Author Topic: Game Boy Games in Cassette Cases?  (Read 31210 times)

scott

Re: Game Boy Games in Cassette Cases?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2014, 05:19:33 pm »
Ha, k. I'm planning on doing a bit of my own thing though, so they might not match 100% with what you've found.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 05:44:40 pm »
I dont mind! I only have a couple of GB/GBC games anyhow. Hell, if you going to do your own thing in general, you can just make all mine!!! :D Heh Im sure you probably have some of the same games I do. Metroid II, Link's awakening, Kid Icarus, all the DW games and eventually Zelda Oracles and Seasons plus Lufia II and Heroes of might and magic.

scott

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2014, 08:36:50 pm »
Alrighty folks. I've started casing my 90 something collection of GB and GBC carts! Here are the ones I've knocked out today (except for Caeser's Palace). They are printed on glossy Brochure paper via my Inkjet printer.

And here's a closer shot of Castlevania: The Adventure, which is actually the first one I made.

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2014, 08:42:29 pm »
Wow Scott, these turned really good!  As long as it doesn't take away from Diablo time keep it up! :P

scott

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2014, 01:01:24 am »
Last two of the night. Caesars Palace and Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly.

pacpix

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2014, 01:07:17 am »
Those cases turned out great Scott!  Much more appealing than just stacking GB carts on a shelf.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

karyann

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2014, 08:08:29 pm »
That looks awesome! It looks like it's a lot of work though, so making that on a big library would be a pain. Still, what you've done until now is a good start  :D

scott

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2014, 08:19:37 pm »
Thanks guys!

@Karyann ya I debated about doing it or not but decided it was worth the effort. I can knock one out in about 20-30 minutes tho, thanks to my template. And I already have all the box art saved to a folder. So it's just a matter of finding a screenie and the box text.

bobster

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2014, 10:47:40 am »
I too would like to say these look incredibly sweet! I wish I was that ambitious :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2014, 07:04:20 pm »
I don't use individual tape cases, but I use one the tape holder things for Sega carts, which I have hanging on my man-cave wall. Sega Master System & Genesis games are a perfect fit for these things.

It's got a little Sega Master System (those are the ones with the ghetto self-made labels because Sega was too cheap to make spine labels on Master System games), a little Sega Genesis, and a some actual cassettes (mostly 80s stuff). And I do have boxes for a lot of these games, but their in a box somewhere, this was just more convenient for actual playing.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2014, 10:15:26 pm »
 Those Cassette cases are awesome.

also Burningdoom I do the same thing there

scott

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2014, 01:22:10 pm »
Thanks!

I ran out of ink and I can't afford to buy more until possibly next week. But on Saturday, in a bid to clean up my kitchen, I cased the rest of my games and got them put back away. Here's the set up as it sits currently. Unfortunately Pokemon Pinball is the odd man out, as it doesn't fit inside these cases. :(

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2014, 01:39:12 pm »
That looks good Scott. I like it the way you do it, but the inkt problem holds me back.

Do you post the the Art online? Just in case i change my mind  ;D

scott

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2014, 01:41:36 pm »
Ha thanks. Ya the ink is a bit spendy, but I figure it's still cheaper than printing them off at Staples or something.

I don't have the art posted anywhere online, but they are saved to a folder on my PC.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2014, 03:03:46 pm »
Well, its A, the money, and B, i have to replace them. And you can read about my last replacing here on the forum  >:(