Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226595 times)

davifus

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2014, 07:33:57 pm »
I'm just waiting for it to drop in price. I know Akiba Trip is those kind of games that will drop in price after a couple months.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2014, 07:45:07 pm »
I'm just waiting for it to drop in price. I know Akiba Trip is those kind of games that will drop in price after a couple months.

As far as I'm aware, there were no preorder bonuses for it either. So you're not really missing out on anything by picking it up later.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2014, 07:57:29 pm »
Yeah I definitely won't be picking up the PS4 version in Nov. either, my plate is beyond full right now.  But I'm glad to hear people are liking it, it should make for a fun game during the next gaming lull (is there such a thing anymore? :P). 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2014, 07:58:56 pm »
Yeah I definitely won't be picking up the PS4 version in Nov. either, my plate is beyond full right now.  But I'm glad to hear people are liking it, it should make for a fun game during the next gaming lull (is there such a thing anymore? :P).

Yeah me too a full plate and an empty wallet.

abe

« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2014, 04:55:27 pm »
A Limited Edition for Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- has been announced for North America. The LE for the PS3 version will be $69.99 and the LE for the PS4 version will be $79.99. There goes another giant chunk of my money this fall. :( Still no solid release date yet for NA unfortunately, fall is all we have to go by for now.

davifus

« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2014, 05:03:39 pm »
A Limited Edition for Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- has been announced for North America. The LE for the PS3 version will be $69.99 and the LE for the PS4 version will be $79.99. There goes another giant chunk of my money this fall. :( Still no solid release date yet for NA unfortunately, fall is all we have to go by for now.

Is the LE online exclusive or will stores have them too

abe

« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2014, 05:09:03 pm »

Is the LE online exclusive or will stores have them too

According to this --> http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/12/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-limited-edition-announced-north-america/
You'll be able to buy the LE on Amazon, but not in stores I guess. I only see the standard editions up for preorder on Amazon.com so far, no LE yet. Amazon.ca doesn't even have the standard editions up for preorder yet. >:(

argyle

« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2014, 10:02:19 pm »
Has anyone seen a pic of it yet?  I'd really like to know what that box looks like.

BTW, thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll add it to the OP sometime this weekend.  ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2014, 11:41:10 pm »
Has anyone seen a pic of it yet?  I'd really like to know what that box looks like.

BTW, thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll add it to the OP sometime this weekend.  ;)

No pics of the LE yet.

abe

« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2014, 06:26:55 pm »
So, apparently Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Remmix for the 3DS is now going to be called Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX. If I understood the article I read correctly, it's also coming out next year now instead of 2014. ???
http://gematsu.com/2014/09/hatsune-miku-project-mirai-remix-renamed-hatsune-miku-project-mirai-dx

Aside from that, Tales of Zestiria has been announced to be released some time before the end of Summer 2015 in North America. ;D

karyann

« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2014, 06:33:37 pm »
So, apparently Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Remix for the 3DS is now going to be called Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX. If I understood the article I read correctly, it's also coming out next year now instead of 2014. ???
http://gematsu.com/2014/09/hatsune-miku-project-mirai-remix-renamed-hatsune-miku-project-mirai-dx

Aside from that, Tales of Zestiria has been announced to be released some time before the end of Summer 2015 in North America. ;D

Like the article says, I have no idea whatsoever why they didn't keep the original name, but hey... New Miku game! I didn't know we'd get it too. I can't believe that they're localizing so many of them!  :o Did Project Diva F sell that much?

abe

« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2014, 09:10:36 am »

argyle

« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2014, 09:31:10 am »
DISGAEA 5 CONFIRMED FOR NORTH AMERICAN RELEASE. SO HYPED!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/19/disgaea-5-confirmed-america-tgs-demo-will-available-psn-japan-october/

Sorry, I had to! :P

I will say tho, even tho I'm not much of a Disgaea fan if that figurine is in the inevitable NISA LE set, I'm definitely ordering it!  ;D

EDIT:  Updated the OP w/ new additions and a date change or two.  Can't believe I didn't already have Tales of Zesteria on the list!  :o

And tho I don't think it qualifies as "niche", I'm very happy to hear about Battleborne's Feb. release date. :D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:40:22 am by argyle »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2014, 10:48:35 am »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2014, 11:02:02 am »
Added 3 Koei-Tecmo titles that were just announced for US release next year - Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, Bladestorm: Nightmare and Toukiden Kiwami.  Especially happy to see that Bladestorm announcement.  :D