Author Topic: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 45203 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #270 on: May 28, 2014, 10:18:32 pm »

That was awesome.

I grabbed some stuff from Goodwill.

Serious Sam Collection sealed for Xbox 360 - $4
Command and Conquer 3 Red Aleart sealed for PS3 - $4

Half a dozen common Genesis games for $2 each

I also overpaid (in my eyes) for Phantasmagoria. I'm a big King's Quest fan and Roberta Williams did this one too. I probably won't play it, but I just felt compelled to buy it. - $4
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:27:44 pm by turf »

90snostalga

« Reply #271 on: May 28, 2014, 11:41:43 pm »
You guys got me thinking with the Mega Duck stuff.  I used to watch this show in the 90s as a kid that starred some yellow duck with glasses and I remember my mom after while stopped letting me watch it because she said it was an adult show.  I remember him cursing and stuff.  Anyone know what Im talking about and what its called?  I would love to get it on video and watch it again.

90snostalga

« Reply #272 on: May 28, 2014, 11:49:41 pm »
BTW, there can only be one true Mega Duck and here it is below:!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #273 on: May 29, 2014, 02:25:08 am »
You guys got me thinking with the Mega Duck stuff.  I used to watch this show in the 90s as a kid that starred some yellow duck with glasses and I remember my mom after while stopped letting me watch it because she said it was an adult show.  I remember him cursing and stuff.  Anyone know what Im talking about and what its called?  I would love to get it on video and watch it again.

Was it Duckman?  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duckman

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #274 on: May 29, 2014, 02:56:49 am »
BTW, there can only be one true Mega Duck and here it is below:!

Gizmoduck!

htimreimer

« Reply #275 on: May 29, 2014, 03:23:43 am »
I also overpaid (in my eyes) for Phantasmagoria. I'm a big King's Quest fan and Roberta Williams did this one too. I probably won't play it, but I just felt compelled to buy it. - $4
how complete is it?

loose copy: $5 - $8
mostly  complete: $10 - $20
CIB: $50 - $100+

here is the value of the other games

serious sam collection - $40
C&C3 red aleart: $25 - $30
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:31:46 am by htimreimer »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #276 on: May 29, 2014, 05:51:56 am »
Ive gotten me a nice Cougar Boy with 13 games.

I just gots to ask.  What is that?

Its also known as the Mega Duck. I usually look down on it and think of it as a Game Boy knockoff. But then again I don't know much about it and it could be elitism shining through...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar_Boy

I just read that Wikipedia article and other than my opinion on the "Mega Duck" is a better name, I have no comment on the article or the system.

The games kinda suck, but that makes it fun. And most games are some kind of puzzle, tetris clones. Very simple, just the way i like my games  ;D

Ive added them to the database so you can see them.

Here's a youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_KGd3fQueU

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #277 on: May 29, 2014, 07:48:06 am »
how complete is it?

loose copy: $5 - $8
mostly  complete: $10 - $20

here is the value of the other games

serious sam collection - $40
C&C3 red aleart: $25 - $30

It has the case and all 7 discs. I just know I'll never play it. I don't have a PC that will run it. I literally bought it just to stick on the shelf. That's why I said I overpaid in my eyes.

foxhack

« Reply #278 on: May 29, 2014, 08:10:25 am »

... what.

I have a CIB copy of the first game, it's not even worth ten bucks. :p

« Reply #279 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36:01 am »
Sup guys, just posted my latest video on my pick ups for the month of May, (so far) check it out!

argyle

« Reply #280 on: May 29, 2014, 11:29:48 am »
Sup guys, just posted my latest video on my pick ups for the month of May, (so far) check it out!

Nice video & great pickups!  :)  What do you use to capture your game footage?  (man, I hope I haven't asked you that already - I've been asking several people trying to get a feel for what everyone uses before taking the plunge & buying something...)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #281 on: May 29, 2014, 12:41:43 pm »

Nice video & great pickups!  :)  What do you use to capture your game footage?  (man, I hope I haven't asked you that already - I've been asking several people trying to get a feel for what everyone uses before taking the plunge & buying something...)

Thanks! The game footage shown are just clips from youtube that I pull down. If you noticed the Golgo-13 clip, it has a gamespot watermark on it, it was the only video I could find with the sex scene. I don't have the set up for video capturing. I just wanted to show some clips to break up the video a bit. I had to do Code Name Viper to show everyone the pantless hero!

90snostalga

« Reply #282 on: May 29, 2014, 04:18:26 pm »
So I get a text this morning from my mom saying a package came with some video games in it so it must be yours.  I have not ordered anything or anything.  I told her I am not expecting anything but if its games I will go take a look at it.  I get there and the following two awesome bad boys were in the package complete in box!!    Looked at the back of the box and they were from MJMarran.  This is unbelievable.  I am so shocked and excited I do not know what to say.  Thanks MJMarran man.  This is amazing and this made my day!   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

90snostalga

« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2014, 09:32:09 pm »
Hit up the Goodwill before they closed and found this bad boy Pokemon for the Gamecube!   :)  And went to my local Gamestop and they gave me a Mario Kart poster already!  Maybe I'll get another in the morning  ;)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2014, 01:40:38 am »
These arrived in the mail today...

Joy!