Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39636 times)

foxhack

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #285 on: June 25, 2014, 10:15:10 pm »
you guy probably have noticed that i have not been all that talkative as of lately, i have been a bit distracted by life and being a member of the lordkat mafia

htimreimer

« Reply #286 on: June 25, 2014, 10:16:25 pm »
you guy probably have noticed that i have not been all that talkative as of lately, i have been a bit distracted by life and being a member of the lordkat mafia
lordkat mafia

lol

(Edit: Fixing broken quote. -- Foxhack)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:19:16 pm by foxhack »

foxhack

« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2014, 10:20:18 pm »
I'm aware of that person's stream.

And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Be careful. Just saying. Also, sorry for editing your post, the quote was screwed up in my end.

soera

« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2014, 10:28:58 pm »

This fits.

blipcs76

« Reply #289 on: June 25, 2014, 11:56:11 pm »
So this just happened

Congrats!  I have no regrets on the purchase of my Wii U.  Mario 3D World is the best 3D Mario game since 64, IMO (edges out Galaxy).  And Mario Kart 8 is pretty much perfect, except for the battle modes they messed up (but I never played battle mode anyway). 

I'm really looking forward to Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros. later this year.

blipcs76

« Reply #290 on: June 26, 2014, 09:45:22 am »
Here's the second lot of stuff I picked up this weekend off a CL deal.  I didn't get it super cheap, but definitely way lower than retail for the stuff in this lot.

Stack Up was a purchase off eBay, not part of this lot.  That pickup leaves just Donkey Kong as the lone black box title for me to pick up.

There's the real jewel, a CIB Operation Secret Storm.  Box and manual aren't in great shape, but to find those pieces at all is a great find.  I can flatten out the manual too.  This is now the rarest NES game in my collection.

Between the Virtual Boy lot, the Genesis lot and this NES lot, my wife says I don't have the right to complain about striking out at garage sales for 2 1/2 months  ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #291 on: June 26, 2014, 10:04:04 am »

There's the real jewel, a CIB Operation Secret Storm.  Box and manual aren't in great shape, but to find those pieces at all is a great find.  I can flatten out the manual too.  This is now the rarest NES game in my collection.

I think that is my favorite NES box art.  A cartoon dictator?  It just looks awesome to me.  Great find.  The game isn't so good, but the art totally makes up for it.

blipcs76

« Reply #292 on: June 26, 2014, 10:28:05 am »
I think that is my favorite NES box art.  A cartoon dictator?  It just looks awesome to me.  Great find.  The game isn't so good, but the art totally makes up for it.

I expect it to be a horrible game.  It's Color Dreams, after all.  But it's pretty darn uncommon and it has a cartoony Saddam as the boxart.  How can you go wrong?

theflea

« Reply #293 on: June 26, 2014, 09:19:32 pm »
After a long day of garage sales here's the goodies.

XB360
- 2010 FIFA world Cup: South Africa ($1)
- Tony Hawk Shred (with board $2)

PS2
- Space Race ($1)
- Hulk ($1)
- Men in Black II ($1)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses ($2)
- X-Squad ($1)
- Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (.25)
- Hitman: Blood Money (.25)
- Hitman 2 (.25)
- Hitman: Contracts (.25)

A cool looking Pac-Man plug and Play ($2)

NDS
Picked up 2 NDS, 1st was a old silver model 1 for $5 with a after market charger.
2nd was a Metallic Pink NDS with 7 games & charger for $15.
- Imagine Teacher ($1)
- Golden Nugget ($2)
- Dream Chronicles (Sealed $3)
- Texas Hold-em ($2)
- 50 Classic Games ($2)
- Ener-G Gym Rockets ($2)
- Lego Pirates of the Caribbean ($2)
- Lego Indiana Jones 2 ($2)
- Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 ($2)
- Animal Crossing: Wild World ($2)
- Spore Creatures (part of pink NDS lot)
- Horsez (part of pink NDS lot)
- Drawn to Life Spongebob (part of pink NDS lot)
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (part of pink NDS lot)
- Warioware Touched (case & manual only)

GBA
- Monsters Inc (part of pink NDS lot)
- Kim Possible 3 (part of pink NDS lot)
- Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (part of pink NDS lot)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong (was in a Warioware DS case $2)

XB
- Fire Blade ($1)
- A Xbox Controller (free)

GC
- 1080 Avalanche ($2)

N64 (all $1 a piece)
- Star Wars: Rouge Squadron
- Diddy Kong Racing
- Super Smash Bros.
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (CE)

A Sega Pico with 6 games (most all CIB) for $5. (I was always wondering when I was going to find one of these)

GG
- Star Wars ($1)

SNES
Got a system with 2 games for $8
- Donkey Kong Country
- Wheel of Fortune

GEN
A Sega Genesis with 6 games for $10
- NBA Jam TE
- Warlock (CIB)
- Altered Beast (CIB)
- Sonic 3D Blast (CIB)
- Mega Turrican (CIB)
- Castlevania Bloodlines (missing manual)

And a GI Joe figure form the 80s/90's

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:24:46 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

abe

« Reply #294 on: June 26, 2014, 09:29:46 pm »
Impressive deals as usual from theflea. :) A quick question, are all those garage sales you go to within or close to your city/town of residence, or do you do a fair amount of traveling to get to all of them?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #295 on: June 26, 2014, 09:38:39 pm »
I love that the pink DS lot included Horsez, Spongebob and...Grand Theft Auto.  :o :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #296 on: June 26, 2014, 09:42:45 pm »
Came across a Black Gamecube today at the thrift shop, picking it up after forgetting that I had gotten one there before, a silver one lol It was only 20 bucks, so not bad either way, might see about using it for trade a meetup this weekend if I have a spare controller for it.

argyle

« Reply #297 on: June 26, 2014, 10:04:31 pm »
Came across a Black Gamecube today at the thrift shop, picking it up after forgetting that I had gotten one there before, a silver one lol It was only 20 bucks, so not bad either way, might see about using it for trade a meetup this weekend if I have a spare controller for it.

It seems every single GC I come across is purple.  ???  And I *like* the purple, it's the one I decided to buy new back in the day, but I'd like to get the other ones now.  :P 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #298 on: June 26, 2014, 10:09:52 pm »

It seems every single GC I come across is purple.  ???  And I *like* the purple, it's the one I decided to buy new back in the day, but I'd like to get the other ones now.  :P

Are black GameCube's more rare, or something? I have one, and never realized that if that's the case.

argyle

« Reply #299 on: June 26, 2014, 10:41:37 pm »

Are black GameCube's more rare, or something? I have one, and never realized that if that's the case.

I don't think so, I think I just have bad luck in that department.  :P  What I really want is a platinum one anyway.