Author Topic: Recently Quit Playing!? Not going to finish...  (Read 3210 times)

90snostalga

Recently Quit Playing!? Not going to finish...
« on: January 20, 2014, 12:39:00 pm »
Not sure if this is a good topic to begin but we have a recently game completed, recently collection completed, added to collection, etc so I figured maybe we could do one for a game that you recently quit playing and are not going to finish for what ever the reason...

*  I would like to begin with the PlayStation 3 game "White Knight Chronicles".  Oh, man I finally pulled it off the shelf last night to give it a whirl and I played for about 2 hours.  I got a deal in the game and I realized that this game is boring.  Nothing was really keeping me motivated to play it further.  I do like the graphics, the scenario and background but other than that, to me, it sucks.  So White Knight is officially on my "I will never complete list"

Any one else want to share some?

Re: Recently Quit Playing!? Not going to finish...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:43:40 pm »
Chromehounds for 360.

It got pretty decent reviews, and I think it just didn't age well.  I played the first two or three levels, and....meh.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 12:47:47 pm »
A few weeks ago I was in a random game mood and decided to try out DT Racer on the PS2, probably the worst racing game I have ever played. Aside from the driving physics being the worst in any racing game I have ever played, the game was ridden with glitches, some admittedly hilarious like if you crash your car a certain way the car starts flailing like a fish out of water. But playing ot for about 45-minutes is all I could stand. I would get rid out it, but it's worth like a buck, there's a very good reason for that :p

soera

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 12:52:03 pm »
Holy crap, where to begin? First Ill start with Final Fantasy III. Im going to mention that I loved playing this game. But the end is sad. You get to a point where you are not allowed to exit the dungeon and there are no save points. The final dungeon itself has a few paths which each end in a major boss fight and a Ribbon as a reward. For anyone thats never played a FF game, the ribbon is the ultimate in head wear as it allows you immunity to every negative effect in the game. I got 2 of them and wanted to exit and save it with them so I wouldnt have to go back and do those fights again ... WRONG. I also ran into the final boss a bit earlier than I expected. Needless to say I lost and died. 2 hours of leveling/exploring/gaining items and gear down the drain. I did everything else in the game I wanted to except kill the final boss so Im done as far as I care.

God of War:Ascension. Again, another game I really enjoyed playing ... til I got near the end. There is a scenario where you have to fight multiple waves of mobs. Well, I spec'ed my character a bit different than the game probably expected me to (I normally put all the power into the blades before anything else but these waves of mobs would be doable if I put my power into some of the alternate area effect type of attacks) so my ability to beat this scenario is literally 0.

Xenoblade Chronicles. This game looks great ... but I cant seem to get into the fight style yet plus my only legitimate way of playing it would be in my living room so I would have to fight for time on it vs the whole family on the main TV. I may move the Wii to my computer desk (My monitor is actually a TV) and play it here.

Im sure there are more games but these are the 3 that are most recent for me.

bobster

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 01:45:19 pm »
Not sure if this is a good topic to begin but we have a recently game completed, recently collection completed, added to collection, etc so I figured maybe we could do one for a game that you recently quit playing and are not going to finish for what ever the reason...

*  I would like to begin with the PlayStation 3 game "White Knight Chronicles".  Oh, man I finally pulled it off the shelf last night to give it a whirl and I played for about 2 hours.  I got a deal in the game and I realized that this game is boring.  Nothing was really keeping me motivated to play it further.  I do like the graphics, the scenario and background but other than that, to me, it sucks.  So White Knight is officially on my "I will never complete list"

Any one else want to share some?
I did the same thing with my short play time with that game. While playing it, I just remember wishing the battle system was more like the gambit system of FF12. It felt like the combos you could supposedly do, didn't actually do anything.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 02:04:12 pm »
I hate to say it but Im glad you guys have had a rough outing with White Knight chronicles cause that game was on my soon to buy list but after reading what you two have said, Im going to mark it off my list.

bobster

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 02:07:00 pm »
I hate to say it but Im glad you guys have had a rough outing with White Knight chronicles cause that game was on my soon to buy list but after reading what you two have said, Im going to mark it off my list.
To be fair, I gave it at most 4 hours of playtime. It may have been better further on, but I couldn't get into it. Maybe someone will say otherwise! Also, maybe the 2nd one was better?
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 04:29:00 pm »
I had White Knight Chronicles 2 in my hand for $7 before Christmas and decided to let it go after I read that it's just not good. Generally I like to make my own opinions, but this time I decided that the near universal mediocrity was enough to let others help me decided.

On topic though, I'll just say... 95% of my collection.

I rarely finish games, unless I get super hooked on them. It's a sad truth, and as far as I know all those worlds were never saved, but I just never seem to have much game time lately.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 05:15:35 pm »
Like every 3D Zelda game ever made.

I completely LOVE the 2D Zeldas, but no matter how hard I try (and I have), I just can't get into the 3D entries.

Same goes for Sonic the Hedgehog. Love the 2D games, no so much on the 3D games.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 05:22:23 pm »
Monster Hunter it's a game I really want to enjoy but no matter how much i try I just can't.

karyann

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 06:52:56 pm »
I played 1 hour of Haunting Grounds and never touched it again, but it's not because it's bad... It's because I'm a scaredy cat, haha. I watched my brother play through the entire game and helped him solve the puzzles, but I couldn't get myself to take the controller. We did complete the game in the end though.

God of War: Chain of Olympus helped me take out my anger when I wasn't feeling too well, and I enjoyed it a lot in that time, but I've put it aside since then and I just don't feel like I'd really enjoy it if I wasn't mad, haha. I don't know, maybe I have a wrong feeling, but I don't feel compelled to finish it, at all.

The Lord of the Rings Tactics. I LOVE LOTR, and I usually like Tactic games too, but man this game is too hard. I can't have fun with it, I tried playing 3 times, each time I gave up after 20-30 minutes.

TMNT 2: The Arcade Game on the NES. I played that game for hours with my neighbour back in the days, but we never were able to beat it. I gave up all hope and don't really want to play anymore. Then I had a friend play it for his first time 2 years ago, and he beat it just like that in one sitting. Damn him!

Okay, they're not all recent, but it feels good to have talked about them anyway  :P

90snostalga

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 09:21:38 am »
I had White Knight Chronicles 2 in my hand for $7 before Christmas and decided to let it go after I read that it's just not good. Generally I like to make my own opinions, but this time I decided that the near universal mediocrity was enough to let others help me decided.

On topic though, I'll just say... 95% of my collection.

I rarely finish games, unless I get super hooked on them. It's a sad truth, and as far as I know all those worlds were never saved, but I just never seem to have much game time lately.

:(

90snostalga

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 09:22:50 am »

TMNT 2: The Arcade Game on the NES. I played that game for hours with my neighbour back in the days, but we never were able to beat it. I gave up all hope and don't really want to play anymore. Then I had a friend play it for his first time 2 years ago, and he beat it just like that in one sitting. Damn him!

I know what you mean on Turtles 2.  After I got so frustrated and nearly broke my NES, I had to suck it up and use the Game Genie.  I then became unstoppable in Turtles 2 lol  ;)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 02:23:38 am »
Does it have to be recently or does entire gaming lifetime count?

I've quit playing Final Fantasy games after Final Fantasy X.  I did not enjoy Tidus or Yuna at all.

Not going to continue Dragon Age series.  After Patch 1.03 removed the capability to recruit blood mages outside of being a mage into the army and certain bugs annoyed me, I have had it.  As awesome as Dragon Age: Inquisition looks, I want to play it but I also want a character to import.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

blipcs76

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 10:43:14 am »
I picked up Assassin's Creed III on Wii U, but it keeps getting shelved in favor of Super Mario 3D World.  It's pretty cool, but Mario is just fun, which is why I play games and ultimately why I favor Nintendo consoles.