusing on my NES collection again. All this other stuff is cool and all, but NES is my first love.

Yeah, I'm going to try to get complete copies for my NES games... That might be a nightmare.

soera

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 09:59:37 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to try to get complete copies for my NES games... That will be a nightmare.

Fixed your post for you.

As far as my collecting goals, lets see.
#1 - Finish my complete SMS set. 22 8 titles to go. Its going to be cool when its done!
#2 - CDX. I still owe a bit on it but once I get it finished, its time to get some cool Sega CD games. And a plug for the system.
#3 - Turbo Grafx magazines. There are 3 different series of magazines for the TG. Turbo Force, Turbo Play, and Duo World. I am only missing 8 issues from all 3 combined to have an entire completed set. Its not something that pops up very often so when its done, it will be pretty nice.
#4 - Strategy guides for my PS1 collection. 116 to go.
#5 - PS3/PS4. Still some games I want for my PS3. I also want to get a PS4 for Diablo III Ultimate edition and Elder Scrolls online.
#6 - NES wall. I have one that I want to replace the label on (Wario's woods) and then just fill as many spots as I can.
#7 - Odds and ends. Mario RPG box. Sealed Krull for Atari. Magic knight Rayearth and a Saturn.

After that, its just sit and enjoy what I have. I will probably never finish #6 and Ill always have DQ stuff to look for but my collecting part of my life is nearing an end point. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 01:53:33 am by soera »

jobocan

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 10:00:44 pm »
My current goal is largely just getting rid of the stuff I don't play and just have games I really want in my possession. The whole collecting thing was fun, but now I just wanna keep stuff I'll actually play. Still keeping a lot though!

And I'm still on the lookout for a couple things, so I'm not completely out of things :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 10:10:53 pm »
I'm actually gonna focus more on modern games.

I already have a lot of classic games. Not every game I want (I doubt that will ever happen, my wishlist just continues to grow and grow, especially in the last few years as I've followed Classic Game Room, Gamester81, and Irate Gamer). But enough for now. And because of that, I actually missed out on a bit the last couple of years.

And I REALLY, REALLY want a 3DS and a Wii U. And new systems mean new games.

I'd also like to get a PSP, I still don't have one.

scott

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 10:21:33 pm »
I think my main thing at the moment is catching up on PS3 games that I missed out on, since I was nearing 360 fanboyism last gen.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 10:34:19 pm »
My Major Goal is going to be finishing my "core" N64 collection, anything after the final 5 is just extra
other than that
-find a Power Base Converter so I can actually play the Master System games I have
-expand my Saturn and Dreamcast collection
-Finally buy some Universal Game Cases so I can actually display certain games
-Remember to buy the Atlus and NIS games when they come out (I did a little better this year)

sin2beta

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 10:44:47 pm »
These are my main ones:
1) Finish my 32x collection (not something I set out to do, but it's so small it is easy to just finish)
2) As a subset finish the CD 32x games
3) Wall o' Genesis (nothing specific. I just want a bookshelf full of Genesis carts)
4) Complete Game Gear and SMS US Sets
5) Buy 360 games for the next few years regularly while they are cheap on Amazon.
6) Do I want an SG1000 or not (it is my goal to decide. It seems redundant and necessary at the same time)
7) Do I need an MSX (for a Microsoft collection, is this necessary? They do look cool...)

Possible things I'm toying around with
1) 3DO collection (I honestly like FMV)
2) Neo Geo CD/Pocket collection
3) Atari collection (seems like a whole segment of gaming I'm missing)
4) Best of the Best NES collection
5) Sega arcade collection (If I had room and money for electromechanical games, this would not be a question)
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 01:19:49 am »
Not really collecting but the next gaming purchases I have in mind are -

1) Buy a Vita
2) Buy armfuls of doujin games I've been meaning to buy but not got around to

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 01:53:07 am »
In no particular order:

*Save money to buy PS4 and Vita: really hoping that an actual bundle becomes available.  Get the Vita TV stateside also!
*Look around to create and build Sega Saturn/Genesis collection: lots of nostalgia with friends and elder brother on this.
*Buy or build cabinet to hold my collection: currently sharing one with my second-eldest brother and not working well.
*Organize/dispose of unrelated items: so I can finally upload a picture of my Game Room.
*Buy TV and/or adapters to make consoles compatible: a necessity.
*Finish some games I played: very long backlog list.

Will update or reply again once I remember the others.

Please check out the games I have for sale.