Author Topic: Save your change, folks v4.0  (Read 5270 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: Save your change, folks v4.0
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 11:47:58 pm »
Delivery charge goes to the restaurant only?

Thank you for this information, I'll gladly tip the driver next time I order delivery.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

soera

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 11:57:26 pm »
This is how my restaurant works. I get paid minimum wage + $1 a delivery + tips. My store charges $2.10 as a delivery charge (what an odd number but whatever).

Our personal store is pretty damned good at getting orders right. We may have 1-2 mistakes a night but even then, most of them are just false (like people claiming cold food when it gets there under the mentioned delivery time or pre-made items "missing" ingredients or whatever). Sometimes we do have legit issues where the wrong pizza went to the wrong house or super late items when we are getting our asses handed to us but in those cases, our store eats the cost.

Our fees are average as far as the food itself. We have a $10 minimum (that includes the delivery charge and the tax) and there are plenty of times I take orders that are really close to that minimum. $22 for a single pizza is pretty absurd unless you are ordering the largest pizza on the menu and getting double of every damned topping in the store on there. Here is our website : http://www.mazzios.com/ :)

90snostalga

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 12:00:55 am »
This is how my restaurant works. I get paid minimum wage + $1 a delivery + tips. My store charges $2.10 as a delivery charge (what an odd number but whatever).

Our personal store is pretty damned good at getting orders right. We may have 1-2 mistakes a night but even then, most of them are just false (like people claiming cold food when it gets there under the mentioned delivery time or pre-made items "missing" ingredients or whatever). Sometimes we do have legit issues where the wrong pizza went to the wrong house or super late items when we are getting our asses handed to us but in those cases, our store eats the cost.

Our fees are average as far as the food itself. We have a $10 minimum (that includes the delivery charge and the tax) and there are plenty of times I take orders that are really close to that minimum. $22 for a single pizza is pretty absurd unless you are ordering the largest pizza on the menu and getting double of every damned topping in the store on there. Here is our website : http://www.mazzios.com/ :)

Lol.  I didn't mean 22 for one pizza I meant as my order sub total.  Pizza, sauce, cheese or bread sticks and another pizza for the kids.  I would never pay 22 for one.  But see, that 1 dollar you get paid for delivery isnt that like a tip pay?  Sounds like the 2.10 delivery charge may include your 1.00 delivery and the rest is just profit for the restaurant

90snostalga

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 12:05:08 am »
Aw man.  That stuffed crust on the home page looks so so delicious!!!   8) :D :D :D :D

soera

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2014, 02:25:23 am »
Well, I have been keeping up with this. I have 2 change containers now. One is a crayon box and its full of nothing but quarters. I also have a tupperware fridge box with 2 slots. The smaller one is nothing but nickels, the bigger one is dimes. I am really looking forward to seeing what this is going to be when its all said and done! :D

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2014, 04:17:02 am »
One rule I have if I eat at a restaurant, I will not tip if I have any problems what so ever.  I would apply the same for pizza.   

You do realize that most times when your order is messed up, its not the fault of the waitress or the driver. Most of the time its the person preparing your food. and did you also realize that in most circumstances the waitress or driver relies on your tips as their primary source of income; they get paid next to nothing for serving you. Please do not take this the wrong way, but you should really think about throwing your rule out. People working in the service industry have a difficult and stressful job. They have to deal with assholes all day and the money they make really isnt worth the shit they have to deal with. If you've never seen the movie Waiting, you may want to check it out. the biggest thing you can take away from it is you "Don't fuck with people that handle your food"

I do apologize if this rant came off the wrong way. I'm not trying to give you crap, just hoping you might be able to see the oter side of things.

BBowles

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 12:13:28 am »
First post in the forums (Nice to meet everyone)!

Just wanted to say I love this idea, and I'll be participating as well. I emptied my coin jar at some point earlier this year, so we'll just call the change accumulated since as "from April". I look forward to seeing what everyone ends up getting themselves. :)

soera

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 01:34:28 pm »
Bumping the interest. I just counted my quarters and Im up to $224 just in that. I have so much change now that I have separated each coin in its own container (I still dont bother with pennies but I have one for that too).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 02:34:10 pm »
Bumping the interest. I just counted my quarters and Im up to $224 just in that. I have so much change now that I have separated each coin in its own container (I still dont bother with pennies but I have one for that too).

Damn Son!  You're getting something good this time around!

soera

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 03:26:13 pm »
I know! I am so looking forward to seeing the final result. :D

scott

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 07:36:09 pm »
I turned in all my change in order to pay bills. This time around is gonna be shitty. :\
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2014, 02:14:31 am »
I turned in all my change in order to pay bills. This time around is gonna be shitty. :\

I think last time I did this, hopefully this time I'll get something cool :p

soera

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2014, 08:51:44 pm »
A month to go! I think I finally decided where my funds are going to go too. My bug has a horrible stereo and these funds really dont have a purpose yet so one should fix the other. :)

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »
Will be using my change for bills once again :/

desocietas

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2014, 02:40:29 pm »
The boyfriend has been feeding our piggy bank as well, so we'll see what we get when all is tallied up.  Considering that we just bought a new motherboard, gpu, processor, and psu in the last few months, we could use anything we get, ha.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas