Author Topic: Games everyone loves but you hate?  (Read 8981 times)

dreama1

Re: Games everyone loves but you hate?
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2014, 02:14:03 pm »
What's wrong with bioshock?
What's wrong with Metroid ?
No 45 degree aiming with your gun. Too dark no sense of direction confusing maze labyrinth like levels, tedious platforming, horrendous amount of backtracking, annoying enemies that you can't seem to shoot, respawning enemies. Generally not really fun for most picking it up today. I haven't really heard much outside of the rhetoric "I played this game as a kid".
It's graphically impressive, sounding, and  atmospheric. But this does not make a good game, neither does being iconic.

Metroid: Zero Mission fixes that. It overhauls the entire game with Super Metroid-esque controls and graphics.
The damage is done.

gomi321

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2014, 03:20:12 pm »
Which Final fantasy we talking about here? 16 games is alot to hate.

All of them are overrated, especially 7

3DS: 3952-8105-2656 Nintendo Network/Steam/XBox/PSN: gomi321

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2014, 07:05:46 pm »

Duck!  Here comes the hate! 

I totally agree though. I think FF3 (or FF6 if you want to be a dick about it) is a great game. It's one of my favorite RPGs of all time. The rest though?  I can go without hearing the words "Final Fantasy" ever again. 

Full disclosure: I've only played 1, 2*, 3*, and 7.  The others may be fantastic.

*I played the US releases. That's how they were numbered, and that's what's on the label.  You can call them 4 & 6, but I won't.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2014, 02:27:50 am »

Duck!  Here comes the hate! 

I totally agree though. I think FF3 (or FF6 if you want to be a dick about it) is a great game. It's one of my favorite RPGs of all time. The rest though?  I can go without hearing the words "Final Fantasy" ever again. 

Full disclosure: I've only played 1, 2*, 3*, and 7.  The others may be fantastic.

*I played the US releases. That's how they were numbered, and that's what's on the label.  You can call them 4 & 6, but I won't.

I actually like 9 better than 7. It's worth a try.

FF8 I just couldn't get into at all.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2014, 02:30:25 am »
What's wrong with bioshock?
What's wrong with Metroid ?
No 45 degree aiming with your gun. Too dark no sense of direction confusing maze labyrinth like levels, tedious platforming, horrendous amount of backtracking, annoying enemies that you can't seem to shoot, respawning enemies. Generally not really fun for most picking it up today. I haven't really heard much outside of the rhetoric "I played this game as a kid".
It's graphically impressive, sounding, and  atmospheric. But this does not make a good game, neither does being iconic.

Metroid: Zero Mission fixes that. It overhauls the entire game with Super Metroid-esque controls and graphics.
The damage is done.

That's like Judging Resident Evil remake for game cube based on the very first PS1 version of the game.

One is the first of it's kind and the best they could do as pioneers in the genre.

The other is the developers showing how badass they are now that they've caught up to technology. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2014, 08:38:01 pm »
Gears of War.

I hate the constant-run-for-cover mechanic of the game. I know it's going for realism, but for me I enjoy a game that's more focused on fun than realism.

maximo310

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2014, 09:25:04 pm »
Racing sims, such as Gran Turismo and Forza series. Personally, I don't really care for the gameplay and mechanics compared to arcade racers which I think offer more in fun factor and replayability, even if those kind of games are very short.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2014, 02:19:00 am »
Every Mario game on the Wii and Wii U...  Only Mario game I'm excited for now is the Mario & Luigi RPG series.

NIS RPGs.  Tried to enjoy Phantom Brave but I find I enjoy more of a Final Fantasy Tactics- or Front Mission-esque style of gameplay.  I can understand the light-hearted take and humor they're making into the games.  I'm just not into it.  Wanted to try Witch & The Hundred Knight but I'm hearing some kind of time element and that's what's turning me off on trying the game.

Shenmue, Rogue Galaxy, Brave Fencer Musashi, Ephemeral Fantasia, Dead Rising...  Every game with a time element.  Not sure if everyone loved these games but people around me do.  Anyway, time elements constrict the fun factor because to get the best result, things have to be done in a specific time and manner.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2014, 01:00:53 pm »
Ikaruga is another one.  The game just looks bland to me and the switching color gimmick is just that.  It's just not what I play those kinds of games for.  Any Treasure game that has a gimmick like that annoys me, especially Silhouette Mirage.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2014, 02:16:12 pm »
Ikaruga is another one.  The game just looks bland to me and the switching color gimmick is just that.  It's just not what I play those kinds of games for.  Any Treasure game that has a gimmick like that annoys me, especially Silhouette Mirage.

I don't like it either, but that's because it's just too freaking hard for me. But bland is definitely a word I would never use for that game. There's constantly barrages of enemies and enemy-fire coming at you.

dreama1

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2014, 03:27:44 pm »
You like shoot em ups?

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2014, 03:42:09 pm »

I don't like it either, but that's because it's just too freaking hard for me. But bland is definitely a word I would never use for that game. There's constantly barrages of enemies and enemy-fire coming at you.
Well, by bland I meant the color schemes/environments.

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2014, 03:42:33 pm »
You like shoot em ups?
I do. 

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2014, 03:49:06 pm »
Racing sims, such as Gran Turismo and Forza series. Personally, I don't really care for the gameplay and mechanics compared to arcade racers which I think offer more in fun factor and replayability, even if those kind of games are very short.

Gran Turismo pretty much closed that door for me too.  It was harder to get a license in that game than it was in real life.  Make it through  3 minutes of grueling technical turns only to be disqualified for going slightly off the road while drifting.  No thanks, not my idea of fun.

dreama1

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2014, 04:01:13 pm »
You like shoot em ups?
I do.
It's pretty mind blowing if you have been spending your time with Genesis shoot em ups even sega saturn shoot em ups. It's ablity to trick the brain into thinking its a 3d plain with rotational effects is impressive. The enemy patterns are also unique and well designed. I recommend if you want fun out of it is to play a competition with friends to see who can get the highest score.