Author Topic: VGCollect v3 Support Thread  (Read 11918 times)

matt

Re: VGCollect v3 Support Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 08:13:21 pm »
Is this from item detail pages?

Also try refeshing cache or manually loading the js files. I'm out to dinner right now so it'll be a bit before I can look.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:14:59 pm by matt »

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 08:43:42 pm »
From the item browsing pages, like http://vgcollect.com/browse/3doaccessory

I tried the individual item pages, they seem to work fine.  I hadn't been to the site in IE or FF before, so those were totally fresh.

Enjoy your dinner, I'm just having fun checking out the updates.  :)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 09:01:19 pm »
Hey Matt,

Love the new site.  However, I'm not seeing anyone way to "remove" a game from my collection. I put in the wrong game by mistake.

thanks,
Retromangia

jcalder8

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 09:05:39 pm »
Hrm, I'm not seeing any date bought or price paid data.   :-\

I'm going to try to fix that tonight.
Thanks :D I had a mini heart attack when I saw it was gone lol

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2014, 10:02:18 pm »
Hey Again,

I'm trying to submit a new game to the database (PC [na] game), and after entering all the details and clicking submit at the end, i get the error "Could not copy".

thanks Matt!

- Retromangia

karyann

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2014, 10:11:19 pm »
We should start raising coffee funds for Matt, I think he'll need it to survive the next few days  :P

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2014, 10:16:49 pm »
I can get to the forums (obviously) but when I go to my collection or wishlist page I get a page that only seems to want to partially load. Hitting refresh doesn't seem to help. This is through chrome.

As I'm typing this I tried it with firefox and it seems to load fine so maybe it's a chrome issue?

jcalder8

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2014, 10:35:25 pm »
I can get to the forums (obviously) but when I go to my collection or wishlist page I get a page that only seems to want to partially load. Hitting refresh doesn't seem to help. This is through chrome.

As I'm typing this I tried it with firefox and it seems to load fine so maybe it's a chrome issue?
I didn't have any problems with chrome.

atariboy

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 10:48:23 pm »
No problems here with Chrome.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

matt

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 10:53:31 pm »

Each browser seems to cache DNS as well. This should itself out as DNS finally resolves.

matt

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2014, 10:53:52 pm »
From the item browsing pages, like http://vgcollect.com/browse/3doaccessory

I tried the individual item pages, they seem to work fine.  I hadn't been to the site in IE or FF before, so those were totally fresh.

Enjoy your dinner, I'm just having fun checking out the updates.  :)

This has been corrected.

matt

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2014, 10:57:43 pm »
Hey Matt,

Love the new site.  However, I'm not seeing anyone way to "remove" a game from my collection. I put in the wrong game by mistake.

thanks,
Retromangia

If you hover over a game on your Collection screen you should see the Delete button.

htimreimer

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2014, 01:50:39 am »
i tried to submit a game and everything works except for images, i get a "could not save" error

haloofthesun

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2014, 02:24:21 am »
Might have been posted already, but the sig collection image doesn't seem to auto-update anymore. I've tried Ctrl+F5 but nothing. Not a major issue, but thought I'd point it out. New site looks great!

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2014, 03:47:53 am »
Hey Matt,

thanks,
Retromangia

If you hover over a game on your Collection screen you should see the Delete button.

Thanks my man! ok, here's the scoop... It works perfectly with Internet Explorer, however Chrome does not display the "delete" or "edit" buttons when you put your mouse over the game.

So let me tell you.... I used to use RFgeneration a long time ago, but that site is poop compared to yours ;)  I know those guys work hard as well, and I give them a lot of credit, but after their servers crashed multiple times, and I lost days worth of cataloging, I packed up my bags and left. I just couldn't trust them anymore.  Luckily for me and many others, your site was just being born. And now 3 years later, this site is really coming into it's own, and I recommend it to every game collector i meet.

love it!  8)

- Retromangia