Author Topic: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29553 times)

scott

Re: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2014, 07:46:51 pm »
Picked up a couple games today... I had a nice copy of Metal Slug Anthology in my hand, but even after 2 attempts in the disc machine, it had some bad marks on the disc... so I let it go.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

abe

« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2014, 08:00:54 pm »
I went to a dollar store today:

At $1.50 each I was pretty happy. Then on the way out of the store I remembered that my laptop doesn't have a rom drive :-(

When did The Dollarama start selling games? :o
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

spac316

« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2014, 02:52:36 am »
Just Bought WWF(wwe) Royal Rumble for Dreamcast and Brave Fencer Musashi For PS1!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2014, 04:20:18 am »
Folks,

I'm very excited.

It's been an amazing week!

Monday began with my coworker giving me this out of the blue...

Then on Thursday this arrived from burningdoom:

Turbo Grafx 16 Console with:
Keith Courage in the Alpha Zones
Alien Crush

Saturday I had what I would consider my first "Awesome Haul" after a morning of garage sale-ing.

I didn't have a planned route or anything. I just woke up early and had the itch. So I hopped in the car and drove the route I usually take to go to church.

I always see signs for sales on Sunday, but I don't do commerce on Sundays so it always makes me wonder what I'm missing.

Saturday there was a sale on nearly every block.

In spite of this the first hour and a half was something of a bust.

I only had one neat find.

Indian Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Not the CD-Rom re-release but the original 286 version on 5.25 floppy disks. :)

It's complete in box. Manual, registration card, a map, a piece of paper with notes taken by the owner. A newspaper and even the original purchase receipt and even more stuff. It was like opening a time capsule. (If folks are interested I can post pictures of the complete contents).

The next few sales were a bust. So I decided to hang it up and head home.

On the way I stumbled on this lot:

I got everything pictured for $12.

PS1
Area 51 (disc & manual)
Bubble Bobble (disc & manual)
Crash Bandicoot (disc & manual)
Croc (disc & manual)
Need for Speed High Stakes (disc & manual)
Tekken (disc & manual)
FF IX Disc 3 & manual turned out to be crammed inside the Final Fantasy Adventure box.
Konami Justifier light gun (with manual)

GBA
Final Fantasy Adventure (box, manual, map, and other extras, but no game)
**I have since ordered the game itself from ebay. So this will soon be CIB. :)

Funny story. The stuff was actually part of a much bigger lot which included a ps2 (fat) and a ps1. A bunch of sports titles, several demo discs, a ps1 steering wheel, and some controllers. All the hookups were missing.

For the hell of it I offered her $20 for all of it.

She countered with $30.

I countered with $25.

She refused to budge from 30.

I told her that was more than I wanted to spend so I'd whittle the lot down and make a new offer. It was at this point I inspected the systems and games in detail. The box was a mess of mismatched hookups and cases without games and games without cases. Tons of demo games and the consoles were filthy enough that I questioned them being viable as backup units.

So I whittled the lot down to everything I though was actually of value to me and offered her $10.

She countered with $12.

And I said "alright".

Funny thing is. All I really wanted was the Justifier. Everything else is just gravy.

As I continued home figuring I'd done the best I could do... I found a mother load of game cube and game boy advance stuff.

Here's what I walked away with for $20

GBA Accessories
Charger
rechargeable battery pack
light and protective flip cover
game link cable
car adapter

GBA Games
NBA Jam 2002 (with manual and case)
Ghostbusters
Lego Bionicle (with manual and case) for my son
Magical Quest Staring Mickey Mouse (with manual and case) for my wife
Donald Duck (with manual and case) for my wife

Game Cube Accessories
Nintendo Wavebird Wireless controller (with fresh batteries and the receiver)

When I got home my wife informed me my eBay purchase arrived it was:

Super Mario USA (nes)

We went out to eat and on the way home I stopped by Fry's, picked up some crimped cables and successfully completed a solderless AV mod on the Turbo Grafx 16!

Not a bad week at all and I still have stuff in the mail that should arrive next week! :)

I think theflea would be proud!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:55:11 am by dashv »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2014, 05:01:55 am »
Fantastic finds as usual flea. I've been looking for super off road (nes 4 player version) forever.

I added the 2 player SNES version to my collection last week. It has more tracks than the nes version and the graphics are more like the arcade. But I like the music, sound, and 4 player action of the nes version better.

« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2014, 10:52:25 am »
- NES Remix (free download from Club Nintendo Award, wish they would release a psychical copy of this.)
In Japan there is a physical copy of NES Remix 1+2. It might be coming to the states too. I haven't looked into it in a while.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2014, 12:01:58 pm »
- NES Remix (free download from Club Nintendo Award, wish they would release a psychical copy of this.)
In Japan there is a physical copy of NES Remix 1+2. It might be coming to the states too. I haven't looked into it in a while.

Boy, that would be nice. I've already bought both 1&2, but I'll drop another $30 to have it on disc.

« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2014, 12:25:15 pm »
so i told my wife about the best buy sale today. (i wanted 6 of the games but didnt tell her that) she shows me a piece of paper with 6 games on it we were going to get. the 6 games that i wanted.
i knew i married her for a reason lol.
so here is todays lot

thank you argyle for this

« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2014, 01:05:12 pm »
Had some NES luck yesterday while out and about. Caught a local game store slipping pretty bad on this one.

Also, very, very nice pickups everyone!!! Glad to see this stuff going to good homes :)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2014, 01:27:00 pm »
Had some NES luck yesterday while out and about. Caught a local game store slipping pretty bad on this one.

Also, very, very nice pickups everyone!!! Glad to see this stuff going to good homes :)

Nice score!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2014, 02:09:22 pm »

How much? 

« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2014, 02:28:22 pm »

How much?

$30

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2014, 04:56:22 pm »

How much?

$30

Awesome!  Love it when folks find a great deal!

spac316

« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2014, 06:55:00 pm »
Here are the games I bought the other day...

Got them from Pink Gorilla in Seattle(International Dist.).

« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2014, 07:15:25 pm »
Would've had a lot more to show today if I chose trade in value at the game shop, but I needed cash more since I spent all my cash on a new arcade stick, but I did manage to get two cool little things there.  The big one is a fabric Skyward Sword map, looks super cool, and I grabbed a Zangief figure for real cheap because I'm getting into Street Fighter again lol THE ZANGIEF HYPE IS REAL!