Author Topic: Vs.  (Read 7130 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Vs.
« on: February 06, 2014, 11:55:23 pm »
This is the thread for all those vs. questions that gamers love to debate. Which is better? Nintendo vs. Sega, Mario vs. Sonic, etc.

First up:

vs.

scott

Re: Vs.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 12:06:05 am »
I have to go Symphony of the Night.

One, because its Castlevania and redefined the series.
Two, because I sunk countless hours playing it (and 100%ing)
And three, because I've never played more than 15 mins of Super Metroid (even tho I own it on SNES)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 12:14:45 am »
Super Metroid gets my vote.  My only reason is because the Metroid franchise is still a Nintendo first party franchise.  Nintendo will have my support most of the time in these type of battles.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 01:49:22 am »
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night

The major deciding factor for my choice was that Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night is a role-playing game.  RPGs versus other genres have a low chance of losing my decision, although there are some cases.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 07:13:21 am »
im ashamed to say i never played a castlevania or super metroid game.

karyann

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 08:59:59 am »
I've never played Castlevania (please don't hate me, Scott!), but I have Super Metroid on the Wii U so...I guess I'll have to default to Metroid :P

Let's see... how about Pokémon vs Digimon (the games)? Both led to pretty similar animes, but in my opinion both franchises' games are better than their respective anime. Pokémon might have an unfair advantage in popularity for the question, but I've known die-hard fans of Digimon who didn't like Pokémon, so I'm curious about what you all think :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 09:07:14 am »
I've never played Castlevania (please don't hate me, Scott!), but I have Super Metroid on the Wii U so...I guess I'll have to default to Metroid :P

Let's see... how about Pokémon vs Digimon (the games)? Both led to pretty similar animes, but in my opinion both franchises' games are better than their respective anime. Pokémon might have an unfair advantage in popularity for the question, but I've known die-hard fans of Digimon who didn't like Pokémon, so I'm curious about what you all think :)

Funny that you should mention this...

I've never played any Pokemon and/or Digmon (or Yu-Gi-Oh) games -and- I've often wondered if there were any/many similarities or themes between any of those series?

Also Karyann -

You did an awesome job with both your video (and your English:)!

It was impressive, entertaining & enjoyable to watch...Nice job!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 09:31:42 am »
In this battle, I have to side with Super Metroid. It is far and away the best Metroid title made and could possibly be one of the best games ever made. It took everything that was right with Metroid and added to it!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 09:52:07 am »
I've never played SoTN.  I can't comment on it.  It was a PlayStation game and that thing is evil.

Even if I'd played SoTN, Super Metroid is hard to beat.  That is truly an excellent game. 

Super Metroid is the winner.  It'll be the winner against 95% of the games ever made.

karyann

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 10:05:02 am »
Funny that you should mention this...

I've never played any Pokemon and/or Digmon (or Yu-Gi-Oh) games -and- I've often wondered if there were any/many similarities or themes between any of those series?

Also Karyann -

You did an awesome job with both your video (and your English:)!

It was impressive, entertaining & enjoyable to watch...Nice job!

Thanks  :) I really enjoyed making the video, even though I was kinda anxious too. I'm glad I did it!

And I haven't played much of Digimon, so I can't compare a lot of details, but for what I know right now they're pretty different games. I think the reason they're compared a lot is because you battle with many creatures that can change form, and they're both RPGs. Battle systems are different though, but it's nice to have diversity :P

90snostalga

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 01:10:29 pm »

Great battle question Karyann!   :)  While as a kid, I loved the Pokemon series and I watched it everyday religiously.  And as an adult, I still love it!  Same for the Pokemon games.  Love them!!!!!   Digimon, I tried to watch it and get into the games but I only played maybe 15 minutes and I got bored and I was so into training to be a Pokemon Master that I wanted NOTHING to do with Digimon.  So I will go with Pokemon!

However, would you suggest the Digimon video games?  Are they good?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 08:08:37 pm »
I freaking love both SoTN and Super Metroid. Two of my all time favorites. The action-RPG blend, and sense of exploration, discovery, and character growth are excellent for gameplay. And the music and environments in both games really give a great atmosphere to both games.

But if I had to choose one or the other, I'd go with Super Metroid. I really can't say any one thing about it that's significantly better than SoTN, I just prefer it if I had to choose.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 02:19:23 am »
As for the decision between Pokémon versus Digimon...  Pokémon also wins because of the popularity it still has, although I was just tired of it after Pokémon Yellow.  Then again, I only watched the first Digimon series and never played the games.  I guess you know my decision.

Azure Dreams!

I mean...  None.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

karyann

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 04:03:08 pm »
However, would you suggest the Digimon video games?  Are they good?

Honestly, I don't know. I've only ever played Digimon World: Dawn, which I bought this Christmas. I've played for about 2 hours, and I don't think I've really progressed through the story yet, so it's hard to say. So far though, I'm not bored, so it's a good start :P Digimon games tend to cost a lot over time, so it might be a pain to put your hand on them, too.

90snostalga

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 06:24:59 am »
I would like to start a battle if I may?

*  The Legend of Zelda for the NES

VS.

*  Golden Axe Warrior for the SMS