Author Topic: What was the most inexpensive sealed game you ever bought (that wasn't free)?  (Read 2708 times)

Warmsignal

Interesting topic I think. I thought of this a few days ago after I came across a dirt cheap sealed Splinter Cell 3D (3DS) for exactly $2. The only sealed game I ever got cheaper than that, was a copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula (SCD) for $1.

its not too hard to find current gen games for cheap sealed. the trick is getting 10 year old games sealed.

hexen

I found a sealed Dirty Harry and Mendel Palace for NES at the Movie Trading Company for about $4 each something like 5 years back. I also got a sealed Little Nikki in a lot on ebay even further back, it worked out to like $3 taking into account the full price I payed. I more recently found a sealed .Hack// G.U. Rebirth at a flea market for $10, though I'm really hoping to trade that one for an unsealed complete version plus the price difference because I wanna be able to play it, but I don't wanna ruin a sealed copy :/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:07:22 am by hexen »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

theflea

Most paid for a sealed game?
Well that would be many of the collector edition games I buy brand new like i bought that Splinter Cell CE that came with the airplane. That was almost $200.

As for classic games, I really don't hunt for sealed games. If I happen to find one cheap I'll buy it. But then I want to find another to have opened. I have some classic games sealed only because I make it a habit that if I don't play it right now I leave it sealed til I want to play it. But once they become classic, then I just leave it sealed and find a loose copy because I'd feel kinda stupid opening a game worth good money now. lol

The last game I bought sealed that was classic when I bought it that I can think off was an Atari Jaguar CD game. I think I payed $10 for it.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

argyle

Price at the register, it might be that $0.62 copy of Wappy Dog I bought the other day at Big Lots. 

But if you count post-sale promotions, I actually got paid some obscene amount of money to play Halo 4 thanks to in-store promotions at BB + some American Express offers MS was running where they actually gave you money for beating the game.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

I bought a sealed copy of Resident Evil 2 for game.com for $3.

scott

Cheapest sealed game I ever bought was possibly Mega man Legends 2 at GameStop for $5. Its not sealed anymore but, most of them don't stay sealed for long.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

karyann

Cheapest sealed game I ever bought was possibly Mega man Legends 2 at GameStop for $5. Its not sealed anymore but, most of them don't stay sealed for long.

Well, that's a low price that became an ever lower price over time :P

My own cheapest are tied: Personal Trainer Cooking and Ontamarama for $1 each. Runner-ups are Pilotwings Resort, Steeldiver, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor and Kirby's Epic Yarn for $3 each  :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:46:11 am by karyann »

turf

PRO Supporter

I bought Tony Hawk 3 on N64 for $3 at a junk store.  Then, I bought an Eternal Champions on Sega CD as part of a big wad of stuff in a junk store.  I'd have to say it was less than a buck, but I have no real way to tell.

karyann

I bought Tony Hawk 3 on N64 for $3 at a junk store.  Then, I bought an Eternal Champions on Sega CD as part of a big wad of stuff in a junk store.  I'd have to say it was less than a buck, but I have no real way to tell.

Wow, I've never seen a sealed Sega CD game. That's something!

Probably the cheapest and definitely the most awesome sealed game I have ever bought was last summer I came across a sealed copy of Majora's Mask on the N64 at a local flea market. Asked how much it was, the lady said $5 and I was like SOLD!!! Only downside is that the box has been damaged by something probably being set on top of it, but was still in great shape for a 13-year old game still in its original wrapper.

blipcs76

I found a few sealed games pretty inexpensively over the years:

Last year I found:
- Golden Sun: $3
- Soul Calibur II (GC): $4
- Pokemon Channel (GC): $4
- Sonic Heroes (GC): $4
- Kaboom (5200): $2

About 15 years ago, I grabbed a clearanced copy of Marky Mark: Make My Video (Sega CD) from Walmart for $3. 

My favorite find was getting a new copy of Exodus (NES) in a retail store.  About 5-6 years ago, I was shopping for a Confirmation gift for my nephew at a Christian bookstore and they had several copies of Exodus for both NES and Genesis for $10.  If I knew then what I knew now, I'd bought out all of their stock.

And in college, someone gave me a case of unopened Genesis games -- about 12-15 games, all were Jurassic Park or Vectorman.  I sold them on eBay and didn't save any for myself, as I wouldn't start collecting games for several more years.

Warmsignal

Price at the register, it might be that $0.62 copy of Wappy Dog I bought the other day at Big Lots. 

But if you count post-sale promotions, I actually got paid some obscene amount of money to play Halo 4 thanks to in-store promotions at BB + some American Express offers MS was running where they actually gave you money for beating the game.  :P

Not sure what Wappy Dog is, but that's where I found some 3DS games for $2.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Last summer, I hit a yard sale that I *Really* hadn't felt like going to.

Well - thanks to the constant urging of my girl + the fact that it was only a 2-3 minute drive - I wound up getting there.

(I didn't have any idea of what I'd bought and/or what it was worth until a few hours later)...

There was a yellow, cloth GBC 'pouch' with a velcro flap & a zipper on it w/ a picture of Pikachu on it ==> price tag said 99 cents.

Right next to it was a sealed game in a box (also w/ a picture of Pikachu on it) ==> price tag said 49  cents.

For a buck & a 1/2, I said "Fuck it" and bought the bunch of it in spite of not knowing what any of it was.

What I (later found out that) I came home with for $1.50 =

(1) brand new-looking, yellow, Pikachu GBC pouch/holder...

...(inside of this pouch) was:

- (2) loose, cartridge & clear, plastic case-only games (Frogger & Pokemon: Special Pikachu Edition)

- A Pink-ish (I *think* that it's called "Berry") colored GBC; the insides had some corrosion -but- after I cleaned it out with a Q-Tip -n- some alcohol & put some batteries in it...it turned right on & worked just fine...

...(Inside of this GBC) was:

(1) Pokemon: Gold game

Oh yeah...that one sealed game that was 1/2 a buck...turned out to be a dupe of one of the loose cartdidge games that I got; yep...the Special Pikachu Edition of Pokemon.

Maaaaan!

When I got home & saw on-line what sealed copies of that Pikachu Edition were going for ==> gave the girl a big, ole Smooch-erino, took her out to a nice & romantic dinner -and- later on sold the sealed box (why not - I still had another copy of my own to play if I ever wanted to:) ==> and the rest of the profit more than funded my entire next year of garage/yards sales   ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

Not sure what Wappy Dog is, but that's where I found some 3DS games for $2.

This is Wappy Dog:

:P

When I got home & saw on-line what sealed copies of that Pikachu Edition were going for ==> gave the girl a big, ole Smooch-erino, took her out to a nice & romantic dinner -and- later on sold the sealed box (why not - I still had another copy of my own to play if I ever wanted to:) ==> and the rest of the profit more than funded my entire next year of garage/yards sales   ;D

I love hearing stories like that, keeps me getting up & going to yard sales in the hope that I'll stumble across that super find.  What did you end up selling the sealed one for, if you don't mind me asking?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis