Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 228558 times)

argyle

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2014, 08:02:25 pm »
Glad you guys got in on the deal & are getting it worked out.  :)  To think, I *almost* missed out on it because I canceled on Friday thinking that they weren't going to do anything but ship me the normal edition. 

On another note, this video - a fake "console" commercial by the Senran Kagura dev - is hi-larious!  ;D  Probably don't wanna watch it at work tho.  ;)

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2014, 08:09:46 pm »
I figured I'd wait to see how everyone else was going to deal with it because it had been posted on so many game deals sites.  I emailed and they got back to me real fast:

Hello Desocietas,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy. I apologize for the confusion we have caused and that you have not received any updates regarding the error. It was because description of the SKU online was incorrect and it should have shown for a standard edition considering the price. I would suggest to cancel this order and place a different order for the Premium Edition:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-the-wild-cards-premium-edition-nintendo-3ds/7829042.p;jsessionid=C3A3DBFFA2B51734CB384513948F621F.bbolsp-app02-140?id=1219291425820&skuId=7829042&st=Persona Q&lp=2&cp=1

I understand that this has caused great inconvenience in your part and I would like to offer a $30 gift card as a thank you for being patient with us regarding this matter.

Please allow 10 to 15 business days for the gift card to be mailed to your address.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

We appreciate you for being a My Best Buy member.

I figure BB will be losing quite a bit of money with this (or have a lot of angry customers who didn't realize the change in their order).  Either way, I had already preordered it on Newegg when they were doing a promo for an additional $5 gift card with preorder, so I'm good with cancelling the BB order this time  8)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2014, 08:30:48 pm »
Eh, the thought of not re-ordering it crossed my mind, but seems kinda low to take their gift card & not order it.  I won't get a better deal than this on it anyway. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2014, 09:33:42 pm »
Glad you guys got in on the deal & are getting it worked out.  :)  To think, I *almost* missed out on it because I canceled on Friday thinking that they weren't going to do anything but ship me the normal edition. 

On another note, this video - a fake "console" commercial by the Senran Kagura dev - is hi-larious!  ;D  Probably don't wanna watch it at work tho.  ;)

This is the best thing I've seen all day.
Also, I noticed earlier Azure Striker Gunvolt isn't in the thread for some reason. Not niche enough?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2014, 10:21:16 pm »
Also, I noticed earlier Azure Striker Gunvolt isn't in the thread for some reason. Not niche enough?

I've never heard of it before you mentioned it today.  ??? What is it?

Also, in reading I see that Ciel nosurge is an episodic Vita game in Japan, and this October their supposed to release a version that has all the episodes on one cart - so maybe there's still a chance we'll see the game over here & they've just been waiting for that all-inclusive version to release so they can localize it?  Maybe?? :)

abe

« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2014, 10:44:05 pm »

Also, in reading I see that Ciel nosurge is an episodic Vita game in Japan, and this October their supposed to release a version that has all the episodes on one cart - so maybe there's still a chance we'll see the game over here & they've just been waiting for that all-inclusive version to release so they can localize it?  Maybe?? :)

Azure Striker Gunvolt is a 2D action platformer developed by Inti Creates, the same developer responsible for the Mega Man Zero & ZX series (which Gunvolt is similar to). Keiji Inafune is the Executive Producer, which is awesome. :) It's supposed to release some time this summer over here on the eShop (pretty sure it's eShop only in Japan too).

Official Website Here --> http://gunvolt.com/en/en_index.html

argyle

« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2014, 11:00:41 pm »

Azure Striker Gunvolt is a 2D action platformer developed by Inti Creates, the same developer responsible for the Mega Man Zero & ZX series (which Gunvolt is similar to). Keiji Inafune is the Executive Producer, which is awesome. :) It's supposed to release some time this summer over here on the eShop (pretty sure it's eShop only in Japan too).

Official Website Here --> http://gunvolt.com/en/en_index.html

Huh, cool - I thought the only game Inafune was working on was that Kickstarter game.  Oh well, I added it - I can't even keep up with "mainstream" Nintendo digital releases, much less the niche stuff.  :P

ffxik

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2014, 02:04:24 am »
Sweet.  Question.  Am I the only one who wants another Mana Khemia game?  I'm stoked for this one.  But the Mana spin off is by far may favorite.

Mana Khemia is a spin-off of the Atelier series, not Ar Tonelico - but in your defense, all these nonsense words kinda sound the same.  :P  I did love the first Mana Khemia - still haven't played the second, even tho I've owned it since it came out.  No excuse, really.   :-\ 

I know.  :P  Still no excuse not release another one.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2014, 09:50:35 am »

Also, in reading I see that Ciel nosurge is an episodic Vita game in Japan, and this October their supposed to release a version that has all the episodes on one cart - so maybe there's still a chance we'll see the game over here & they've just been waiting for that all-inclusive version to release so they can localize it?  Maybe Hopefully?? :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2014, 10:00:46 am »
More minor news today. Akiba's Trip reaches Europe on October 10th, and Keiji Inafune is considering starting  a Kickstarter campaign for a Mega Man Legends styled Mighty No. 9 game.

*Edited this post because I don't want to double post.
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds is coming to the PS Vita in NA on July 29th. It will be a PSN-only title. Since it doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet in this thread, I'll give a little info about what it is. Phantom Breaker is a retro beat-em-up from 5pb. that supports up to 4 players at once. It also has some characters from Steins;Gate, a popular visual novel (which also has a popular anime adaptation). I'll post a Japanese gameplay trailer for those of you looking to learn more.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:02:44 am by abe »

argyle

« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2014, 12:17:50 am »
More minor news today. Akiba's Trip reaches Europe on October 10th, and Keiji Inafune is considering starting  a Kickstarter campaign for a Mega Man Legends styled Mighty No. 9 game.

*Edited this post because I don't want to double post.
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds is coming to the PS Vita in NA on July 29th. It will be a PSN-only title. Since it doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet in this thread, I'll give a little info about what it is. Phantom Breaker is a retro beat-em-up from 5pb. that supports up to 4 players at once. It also has some characters from Steins;Gate, a popular visual novel (which also has a popular anime adaptation). I'll post a Japanese gameplay trailer for those of you looking to learn more.

I saw that announcement earlier today, but didn't watch the trailer (still haven't, but I will!).  Sounds interesting at least. 

EDIT:  Japanese debut trailer for the new Fatal Frame game for the Wii U.  This had BETTER come to the US...  >:(

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:43:10 am by argyle »

bobster

« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2014, 09:20:52 am »
Ah man that game looks amazing! I've yet to play a Fatal Frame game, but I'm a huge fan of Silent Hill and I think Fatal Frame is exactly what I want. On a similar note, I just picked up Siren a week or two back. Sounds like it's time to go through a horror game phase!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2014, 12:38:30 pm »
So getting in on the Persona Q Premium Ed. deal has caused me to spend MORE money.  I mean, I can't very well just have half of the tarot card set, right??  So I preordered Persona 4 Arena Ultimax last night. :P

Also, just updated the main post a little, mainly with some new trailers. 

abe

« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2014, 02:23:40 pm »
So getting in on the Persona Q Premium Ed. deal has caused me to spend MORE money.  I mean, I can't very well just have half of the tarot card set, right??  So I preordered Persona 4 Arena Ultimax last night. :P

I felt the same way. I had absolutely no intention of preordering P4 Arena Ultimax. I wanted to wait for a price drop, since it's not really a huge priority for me, even if it is a Persona game. Of course, Atlus just had to only put half the tarot set in Persona Q. :-\ Well, at least we get a Teddy punching bag thing too, right? Oh yeah, and the game itself. :P

argyle

« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2014, 03:11:49 pm »

I felt the same way. I had absolutely no intention of preordering P4 Arena Ultimax. I wanted to wait for a price drop, since it's not really a huge priority for me, even if it is a Persona game. Of course, Atlus just had to only put half the tarot set in Persona Q. :-\ Well, at least we get a Teddy punching bag thing too, right? Oh yeah, and the game itself. :P

I know, right!?! :P 

You guys make me feel better about my poor life choices.   ;D