Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36390 times)

karyann

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 07:25:21 pm »
Since you said NOT to, I had to take a peek. I'm at school. I closed the tab after a panty-shot where no panties were involved  :o

Stop teasing, Karyann!   :P

Umm...Link, please?   :-[

http://store.steampowered.com/

Search for "Vanguard Princess", click on "Discussions", then click on "Screenshots".

The screenshots are -so bad- I don't want people getting in trouble for clicking a direct link to them.

Meh; I just took a quick look and didn't see anything *that* bad...

Yeah, it's mostly some cell-shaded panties, but it's still kinda weird for Steam :P

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 08:00:50 pm »
Been on a big "Worms" kick lately, first Battle Islands for the Wii, then Worms Collection for the PS3 came in the mail yesterday and Worms Open Warfare 2 for the DS arrived today.

These games don't seem to get the love they deserve IMO.

argyle

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2014, 08:02:23 pm »
Got Stick of Truth today, but I'm not planning on it being a permanent addition.  I hear it's pretty short for an RPG, so I figure I can probably get through it by the end of the weekend and then either trade or ebay it next week (whichever ends up being more profitable).  Should be fun tho!  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2014, 08:03:49 pm »
Got Stick of Truth today, but I'm not planning on it being a permanent addition.  I hear it's pretty short for an RPG, so I figure I can probably get through it by the end of the weekend and then either trade or ebay it next week (whichever ends up being more profitable).  Should be fun tho!  :)

I just saw a review of it yesterday. I SOOOO want to play it. It looks JUST like an episode of South Park. From what I saw, you pretty much play through an episode of South Park, and that just sounds awesome.

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2014, 08:32:16 pm »
picked up these today

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2014, 11:37:38 pm »

Don't know how true this is, but I heard when Ubisoft picked the rights up after THQ went under, they pretty much took out 50% of the game in order to release it later on a DLC expansions. I f$#%ing hate the industry because I can actually see this being true. I guess we'll see. Still looks really fun though.

argyle

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2014, 12:05:06 am »
South Park is amazing.  It...it IS the show.  There's just no other way to put it.  It's hilarious, one of the funniest games I've played.  Gameplay-wise, think a really vulgar Costume Quest.  :P  Exploring the town is just a blast, there's SO much detail everywhere and so many hidden jokes & references to find.  I think it pretty much had to be short tho - if they tried to stretch something like this out to 60+ hours it would probably kill it.  As it is, I imagine 12-15 hours will be the perfect length.  Rent it if you must, but anyone that likes South Park needs to play this game.  :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2014, 12:36:18 am »

Don't know how true this is, but I heard when Ubisoft picked the rights up after THQ went under, they pretty much took out 50% of the game in order to release it later on a DLC expansions. I f$#%ing hate the industry because I can actually see this being true. I guess we'll see. Still looks really fun though.

I can't find anything to confirm this. Obsidian -did- say the game would have multiple DLC packs in E3 2012.

But Trey Parker said about cut content being made available as DLC, and I quote, "Fuck that."
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/19/trey-parker-on-making-south-park-the-stick-of-truth-cut-content-dlc-fuk-that/

soera

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2014, 09:32:25 am »
I looked at the Vanguard stuff too. Nothing too bad. I dont know why the rest of the world assumes that America is full of prudes and tries to limit what we can see. I like crazy shit. Show me all of it!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2014, 10:01:16 am »
I dont know why the rest of the world assumes that America is full of prudes and tries to limit what we can see. I like crazy shit. Show me all of it!

Amen, brother  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2014, 10:17:26 am »
I looked at the Vanguard stuff too. Nothing too bad. I dont know why the rest of the world assumes that America is full of prudes and tries to limit what we can see. I like crazy shit. Show me all of it!

That's like the Family Scene in Lords of Shadow 2. Some folks are up in arms about it, while I look at it and think "He's fucking Dracula, and he's thirsty. It's a game ABOUT Dracula, of course we have to see him feed, what's the big deal?"
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2014, 11:22:31 am »
Its pretty bad in the gaming world. A lot of the games coming over here have to be "dumbed down" for us when I guarantee there are just as many gamers on this side of the world that like the more hardcore stuff as over in the Asian countries.

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2014, 05:24:31 pm »
Been on a big "Worms" kick lately, first Battle Islands for the Wii, then Worms Collection for the PS3 came in the mail yesterday and Worms Open Warfare 2 for the DS arrived today.

These games don't seem to get the love they deserve IMO.
agreed

also love Hogs of war
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:16:29 pm by stethebubble »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2014, 09:29:00 pm »
Added a few games to the collection today.
Winter Games and Blues Brothers to the NES pile

ZombiU and Lego City Undercover to the WiiU collection.

And The Boy found a Dark Spyro and Legendary Bouncer Skylanders. He was pretty pumped.

madmax

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2014, 09:55:21 pm »
I'm going to be buying Titanfall when it comes out, won't be a collection piece though.