Author Topic: Turf's Zero Edits Productions  (Read 24541 times)

Re: Turf's Zero Edits Productions
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 02:28:30 pm »
Do you like watching a grown man making internet videos like a teenage girl?  Well, you've come to the right place. I'm going to start posting videos here.  This is fun for me to do, but I want to make it better.  Feel free to hit me up with some feedback.  Just don't tell me I need to edit the videos.  That ain't happening.  I'm going to pretend it's artist integrity, but really I'm just lazy.
No need to pretend, I really like CRT footage with my LPs when they're done right, and you're doing it right. I'm sure a lot of other people would agree as well. Shooting the CRT just feels real since you never saw anything pixel perfect on NES games (rainbow banding, smearing, etc), so why bother using a capture card? Just don't let the pretentious people in the Let's Play community (cough, Something Awful forums) tell you how to record footage. Recording the screen is A-OK, and your camera in particular is good for that. I have a good feeling about your videos. It's nice to see LPers that don't scream "rape" or non sequiturs in their videos.

Little bit of feedback: Perhaps a little bit of information about the game you're playing, like a short preface about what company made it, when it came out, any special stories about it (of which Cogswell's Caper would have one for certain). Also, centering the camera with the TV would be a plus, you could sit to the side and play :p

bobster

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 08:05:31 pm »
I just got a chance to watch this. That game looks pretty fun! keep up with the videos :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:09:27 pm by bobster »
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 08:35:12 pm »
Thanks guys. I'm going to do another one as soon as I free night. I've got something in mind.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 01:38:54 am »
Thanks for the video and advice, turf.

Little bit of feedback: Perhaps a little bit of information about the game you're playing, like a short preface about what company made it, when it came out, any special stories about it (of which Cogswell's Caper would have one for certain).

I would second this.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 05:23:20 pm »
Thanks for the video and advice, turf.

Little bit of feedback: Perhaps a little bit of information about the game you're playing, like a short preface about what company made it, when it came out, any special stories about it (of which Cogswell's Caper would have one for certain).

I would second this.

I think my channel should be called "Turf's Zero Edits Ramblings".
The newest one is filmed. I'll upload it tonight.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 02:23:51 pm »
Hot off the Request Line!

scott

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 02:39:12 pm »
Nice!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 12:35:44 pm »
Another Zero Edits Production!  This time I take on Battletoads

bobster

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 02:37:04 pm »
Nice video turf! I might be interested in that converter. I have to replace the caps on my Gamegear to get it working, but that might push me to actually do it!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2014, 08:20:34 pm »
Bonus Let's Play from this morning

bobster

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2014, 09:31:11 pm »
Here's a fist!

I quite enjoyed that lets play.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 04:51:22 am »
My wife and I went on an adventure the other day. Thought you might like to see it.

blipcs76

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 09:58:33 am »
Very nice!  I had a chance to get a really nice Popeye cabinet the day I bought my Double Donkey Kong machine, but it alone was $800.  Adding the Popeye would have put me way over $1000 that day, so I passed on it.

soera

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:38 am »
"Flea market and discount grocery" ... LMAO what the fuck?

soera

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 11:41:20 am »
Btw, you better bring that camera to OKC next month! :P