Author Topic: Your 10/10 Games?  (Read 8090 times)

jobocan

Re: Your 10/10 Games?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 09:47:17 pm »
I don't think there's any game in existence I'd give a 10/10 to. Not that my standards are too high or anything, but even my favorite games are 9s at the very most. I haven't really played a game that I can truly call perfect.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 11:51:11 pm »
I don't think there's any game in existence I'd give a 10/10 to. Not that my standards are too high or anything, but even my favorite games are 9s at the very most. I haven't really played a game that I can truly call perfect.

Man, you're hard to please.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 12:05:44 am »

sin2beta

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 12:10:09 am »

I had a hard time reading the text on that picture due to the distracting belly on the left.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 12:15:04 am »

I crack myself up.

sin2beta

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 12:24:27 am »

I crack myself up.

Oddly enough I had a hard time reading the text in that picture because it did not have a cute belly in it. Maybe reading is not for me...  ::)

90snostalga

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 12:40:56 am »

Notable Ommisions are Phantasy Star and Shenmue. These are by far my favorite games. But Phantasy Star has horrible direction. There is a lot of stuff that seems impossible to figure out. If I was reviewing the game, I would have to give it a 9.9. Same with Shenmue. It's one of my favorites, but the voice acting alone will take you out of the universe. It's a notable flaw that could've and should've been fixes.

Beta, you are crazy.  I cannot believe you would not give Shenmue a 10/10.  The voice acting can be overlooked with all the other awesomeness.

90snostalga

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 12:46:36 am »
My 10/10 games:

*  All generation 1 and 2 Pokemon game boy/color games.

*  Shenmue 1 and 2

*  Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World

*  Mortal Kombat 2 (SNES)

* Mortal Kombat 1 (Genesis)

*  Turok (64)

*  Rampage (Sega Master System)

*  The Oregon Trail (PC or Apple)

*  Dragon Warrior

*  All sonic games on the Sega Genesis

*  Top Gear (SNES)

*  Virtual Cop 2 (Saturn)

*  The legend of Zelda (NES)

*  Ninja Turtles (NES)

*  The Warriors (XBOX)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:48:43 am by 90snostalga »

sin2beta

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 12:47:41 am »

Notable Ommisions are Phantasy Star and Shenmue. These are by far my favorite games. But Phantasy Star has horrible direction. There is a lot of stuff that seems impossible to figure out. If I was reviewing the game, I would have to give it a 9.9. Same with Shenmue. It's one of my favorites, but the voice acting alone will take you out of the universe. It's a notable flaw that could've and should've been fixes.

Beta, you are crazy.  I cannot believe you would not give Shenmue a 10/10.  The voice acting can be overlooked with all the other awesomeness.

Shenmue is a crazy good game. That and Phantasy Star are my two favorite games of all time. But Shenmue does have some flaws. Beyond the voice acting, the controls are horrible. It's still my favorite game but it is flawed.

90snostalga

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 12:53:50 am »

Shenmue is a crazy good game. That and Phantasy Star are my two favorite games of all time. But Shenmue does have some flaws. Beyond the voice acting, the controls are horrible. It's still my favorite game but it is flawed.

Per Phantasy Star, I know before I was so excited about it, but after getting to the final boss, I just realized I did not like the game.  No direction, too easy to get lost in the dungeons which led to my frustration, and not enough health to beat the final bosses in a reasonable fashion.  I like the game from an idea standpoint for it's time, awesome color and graphics but nothing about it makes me die to play Phantasy Star 2 ya' know?  I only want to play phantasy star 2 because  alot of people talk about it but after playing the first, It's like it ruined it for me I guess. 

Per Shenmue, I just loved that game!  The first free world type of game, great graphics and story line, It's better than sex lol  ;D  Just upset there is no Shenmue 3  :-[

90snostalga

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 01:08:46 am »
@Beta, glad to see you finally got episode 4 back up on youtube  :D Bout to check it out now.

*  And I forgot add Donkey Kong Country to my list

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 12:12:56 pm »
Not taking this too seriously (as in, I'm not listing these on any sort of proper objective scale) -

NiGHTS into Dreams
Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst (only specifying BB because each successive version adds more to an already brilliant game)
Puyu Puyo Tsuu
Puzzle Bobble 2X
Mushihimesama Futari
Rod Land
Kiseki series
Sakura Taisen 1 and 3
Boku no Natsuyasumi series
Fantasia Sango series
Gu Jian Qi Tan series

scott

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 04:07:55 pm »
NiGHTS into Dreams
Phantasy Star Online
Mushihimesama Futari

Yay, I recognized 3 titles in that list and have played 2/3s of them! Both NiGHTS and Futari are high up there on my personal favorite lists as well.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 04:35:39 pm »
NiGHTS into Dreams
Phantasy Star Online
Mushihimesama Futari

Yay, I recognized 3 titles in that list and have played 2/3s of them! Both NiGHTS and Futari are high up there on my personal favorite lists as well.

I don't get all the love for Nights.

It's a very pretty game, but beyond that, there's not much there, IMO. You fly around in a gigantic circle, collect orbs, and do loopdy-loops. It just seems very simplistic, and kind of pointless other than it being a showcase for what the Saturn was capable of graphically. Kind of like Sega's version of Pilotwings.

soera

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 05:47:46 pm »
Thats the way I felt about the Journey game and the Flower game on PS3. That thing got such crazy awesome reviews but its mostly just boring. I tried to like it but it just never happened.