Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34307 times)

argyle

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 12:53:16 am »
I had some decent finds today.  Started out by stopping at Goodwill - haven't been by there in a while.  There's a reason.  ;)  Anyway, I did snag a Dreamcast complete copy of Blitz 2000 for $1, so that something?  I guess?  :P

Anyway, then I headed up to the next town over to checkout their Big Lots.  Managed to snag these 3 for less than $10:  LittleBigPlanet GOTY, RUSE & Tiger Woods 11 (all PS3). 

Then I decided to walk down to the Gamestop a few doors down to see if they had anything that my local stores didn't that I had been looking for.  And they definitely did!  I grabbed these used for the PS3:  El Shaddai, Sacred 2 & Dark Souls.  All were complete except for Dark Souls (I didn't check it - my own fault).  Gonna see if a local store has the book, if not I'll return it.  I also grabbed a complete copy of Excitebots for the Wii.  And for the DS, cart only, I picked up Trace Memory, Populous DS & Chibi Robo! Park Patrol. 

All in all, a pretty good haul.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 01:21:17 am »
^^^ I always felt like if you owned a NEO GEO AES or MVS you were automatically hardcore.

And you were right  ;)
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 09:33:03 am »
March has only begun but I've already made all my purchases for the month.
I Got:
Final Fantasy VI
Valkyrie Profile
Legend of Mana
Shin Megami Tensei II
Crash Bandicoot (Platinum)

The first three were fairly cheap, VP and LoM were 30% off the time I got em. I got SMT2 at an auction for 7$ so that was a great deal. Crash Bandicoot was given to me by a friend who got a black label copy and said I could have the Platinum one he already had.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:23:58 pm by lizardjesus »

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 09:36:47 am »
Also... added a couple more games to my PS2 list today: Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone and Hot Shots Golf 3. I'm now sitting at 98 PS2 games!

Man Demon Stone's cover looks really cool, that's a really nice find.

scott

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 12:21:31 pm »
Ya my cousin had it years ago. And I always wanted to play it. Been on the look out for my own copy for awhile.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

theflea

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 01:18:05 pm »
Expensive stuff: Garou AES Japanese version, amazing 2d fighter really happy to have it. Muscle Bomber and Libble Rabble for the Marty. Love the system want to get more "legit" games. Love the cases too, haha slightly bigger than the AES cases just to hold a jewel case. I decided to throw Jackal up there too, found it at a thrift store today 3 bucks

Conrats, these are the kind of games that empress me, I have the Neo Geo game myself. awesome fighter.
And here I thought I was the only one who even owned a Neo Geo AES and FM Towns Marty in this forum.  ;)

"Hardcore Gamer Fistbump"  8)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

foxhack

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 02:36:11 pm »
I went back to the booth from yesterday and picked up Might and Magic: Clouds of Xeen (missing the map...) & Might and Magic: Darkside of Xeen (missing a notepad or something?), the hint book for Darkside of Xeen, a strategy guide for Lands of Lore 1, Warcraft (the original) CD release complete in box, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 (complete in box) for $5 total.

I also picked up a used copy of Half-Life Game of the Year Edition (CD in case with key) and Might and Magic Archives for $1 each. I think I can sell the Might & Magic stuff together and make back my investment, and Half-Life + KOTOR are going to my trade pile.

I'm not sure what to do about Warcraft 1. I think I had a boxed expansion somewhere, but I don't remember what I did with it. (I have WC2 Battle.net in a Warcraft III CE bundle I have around.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:38:47 pm by foxhack »

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 04:54:25 pm »
Picked up for the PS2 all for $15 yesterday (complete non greatest hits copies and in really nice condition)

• Unlimited Saga
  • Killzone
  • Warriors of Might and Magic

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 07:04:18 pm »
OneChanbara: Bikini Samurai squad
(because ...Fuck it)

PS3
Bejeweled 3
Metal Gear Rising

spac316

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 10:32:54 pm »
I got WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006-2007 for PS2, WWF King of the Ring for Game Boy and MappyLand for NES!

scott

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 06:16:17 pm »
The Art of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow came in today!

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 06:49:12 pm »
Just got Earth Defense Force 2025. Aww yeah!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 08:40:32 pm »
Just got Earth Defense Force 2025. Aww yeah!

I just watched the Classic Game Room review of this the other day. It looks like a freaking blast to play! Let us know if it's as fun as it looks.

foxhack

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2014, 11:01:50 pm »
I snagged a Steam version of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic from Newegg for three bucks.

And I got my Steam keys for uh, Vanguard Princess. Including an "uncensoring" DLC. Uh. Don't go into the Steam screenshots for the game. Fair warning. >_<

karyann

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 08:52:31 am »
I snagged a Steam version of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic from Newegg for three bucks.

And I got my Steam keys for uh, Vanguard Princess. Including an "uncensoring" DLC. Uh. Don't go into the Steam screenshots for the game. Fair warning. >_<

Since you said NOT to, I had to take a peek. I'm at school. I closed the tab after a panty-shot where no panties were involved  :o