Author Topic: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 43922 times)

karyann

Re: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2014, 08:15:27 pm »
Seriously Flea, how can you find so many people willing to sell a current-gen Mario game for $3? You puzzle me each time!

I got Jak 3 today, and found a nice shop that sells vintage stuff of all kinds. They had a few game guides, and their games have prices based only on which system it's for, so there are both great and terrible prices. All their games are $10, except NES and Atari games which are priced $15 each. Kinda strange, but potentially good. I'll try and go there regularly!

theflea

« Reply #301 on: May 31, 2014, 08:48:37 pm »
Seriously Flea, how can you find so many people willing to sell a current-gen Mario game for $3? You puzzle me each time!

I walked into a garage sale, they had a bunch of loose 3DS games on a table marked $5 each, I asked if any of them had boxes, they said yes and only brought out 2, so i asked if they would take less for the ones with out cases and they said yes. That's exactly how it happened.  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2014, 09:30:43 pm »

Leg Work! 

@Flea - How many yard sales do you think you hit in a week?

theflea

« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2014, 09:44:24 pm »

Leg Work! 

I'd say about 40-50 a day on average, so 120-150 a week. Thursday - Saturday. More if I hit large neighborhood sales.
Some neighborhood sales have up to 90 sales in one area.   
Yes a lot of leg work, I'm usually exhausted by the end of the day.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

Bwigdahl

« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2014, 09:53:33 pm »
Jesus Christ, flea... I'm speechless.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #305 on: May 31, 2014, 10:12:54 pm »
Super Back to the Future II!

That's it.

I'm moving to your neighborhood.

« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2014, 11:35:38 pm »

Leg Work! 

I'd say about 40-50 a day on average, so 120-150 a week. Thursday - Saturday. More if I hit large neighborhood sales.
Some neighborhood sales have up to 90 sales in one area.   
Yes a lot of leg work, I'm usually exhausted by the end of the day.

I just don't see that kind of stuff down here at all! Man! That's crazy! If I knew where these garage sales were and they were easier to get to, I'd have no problem doing the leg work lol

foxhack

« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2014, 12:43:11 am »
ARGH THOSE METAL GEAR FIGURES

« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2014, 02:19:39 pm »
Two more great 360 games for cheap. Now is the time to stock up on them!

Gotta get them now before they are all $150+ on ebay. Seems too late for the wii.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2014, 04:44:32 pm »
I was just browsing around my local GS store (while, most definitely, *NOT* flirting with and/or chatting-up the girlie that's been crushing on me - who...disappointingly has yet to find out a concrete answer regarding her promotion to Manager; so far - she's only been assured of "definitely (at the very least) being the "Interim" manager"...

...when I noticed & bought my FIRST PS4 RPG called:

Bound by Flame (they also had it for the PS3).

It's funny - I still clearly remember my 1st PS2 & PS3 RPGs too (FFX-2 and Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (followed by Enchanted Arms/both just "holding-me-over-material whilst waiting for Oblivion:), respectively.

I'm *A.l.m.o.s.t.* ready & motivated enough to un-box, connect, & start playing that sleek-n-smexy beast (my PS4)  :P

Anyone else have any interesting memories of their "FIRSTS" for different platforms over the years?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2014, 06:49:11 pm »
I was just browsing around my local GS store (while, most definitely, *NOT* flirting with and/or chatting-up the girlie that's been crushing on me - who...disappointingly has yet to find out a concrete answer regarding her promotion to Manager; so far - she's only been assured of "definitely (at the very least) being the "Interim" manager"...

It's funny - I still clearly remember my 1st PS2 & PS3 RPGs too (FFX-2 and Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (followed by Enchanted Arms/both just "holding-me-over-material whilst waiting for Oblivion:), respectively.

I'm *A.l.m.o.s.t.* ready & motivated enough to un-box, connect, & start playing that sleek-n-smexy beast (my PS4)  :P

Anyone else have any interesting memories of their "FIRSTS" for different platforms over the years?

You mean "Assistant to" the interim manager? :)

90snostalga

« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2014, 07:33:49 pm »

You mean "Assistant to" the interim manager? :)

Bears Beats Battlestar Galactica

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2014, 07:35:28 pm »
Nope  ;)

I mean "Interim Manager"   ;D

As in, when the current manager leaves tomorrow...she will be the *Manager* until Friday (the day that Corporate decides to make her (or, 1 of the other 2 or 3 *potential* managers) the NEW manager.

So...during that *TERM* (from Mon. afternoon - Friday afternoon), she will be the *Manager* (ie..."Interim Manager")!   8)

After Corporate decides on Fri (she & I, at least:) are hoping that she will continue (be *Promoted*) to the position of the new, permanent manager of that store...

...Very likely, the other *Potential* Managers (who will all indeed be the "Assistants to the Interim Manager") will be hoping just as strongly that They will be promoted to become the manager of that store.

So. tl;dr =

I do, indeed, know what "Interim" & "Manager" mean!

Thanks for your concern, though - it's duly noted   :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2014, 07:50:36 pm »
Kenny, I take it you're not a fan of The Office?  ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #314 on: June 02, 2014, 01:00:20 am »
Nope  ;)

I mean "Interim Manager"   ;D

As in, when the current manager leaves tomorrow...she will be the *Manager* until Friday (the day that Corporate decides to make her (or, 1 of the other 2 or 3 *potential* managers) the NEW manager.

So...during that *TERM* (from Mon. afternoon - Friday afternoon), she will be the *Manager* (ie..."Interim Manager")!   8)

After Corporate decides on Fri (she & I, at least:) are hoping that she will continue (be *Promoted*) to the position of the new, permanent manager of that store...

...Very likely, the other *Potential* Managers (who will all indeed be the "Assistants to the Interim Manager") will be hoping just as strongly that They will be promoted to become the manager of that store.

So. tl;dr =

I do, indeed, know what "Interim" & "Manager" mean!

Thanks for your concern, though - it's duly noted   :P

I was just making an obscure "the Office" reference. :)

Dwight always aspired to be "Assistant Regional Manager" but he was for a long time doomed to simply be "Assistant to the Regional Manager."