Author Topic: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28838 times)

Re: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2014, 12:39:09 am »
Picked up The 3rd Birthday on PSP. Been wanting this game ever since it came out a few years ago and finally found it for a decent price.

argyle

« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2014, 02:04:21 am »
I'll admit I probably went overboard in the GS PS2 clearance sale, but the PS2 is my favorite console so I couldn't help myself.  ;)  In all the stores I hit tho (at least 6) the ONLY one that had any cases at all had Guitar Hero cases.  So you lucked out!

And 1,000 PS2 games?  Wow, I knew there were a lot - of course, I'm assuming those are from multiple regions, right?  Anyone know how many US PS2 games there are total?  I currently have 273, and I'm nowhere near a full collection.  Not really trying for one honestly, but I would like to get all of the RPGs & survival horror games for it that were released in the US.  That sale helped a good bit with those goals. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

theflea

« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2014, 03:07:30 am »
And 1,000 PS2 games?  Wow, I knew there were a lot - of course, I'm assuming those are from multiple regions, right?  Anyone know how many US PS2 games there are total?  I currently have 273, and I'm nowhere near a full collection.  Not really trying for one honestly, but I would like to get all of the RPGs & survival horror games for it that were released in the US.  That sale helped a good bit with those goals.

All 1000+ games are US releases, there was 2,016 retail games released for the PS2 in the US alone.
I only own 1 Japanese PS2 game atm. If you add the Japanese only releases you'll add another 500+ games or so.
I believe PS2 holds the record for most games released for any console.

If you want to see what I own on PS2 you can check here. http://vgcollect.com/theflea/ps2  8)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:21:17 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

argyle

« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2014, 05:14:57 am »
Wow, I had no idea.   :o  That's extremely impressive!

How many of those are complete?  If it's a significant amount of those you must have a crazy game room.  :D

Just to make use of some of mine, my wife and I have talked about starting a YouTube channel where we grab one - preferably something we've never played - pop it in & record 15-30 mins of us just playing it & discussing what we think about it.  But I need a good game capture device first, and haven't quite figured out what's the best bang-for-the-buck on one yet. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2014, 12:57:25 pm »
Picked up The 3rd Birthday on PSP. Been wanting this game ever since it came out a few years ago and finally found it for a decent price.

Damn, I still haven't finished Parasite Eve. I forgot I was in the middle of it (and was going to play #2 after that) and started playing some Xbox 360 games my wife got me for Christmas. And then just moved on to other stuff after that.

theflea

« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2014, 01:44:56 pm »

How many of those are complete?  If it's a significant amount of those you must have a crazy game room.  :D

All of them, I don't buy PS2 games missing cases or manuals.  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

scott

« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2014, 01:47:01 pm »

Yup I passed on a couple games I really wanted yesterday, because they were missing the manual too. Seriously how hard is it to leave the book in the case people?   >:(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2014, 01:59:38 pm »

Pics or it didn't happen?   :P  Seriously, I'd love to see pics of your collection, that has to be impressive.  :)

I usually don't buy PS2 games without cases/manuals either, but I suspended that rule for the GS sale due to the prices.  I figure I can still keep an eye out at yard sales / flea markets for complete versions but at least I have the games in the meantime. 

theflea

« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2014, 04:10:47 pm »

Pics or it didn't happen?   :P  Seriously, I'd love to see pics of your collection, that has to be impressive.  :)

I usually don't buy PS2 games without cases/manuals either, but I suspended that rule for the GS sale due to the prices.  I figure I can still keep an eye out at yard sales / flea markets for complete versions but at least I have the games in the meantime. 

You see part of it everytime I take a photo of my finds.
The good games are on the shelves and the crappy games like sport and kids games are stored away.
Many (i'd say 20%) of them are still sealed.

Next to the PS2 games is a near complete PS1 collection. 1249 games (only missing 46 games)
Above that are Dreamcast games, next to that is Neo Geo CD games then the T16 games and then CD32, VIS and PC Engine and Saturn Imports.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:31:54 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

argyle

« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2014, 06:29:36 pm »
Impressive....most impressive.  :)

theflea

« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2014, 08:43:06 pm »
Impressive....most impressive.  :)
Thank you, Lord Vader.  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2014, 09:42:11 pm »
what are the PS1 games you are missing?

scott

« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2014, 10:22:54 pm »
Ugh... I went to load up War of Monsters and... The disc was missing. Now I need to go back to the store tomorrow and see if the disc is there.

foxhack

« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2014, 10:40:54 pm »
Ugh... I went to load up War of Monsters and... The disc was missing. Now I need to go back to the store tomorrow and see if the disc is there.

... you didn't check if the disc was there before buying it? o_O

scott

« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2014, 10:48:40 pm »
I was talking to matt and the guy was fiddling with the cases. I assumed it was in there...  :(