Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226744 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2014, 09:13:57 am »
Awesome news!  You guys probably remember the site that was polling for interest in a physical edition of Class of Heroes 2G for the PS3 - they said if they reached a certain number of interested buyers (I wanna say 5k?  maybe 7k?) they would make them & sell them for $40/each.  And as some of you may remember, the last time we checked in on that poll it was nowhere close to that.  Well they've decided that since many of the people on their forums that were interested indicated they would pay a bit more if necessary to get the physical copy, they will produce them after all and sell them for $50 + $4 shipping each.  I'm definitely OK with that!  :D

They're opening up sales next week & will keep them open a month, at the end of that month they cut them off & however many they sold is how many they'll make.  No more ever, that's it!  So if you want one (or two, or in Kenny's case 7 :P) then you'll want to GET ON THAT!  Here's the site link where you can read the details for yourself & also put your email address down to be contacted when preorders open. 

Very happy!  :D

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

Why only 2 for Kenny? :o

You mis-read.  ;)

Ah!

Cry Pardon!

I must better remember the face of my father!

(show/read this to you're wife, Greg...she can translate that for you)  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2014, 10:29:03 am »
Awesome news!  You guys probably remember the site that was polling for interest in a physical edition of Class of Heroes 2G for the PS3 - they said if they reached a certain number of interested buyers (I wanna say 5k?  maybe 7k?) they would make them & sell them for $40/each.  And as some of you may remember, the last time we checked in on that poll it was nowhere close to that.  Well they've decided that since many of the people on their forums that were interested indicated they would pay a bit more if necessary to get the physical copy, they will produce them after all and sell them for $50 + $4 shipping each.  I'm definitely OK with that!  :D

They're opening up sales next week & will keep them open a month, at the end of that month they cut them off & however many they sold is how many they'll make.  No more ever, that's it!  So if you want one (or two, or in Kenny's case 7 :P) then you'll want to GET ON THAT!  Here's the site link where you can read the details for yourself & also put your email address down to be contacted when preorders open. 

Wow, this summer really isn't going easy on my wallet.  :'(
Can somebody help clarify things for me? Do we need to sign up for the mailing list thing in order to be able to preorder a copy? Are we ordering the game through their website and using another method to pay?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2014, 11:18:01 am »

Can somebody help clarify things for me? Do we need to sign up for the mailing list thing in order to be able to preorder a copy? Are we ordering the game through their website and using another method to pay?

No, the sign up is just to be notified when they start taking preorders.  You'll only be able to order it through their website, and I'm sure when they start taking orders they'll have all the usual payment methods (cc, paypal, etc.). 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2014, 11:42:53 am »

No, the sign up is just to be notified when they start taking preorders.  You'll only be able to order it through their website, and I'm sure when they start taking orders they'll have all the usual payment methods (cc, paypal, etc.).

Alright, awesome, thanks. :)

argyle

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2014, 09:00:40 pm »
Ah!

Cry Pardon!

I must better remember the face of my father!

(show/read this to you're wife, Greg...she can translate that for you)  ;)

Finally got that translation from her.  ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

karyann

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2014, 06:32:57 pm »
Awesome! I'm happy they will make it anyway. $10 more is fair, if we're gonna get a special limited game :)

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 05:01:22 pm »
I was slightly worried we wouldn't get it....

abe

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2014, 08:39:33 am »
The Persona series isn't really all that niche, compared to the rest of the games in this thread anyways (though perhaps Persona combined with Etrian Odyssey is a bit more niche), but I didn't know where else to put this.

Wow, just wow. Such an awesome limited edition. This will run for $80, and of course in usual Atlus style, we'll get a first print run edition. The first print run costs $50 and comes with the tarot cards like the premium edition, and a fancy box. Only the premium edition gets a soundtrack unfortunately.  :-\

argyle

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2014, 12:53:25 pm »
Added some newly announced games & updated some info!  :)

abe

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2014, 12:26:23 pm »
A game made by Arc System Works called Magical Beat is releasing tomorrow for the Vita. Unfortunately, it's a PSN-only digital download. It's a really interesting music game that's sorta like Tetris and Puyo Puyo, played to music by Kikuo (http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Kikuo). The game will have DLC music from Blazblue and XBlaze Code: Embryo available as well. If you want to check out the (Japanese) trailer, it'll give you a good idea of what you're getting into, or you could just download the demo when it releases tomorrow. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Q2iXlAwH0
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 12:29:55 pm by abe »

argyle

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2014, 02:47:44 pm »
A game made by Arc System Works called Magical Beat is releasing tomorrow for the Vita. Unfortunately, it's a PSN-only digital download. It's a really interesting music game that's sorta like Tetris and Puyo Puyo, played to music by Kikuo (http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Kikuo). The game will have DLC music from Blazblue and XBlaze Code: Embryo available as well. If you want to check out the (Japanese) trailer, it'll give you a good idea of what you're getting into, or you could just download the demo when it releases tomorrow. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Q2iXlAwH0

That looks interesting, I'll definitely have to check out the demo - thanks!   ;D

argyle

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2014, 06:16:13 pm »
Removed recently released games & updated release date for Neptunia Rebirth w/ newly-announced official date (8/26).  Also, I know there's another thread about it but everyone remember the physical edition of Class of Heroes 2G is available for pre-purchase NOW and will only be available for a month!   ;D

soera

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2014, 11:42:22 pm »
I want to get that Persona Q pre-ordered soon. I did place my order for Class of heroes today though. :)

argyle

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2014, 11:51:59 pm »
I'm debating canceling my One Piece preorder & moving the credit to The Last of Us PS4 (or possibly the just-announced Saints Row IV: National Treasure ed.).  I don't really feel like playing OP right away, and it doesn't look like it's going to be anything difficult to find at least not in the immediate future.   :-\

argyle

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2014, 02:49:35 pm »
Tecmo-Koei has said that they're bringing the latest Ar Tonelico game - Ar no Surge: Ode To An Unborn Star - to the US.  But they haven't given any specifics yet as to if it will be digital only, what the price will be, etc.  If it does turn out to be digital only (hope not...) they are at least releasing a physical copy in the UK that shouldn't be too pricey to import.