Author Topic: VGCollect v3 Support Thread  (Read 12550 times)

karyann

Re: VGCollect v3 Support Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2014, 09:34:54 am »
Thanks my man! ok, here's the scoop... It works perfectly with Internet Explorer, however Chrome does not display the "delete" or "edit" buttons when you put your mouse over the game.

I'm using Chrome, and it works for me! Maybe you just need to delete your cache (pressing Ctrl+F5 on the page will work) :)

matt

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2014, 09:55:47 am »
Hey Matt,

Love the new site.  However, I'm not seeing anyone way to "remove" a game from my collection. I put in the wrong game by mistake.

thanks,
Retromangia

If you hover over a game on your Collection screen you should see the Delete button.

Thanks my man! ok, here's the scoop... It works perfectly with Internet Explorer, however Chrome does not display the "delete" or "edit" buttons when you put your mouse over the game.

So let me tell you.... I used to use RFgeneration a long time ago, but that site is poop compared to yours ;)  I know those guys work hard as well, and I give them a lot of credit, but after their servers crashed multiple times, and I lost days worth of cataloging, I packed up my bags and left. I just couldn't trust them anymore.  Luckily for me and many others, your site was just being born. And now 3 years later, this site is really coming into it's own, and I recommend it to every game collector i meet.

love it!  8)

- Retromangia

Thanks for the kind words! We had a bad server crash a few years back as well. Now we've got a great backup plan in place just to be safe. We have a rolling 5 day backup in place so each day the entire server is backed up each day and stored for 5 days.

As for you Chrome issue. It sounds like the old javascript files are cached.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 10:27:11 am »
Might have been posted already, but the sig collection image doesn't seem to auto-update anymore. I've tried Ctrl+F5 but nothing. Not a major issue, but thought I'd point it out. New site looks great!

Same here.

Just added 2 items.

I can see them in my collection by going "other" ==> "strategy guides"; and then, scrolling down the page - they show up just fine.

BUT - they're not showing up in the sig -AND- the # of items isn't increasing by +2 either.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 10:51:35 am »
Also, when you click-on your "Followers", instead of showing you who your followers are...it just shows a collection page.

scott

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 12:59:06 pm »
BUT - they're not showing up in the sig -AND- the # of items isn't increasing by +2 either.

I just did some testing and the Sig image isn't updating currently because it's looking for info from the old database, rather than the new one.

The Number of items in your collection on the sidebar is going up with additions like it should be though.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 01:20:53 pm »

I just did some testing and the Sig image isn't updating currently because it's looking for info from the old database, rather than the new one.

The Number of items in your collection on the sidebar is going up with additions like it should be though.

Right - the items are being added to the total on the sidebar, but not to the total # of items in the sig...

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2014, 01:55:55 pm »
Its getting better, good work Matt.

The only thing i have is the scans of the back of the box won't enlarge in my collection.
Actually only my scans wont enlarge, but im guessing that is a matter of time.

scott

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2014, 02:03:16 pm »

Right - the items are being added to the total on the sidebar, but not to the total # of items in the sig...

Ah, I thought you meant it wasn't going up on the sidebar too.

haloofthesun

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2014, 02:20:27 pm »
Might have been posted already, but the sig collection image doesn't seem to auto-update anymore. I've tried Ctrl+F5 but nothing. Not a major issue, but thought I'd point it out. New site looks great!

Also about 90% of the time I try to load my collection page (or anything on the main site other than the forums) I get a 404 error.

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2014, 04:20:30 pm »
Just added a couple of things to my collection and noticed the little thing at the bottom of everyone's post that shows last 5 items in the collection - it isn't updating. Do I have to change something in my profile with the update to get it working again?

scott

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2014, 04:23:44 pm »
Nope, you don't have to change anything. Matt needs to update the code, because the site is pointing it to the wrong location.

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 04:31:23 pm »
Ok thanks Scott :)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 07:35:34 pm »
Ok, fixed the delete button issue in chrome.  Had to go into the browser settings, and manually delete the browser cache. The "delete" & "edit" buttons now appear and work perfectly in chrome.

thanks for the help folks!  ;)

matt

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2014, 07:50:54 pm »
Nope, you don't have to change anything. Matt needs to update the code, because the site is pointing it to the wrong location.

This has been fixed.

I also just fixed the editing of cost and purchased date on collection items.

pacpix

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2014, 09:50:55 pm »
So I had the forums open in one tab and logged out of my VGCollect account in another tab.  I closed both tabs and logged back in to the main site, but now when I click on the forum link it shows that I am not logged into the forums.  When I click login on the forum page I get sent back to my collection page.  I have tried clearing the cache, but that did not do anything.  I am still able to access the forum with Internet Explorer, but not Chrome.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)